It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Flat earth?" Who are these people and what is their purpose?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: YarlanZey
Just spent some of the evening looking into Flat Earthers. You are just being lazy because there are loads of You Tube videos you can watch which will answer your questions.

Wo! I don't need to spend time watching that crap. And you watching videos doesn't make me lazy.

Why don't you leave out the insult next time because you are not Indiana Jones just because you watched a couple videos.

I have my own will, if I wanted to watch videos I would. 6 months I give it before you are a flat earther.

I only could tolerate the one video. I am perfectly happy with a round(ish?) Earth and if it is flat I will never know because I am not one to go exploring but seriously it legitimately pissed me off. I don't really even know why. I hate whack job theories but this one was just too much.
edit on 20-6-2016 by KingPhilipsiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: KingPhilipsiX

I just really want to know why? Who is doing this and why? What do they gain?

The people who propose the idea of a flat Earth are the same as those who propose the world was created in 7 days.

They are scientifically bankrupt and want to debase truth to fit their agenda.

Or they are just arseholes who have no clue and love YouTube more than their very own wives...I use the word wives reservedly.

Agreed. Until everyone figures out that science and religion have common, I don't know, interests? then the social divide will increase more and intelligence will fall in the hands of atheists, Jesuits and...Jesuits.

edit on 20-6-2016 by KingPhilipsiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingPhilipsiX

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: KingPhilipsiX

I just really want to know why? Who is doing this and why? What do they gain?

The people who propose the idea of a flat Earth are the same as those who propose the world was created in 7 days.

They are scientifically bankrupt and want to debase truth to fit their agenda.

Or they are just arseholes who have no clue and love YouTube more than their very own wives...I use the word wives reservedly.

Agreed. Until everyone figures out that science and religion have common, I don't know, interests? then the social divide will increase more and intelligence will fall in the hands of atheists, Jesuits and...Jesuits.

Science and religion have nothing in common. Science is there to educate the masses, religion is there to control them

(post by ignorant_ape removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Whether someone believes it flat or not likely wont change their day to day in any way in the slightest other than something to argue about so why does believing either or matter... so one can say one is right and the other wrong? The day for either likely wont change as round or flat wont make and day to day difference.

Like if I called the sun 'pinky' it wont stop the sun from sunning doing what it does... so why argue about it.

When right or wrong likely wont make a difference in eithers lifetime... belief in religion hasnt seemed to make any difference for 1000s of years it just given people something to argue about.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: leastofthese
We have been exposed to the round Earth theory for centuries. We have all seen images of the Earth in the shape of a circle. We are told that this circle is three dimensional whereby we instantly envision the 'sphere', and accept the 'ball model' as undeniable fact because everyone knows that a basketball is round...
These images of Earth as a spherical 'object' are forced on us repeatedly, night and day, through all known mediums. Can any of you remember a time when science offered any other possible shape of the Earth plane? No? Ok, so we must therefore live on a ball, a round world, spinning in the cold vacuum of 'space', around the sun, hurtling across the universe at neck snapping speeds. Sounds logical to me.

But wait, something happened, we found out recently, that we are wrong in our interpretation of the worlds shape and that the rock we live on isn't really a ball at all. What now? But I've seen the Earth, it's round, look I have a globe right here, see, it's perfectly round. Sorry, no, mainstream science now claims the Earth to be an oblate spheroid. Ok, cool, so the images of Earth, you know the ones you've been force feeding me my whole life are now incorrect? Is that what science is saying? Yes folks, that's what they want us to 'believe' now.

Ok, well that ends the debate then, yeah? THE EARTH ISN'T FLAT, IT'S AN OBLATE SPHEROID.
Science can't be wrong, so just shut up, stay quiet, and move along. Nothing to see here folks, just move along....

I don't mean to be rude, but you argue like a child would. Science wasnt wrong about the earth. It IS a sphere, but since its rotating, it bulges in the centre.

if you are going to post here, at least try to learn school level science.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Ha! You make me laugh! Your posts are some of worst pro government trolling I've ever seen! None of your posts contain any substance whatsoever. Let me ask you this, why are you on a conspiracy site? None of your posts or threads contain any conspiracy content? Hmmm...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Ha! You make me laugh! Your posts are some of worst pro government trolling I've ever seen! None of your posts contain any substance whatsoever. Let me ask you this, why are you on a conspiracy site? None of your posts or threads contain any conspiracy content? Hmmm...

Because i like the science and aviation and astronomy sections as well as the general news. No, i dont believe in most conspiracies...so what? The people i listen to and respect on here, for the most part, dont seem to either. I wont name names, but they are the ones who provide knowledge that can be backed up.

Basically, Im here because there are a lot of very smart people here who post interesting things in the fields im interested in. Is that OK?

In case you hadnt noticed, ATS is much ore than just a conspiracy forum at this point.

I must say, that calling me a shill is pretty damn sad seeing as you know nothing about me. Well done. As i said, you argue like a child. You cant form coherent arguments, therefore i must be a shill.

edit on 20-6-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

So you don't believe in most conspiracies, ok. Above Top Secret is a conspiracy based entity, it exists to bring to light certain matters which involve conflicting data. It's premise was based on the ideal that one must deny ignorance.

You are free to believe what you want but when you drop in on a CONSPIRACY TOPIC, post little to nothing of value, it reveals your character, especially when you target someone personally.

So, you revealed yourself, by your actions.

You also claim that there are very knowledgeable people here who disprove most of the conspiracies posted here on ATS. Wow, big claim!

If you don't believe most conspiracies, how would you know? Why would you know?

You seem to place a lot of trust in the information you receive from certain members here, without naming names...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You also claim that there are very knowledgeable people here who disprove most of the conspiracies posted here on ATS. Wow, big claim!

If you don't believe most conspiracies, how would you know? Why would you know?

You seem to place a lot of trust in the information you receive from certain members here, without naming names...

Funny. There must be another 3danimator posts you are reading cuz I never claimed what you said above. Reading comprehension issue?

Also..issues believe the information they provide because it can be backed up and checked by anyone. And since I studied physics and have an interest in it, I don't just have to take their word on it.

Do you understand now?

Feel free to reply but you won't get another from me. I have better things to do with my time and other posts to reply to that are not accusing me of being a shill.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

WTF? You said there are people here on ATS whom you respect, and that those people, for the most part, don't believe in conspiracy theories, correct?

You also stated that these people help you with your understanding of things, because they're so knowledgeable, correct?

Ok, where's the issue here? You studied physics...ok, cool, yet you need these knowledge people to help you understand?

That's what you said. Also, I didn't call you a shill, you tagged yourself mate.

All I said was that you post pro- government like a troll.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: leastofthese

The conspiracy to flat earters is that its flat and not round, and to the round earthers theres no conspiracy.

The shadow on the moon is round, if one uses the math of the curve, one can calculate the circumference...

Shadow also gives depth in 3 Dimensions as light reflects, refracts, and bends around it... if to were flat it would just reflect not show any bending to the shadow seen on the moon when its full on a night light tonight.

While I can say the argument really doesnt matter because it wont effect most peoples lives just give some one something to argue about... the fact is without NASA or anyone else, you can see the fact for oneself if taking the time to observe it not just told one way or the other.

Thats called applied science not repeat like a parrot science.

Heres a pretty cool photo my personal favorite of space of a moon formed from the rings around Saturn...

Flat? Perhaps on one monitor or screen... but notice the shadow, the foreground and back ground... it's 3 dimensions and can be hard to see for many people as I learning in engineering... many have to learn how to see in 3 dimensions and cant visualize it.

If you want to learn or anyone else then heres a tutorial on shading to give the illusion of depth or 3D

www.drawinghowtodraw.com...

Im certinally not trying to mock you in any way, belief is personal and hey embrace whatever opinion makes you happy due to that belief goes on all the time all over the world... so hey if its flat like pizza pie to you cool if you wanna play ball this is it...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

WTF? You said there are people here on ATS whom you respect, and that those people, for the most part, don't believe in conspiracy theories, correct?

You also stated that these people help you with your understanding of things, because they're so knowledgeable, correct?

Ok, where's the issue here? You studied physics...ok, cool, yet you need these knowledge people to help you understand?

That's what you said. Also, I didn't call you a shill, you tagged yourself mate.

All I said was that you post pro- government like a troll.

Your little game is boring mate. Goodbye.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

No. Flat earth believers absolutely deserve mocking. If hey refuse to believe their own eyes, common sense AND countless ground based and easily done experiments to prove the earth is round, then they deserve nothing but ridicule. And they get it.

The earth being round has nothing ti do with personal belief. It's science.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

(post by leastofthese removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: leastofthese

please explain polaris

ETA :

screw it - explain EVERYTHING i address in thread

please note - i never cite NASA in my OP or any of the follow up arguments

go . we shall await your rebuttal ................................ patiently

edit on 20-6-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Ha! Ignorant ape, was wondering when you'd stop buy. Look, I honestly mean no offence to you but I'm not here to explain anything, but the fact that you're asking me that question raises other concerns.

You started a thread sometime back, it was something like, debunking the flat earth step by step, or words to that effect. The thread went nowhere as expected. In fact, it looks like most of your threads contain little to no substance as well. You've posted at least a couple hundred threads now with 90+% receiving less than 10 replies.

Again, no offence, but you post rubbish, absolute diatribe, and have attempted to derail more threads than I care to remember...enough said.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join