It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is dying. Why you should vote for Trump from a guy who hates him.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What I'd like to discuss is a collection of my personal viewpoints on the current state of America.

To quote Will Durant: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within. The essential causes of [redacted]'s decline lay in her people, her morals, her class struggle, her failing trade, her bureaucratic despotism, her stifling taxes, her consuming wars."

This quote is directly about the fall of Rome. But you can easily insert the name "America" and the quote remains just as true. America has slowly but surely been conquered from within. You can blame ISIS, you can blame the "War on Terror", you can blame gays and religious persecution, you can even blame Hostess Snack Cakes for making kids fat. It really doesn't matter, because the end result is the same: America is dying. It is in the beginning stages of its final death throes. And we, the people of the United States - much like grieving family members - are very much in denial about it.

The nation is currently confronted with several key issues with regards to human rights and American ideals which we simply are not mature enough, elegant enough, educated enough, open enough, respectful enough, brave enough, united enough, humble enough to logically approach and reach a rational, fair conclusion about. We simply. Cannot. Do it. These issues have divided us to the point of extreme polarization, and we seem incapable of drawing ourselves back to the center.

So what does this have to do with Donald Trump? First of all, take a deep breath. This isn't the time to start chimping out because someone is about to insult your hero, nor is it the time to have a panic attack because I've mentioned the name of the worst person currently alive. Please, take a moment to explore this logically with me.

If Donald Trump is elected president, there are generally only three logical outcomes (with varying levels of exactness in-between).

Outcome Number 1) Donald Trump actually does everything he says he's going to do. He makes America Great Again. His foreign policy effectively stomps our enemies, strengthens our bonds with our allies, and renews the American Economy. Money is taken out of the American political system, and future elections are free of corruption. We all find a way to unite in our hatred/fear of Muslims/Mexicans and all is well in America.

Outcome Number 2) He's corrupt, lazy, pushes the agendas of the people funding him, and basically just tries to make things better for himself and all of his rich friends. In short, Donald Trump is exactly like every other president we've ever had. And we're really just in the same boat we've been in for decades. We all anxiously await the election of 2020 when we get to vote in the next guy/gal who doesn't care about anyone but him/herself.

Outcome Number 3) Donald Trump is the euthanasia that America has been praying for. He is exactly what we all feared he would be - a hate-mongering bigoted tyrant, driven by his own ego and need for domination. He (metaphorically) detonates a dirty bomb in Washington D.C., deadlocking congress for years to come. Industry halts, poverty skyrockets, and the wars just keep coming... Americas death hastens.

Now, let me tell you why Outcome Number 3 may be the best thing for America. If such an event were to occur, it may finally provide us with that thing we've been desperately seeking since World War 2 ended: A common foe. Perhaps finally, America could unite in its hatred against the one man who steered us in the horridly wrong direction. Maybe it would cause us all to stop and take a look at all the stupid fights we've been having for countless years now and say "Y'know, that was kind of a waste of our time." Maybe it would kick start us in the right direction, because we would finally have a clear outline of just what exactly the WRONG direction is.

So please, vote Trump. No matter how good or bad he is, it's really the best chance we have. (obligatory sigh)

Final Request: Keep the emotionally charged responses to yourself. No one is interested in them. Try to discuss this coldly, logically. As if you were a robot.
edit on 15-6-2016 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

America still has the potential to be great again. Is the Don he best choice? Probably not. Is he the best choice to shake up an entire system? Yea, I think so.

I think US politics have become such a joke that a person like Trump can run and actually make the most sense, even through all of the rhetoric and wordplay.

It's amazing that in my lifetime I've seen politics literally become a game show of who can spend the most and be the most liked person.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Perhaps finally, America could unite in its hatred against the one man who steered us in the horridly wrong direction

From a citizen of the US. Allow me a rephrase of that .
Perhaps finally, America could unite its legal system against the one man who steered us in the horridly wrong direction
Obama (and BTW is still doin the do)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Compared to the last 2 presidents he's a saint. The last 2 signed up for NAFTA and the PATRIOT act. Oh and the repeal of glass-steagall.

Obama only implemented the TPP...oh wait damn, ok you win.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Now, let me tell you why Outcome Number 3 may be the best thing for America.

Ever wondered if the border wall that he wants to build; is actually a prison wall to transform the free America of today, into the "Hunger Games" of tomorrow ?

Who said that the wall is to keep foreigners out, when it can also be utilized to keep American prisoners locked up ?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

Now, let me tell you why Outcome Number 3 may be the best thing for America.

Ever wondered if the border wall that he wants to build; is actually a prison wall to transform the free America of today, into the "Hunger Games" of tomorrow ?

Who said that the wall is to keep foreigners out, when it can also be utilized to keep American prisoners locked up ?

No, the US is not building walls to keep people in. 2/3 of USA border is actually water.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Yeah , among other things. I omitted Bush , I had already commented on him in another post . But Bill , I will defend on NAFTA.It was not so bad as it was layed out , but Congress got a hold to it.
But you were closer than I was to winning
Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Now that would be some serious irony for the people who want the wall....

I bet Trump is a fairly good poker player ....

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Great OP. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to watch it burn.

I just look at all of the problems we have.. First world problems.

I imagine a time after the sh!t hit the fan, where people are actually working together to rebuild, learning to garden, doing real things with their hands and minds that make a real difference. Where nobody has time for the insane indoctrination of mass media and a morally bankrupt society.

Where we learn to care again.

For years, all the world has really needed is a super villain.

It's like a bunch of wannabe heroes have been running around battling each other to see who can do the most good, but only leaving a path of destruction. All of their energies consumed by trying to discredit the other heroes and their causes.

All the while losing sight of the real prize.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

NAFTA was the groundwork for future bills like the TPP. Glass Steagall repeal was a bad thing Slick Willy did too btw.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

The first question is, how could you turn it around instead of just waiting for it to burn?
Maybe it could be fixed, if we the souvereign would step up?
Maybe politicians act as if they were entirely blind to Every Joes needs and fears, because they are?
Change that, write emails letters what have you, "I would maybe vote for you, but the following issue bothers me..."
Make yourself heard.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Or, and stay with me on this one, or we vote for one of the other DOZEN candidates that aren't part of the two face-one party system.

Since "seeing what happens" is what your argument hinges on anyway

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

deadlocking congress for years to come. Industry halts, poverty skyrockets, and the wars just keep coming... Americas death hastens.

You mean just like the last 8 years?
Or the next 4 if Clinton gets in? She is just a continuation of Obama's policies if she wins, but you can rest assured, she will double down on gun control and all the PC bullsh**.

As far as I can see, we're pretty much screwed no matter which way it goes.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
outcome #reality:
he does exactly what the people who are actually calling the shots tells him to do- exactly the same things the other option would do- the only difference is the puppet wears a mop on its head instead of a pantsuit.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The very fact that so many people are wetting themselves over Donald Trump (and not in the same way they were wetting themselves over Obama) seems to indicate he is not "business as usual". So I say, take a chance and vote for him and lets see what he can do. I am against building a wall-I think that is utterly useless. Seriously- how hard is it to climb over a wall or tunnel under it? What we need is an enormous squadron of high-tech drones letting border patrol know where illegals are crossing so illegal crossers can be quickly apprehended and taken back across the border.

Sal

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm 50 years old.

I have been hearing that America would fall since I was 10.

I'm sure it's been being said for even longer than that.

First point countered.

Mr. Trump is no different than any candidate for the Presidency. He has been given a bit more lee-way to portray his current "cartoon character" than many previous candidates, but, be assured, when the true powers say "jump" Donald J. Trump asks "how high?" just like every other political toady.

Second, third and well, all points countered.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You're 50- so you were born in the 60's. Your lifespan accounts for roughly 1/5 of US history, but nearly half of federal reserve rule.
My conclusion is that you may have been hearing it since you were ten, but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen- their game is just longer than your lifespan. As a citizen, your life is insignificant in both length and meaning to their master plan.

You'd be daft to argue that things have not gotten considerably worse (world wide) in the last century since fed rule has taken over every major country.

We will all lay down together as one, and submit to our masters.
What a sad sack of redundant protoplasm we've all become.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The situation in the US is really pretty simple.
You're wrong about the US however..........the US as a culture isn't dying, its dead, done in by open borders and refugee resettlement, among other things.

The US as a "Government of a Nation" is a helicopter operation, operating as a Corporation hovering over us at 30,000 feet and working for the intersts of the Corporations and the 1%.

The election is a joke and matters little except as to Supreme Court nominations.
What does matter is survival and in order to ensure survival as individualls, we need to fight to de-fang the Federal Government such that the states have greater control of their own affairs. The cultural differences between the states are so great that this "one size fits all" solution is doomed to fail.

If the US can't be de-federalized, it needs to be broken up because its really culturally irrelevant.
edit on 15-6-2016 by TonyS because: spellnitg

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Separatism is a valid idea, was my first impulses also, shields up.
But it's like a snail invading your garden, one frontline won't be enough once they are inside.
That's to what it has come, the enemy is on the inside.
This means you need more, something to attract them into a cage.
The next available almost human solution, simply because the alternative would be, kill them, poison them, cut them in pieces, you need to contain them.
Rabid dogs, they carry an ideological virus. Those are metaphors of god, for
They replaced thinking with believing.

There are just two possibilities, let them roam free and accept they destroy everything you planted,
Or protect your garden and take care of the parasite.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Great analogy, but the truth is the enemy within the gates is metastasizing and will continue to be allowed to because they're sponsored by the very Federal government that claims to be trying to protect Americans. Put another way, we've been sold out..........long ago actually.

I posit that they can be "managed" at the State and Local level, but only if the Federale's authority is severely reigned in. Unfortunately the Feds have again roped in the States with money the States aren't smart enough to refuse. So for example, Texas wanted to say "no more" to the Syrian refugees only to find they can't opt out without losing billions in federal aide for similar refugees relocated to Texas in the past. So, having signed on to the program in return for the reward of Fed money, Texas is now entirely screwed.

As long as the Feds continue to be able to exercize this kind of authority, the whole country is a lost cause.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join