It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if evolution and creationism were both true?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Could there be an intelligent form of life that had evolved to be able to create new variants of life,

or is that what we are going to become like with genetic engineering and DNA manipulation?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yes.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
... be patient ..

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
Could there be an intelligent form of life that had evolved to be able to create new variants of life,

or is that what we are going to become like with genetic engineering and DNA manipulation?

Very possible.

But I think God is atemporal. The Bible says that God is the same "yesterday, today and forever". Everything else changes ove time.

edit on 14/6/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I believe "god of the gaps" is an appropriate term here.

In the beginning, we knew nothing. God did it.

Then we started learning how things worked- and whatever we couldn't explain was left to god.

Science can explain quite a bit now- and our ancestry is easily traced back a long ways via evolution... but there are still gaps.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Maybe, but the evidence available doesn't show that.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I believe there is a 'God' or Prime Mover that uses evolution and other natural processes of intelligent design to create life. So, I believe they are both true.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Native Americans refer to the great mystery that is the beginning and ending of all things related.. They call it that because behind every answer are twenty new questions..

Science and religion are both quests to understand and define the great mystery.. I guess it will be an eternal quest on both sides...

Evolution is sciences way of calling it, creation the religious.. But they are both correct, and both very similar definitions. There are many corners within the scientific realm that hint at intelligent design.. A good many scientists are religious and see no conflict..

It's mostly religions that tend to hold the nasty habit of condemnation and rebuke for those with conflicting beliefs..

I'd say yes, they are absolutely the same..

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Absolutely!!! But that's not creationism, that's just evolution.

The only way you could mix creationism with the things we know to be true...

If you had the "ant farm" God, who started the whole ball rolling, but was pretty much hands off since...

Then he either started life and slowly crafted us over millions of years of evolution, Before giving us intelligence.

Creationism is specifically "the world was created in 7000 years and man was created fully formed"...plus a bunch of other nonsense.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Are you sure?

Because I thought other coultures/religions also believe in creation but don't have any certain number of years included in their beliefs..

Although I've always thought maybe some old civilisation may have figured out that if you count for the speeding up of the expansion of the universe, that maybe around 7,000 of the years we are currently experiencing counted as units would take you back to the beginning... Just one of my fancy ideas, but who knows..

The way I see it is that the universe as a whole has to have some sort of consciousness, and all life is in a way "created in his image."

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

If you had the "ant farm" God, who started the whole ball rolling, but was pretty much hands off since...

Then he either started life and slowly crafted us over millions of years of evolution, Before giving us intelligence.

Creationism is specifically "the world was created in 7000 years and man was created fully formed"...plus a bunch of other nonsense.

with the technology of the future who knows whats possible. for all i know mankind was genetically engineered to be the way it is,

and i agree with above poster who said all of life was created in his image and thats what the golden ratio in everything is all about. but thats just one way to look at it.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
One of Gods largest tools would be evolution and one day creationism.

He would make our life evolve to the point that we then make people in our image..

One day ether with natural evolution or created life from we could join him and be a God with power's in our own right...He wouldn't stop us, he'd watch us evolve with technology and make our own beings one day.

That's my view,,why stop a being you made intelligent from evolving further towards its own level.
edit on 15-6-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

what if evolution and creationism were both true?

What if I were Einstein?
I'm not!
'Creation/causality' is physically, scientifically, philosophically impossible.
Such 'what if's need to happen in the imaginations of the belief-addled.
Bye the bye, evolution, ultimately, fails for the exact same reason that 'creation' fails!
'What ifs' is always trumped by 'what is'!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

with the technology of the future who knows whats possible. for all i know mankind was genetically engineered to be the way it is,

and i agree with above poster who said all of life was created in his image and thats what the golden ratio in everything is all about. but thats just one way to look at it.

The golden ratio doesn't apply to all life and isn't nearly as exact as creationists would have you believe.

So viruses are in gods image AND bears?!?! Lol

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The only way "in gods image" makes sense is if it is ONLY talking about intelligence.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is precisely why I don't understand why creationists are so adamant in saying evolution is false. They have more faith in ancient myths than they do in god himself... and that's just sad. It could be both, evolution could be a tool of god, but creationists choose to blindly deny the science and fight it tooth and nail instead of rectifying their god to agree with science, like rational folks do.
edit on 6 16 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
This is precisely why I don't understand why creationists are so adamant in saying evolution is false. They have more faith in ancient myths than they do in god himself... and that's just sad. It could be both, evolution could be a tool of god, but creationists choose to blindly deny the science and fight it tooth and nail instead of rectifying their god to agree with science, like rational folks do.

Because if the bible has ANYTHING wrong, it means it prob has EVERYTHING wrong....

Because once you take out the divine word of God part, then how could you ever KNOW what was original and what was added?

You can't...

No one would ever know if Jesus or Leviticus were gods chosen son. Hell, you wouldn't even know if either character actually existed...

So they hang on for dear life to the bibles MOST insane claims, afraid to lose it all.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i always thought that it possible.

think about it, mind you i'm just paragraphing here on both views.
the bible says that God created man from the dust of the earth, and science tells that Abiogenesis is where life started from simple organic compounds.

what is the dust of the earth if not simple organic compounds, and who is to say that a Supreme Being wasn't a scientist and conducted a experiment and let it run.

another thing that i don't understand is why scientists want to keep Abiogenesis and Evolution separated. think about that. did not the first living orgasms not mutate and the strongest survive to form another mutation and so on?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
i always thought that it possible.

think about it, mind you i'm just paragraphing here on both views.
the bible says that God created man from the dust of the earth, and science tells that Abiogenesis is where life started from simple organic compounds.

what is the dust of the earth if not simple organic compounds, and who is to say that a Supreme Being wasn't a scientist and conducted a experiment and let it run.

another thing that i don't understand is why scientists want to keep Abiogenesis and Evolution separated. think about that. did not the first living orgasms not mutate and the strongest survive to form another mutation and so on?

Yea but then look at the order of the creation myth and time scale...

For every thing that kinda lines up when you squint really hard, there are dozens of things that absolutely DO NOT.

And once you start debunking the testable mystical claims, then why believe in the other over the top claims..

Because evolution is a known and recognized fact, Abiogenesis is not. It's just a random guess without the data to know, know. So it would be dishonest fore them to combine the 2...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This I believe. In the beginning there was a creator. Why, when, how? We do not know. I do believe that science shows us how this creator creates...through scientifically verifiable natural processes, like evolution.

My God is not a biblical/religious God though, she does not judge or cause good or bad things to happen, she does not get angry or vengeful or petty like the Gods of Abraham and the false prophet Mohammed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join