It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama responds to Trump, calls for assault weapon ban and more.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I didn't think there was any possible way Trump was going to win in November.

But if the LEFT is actually stupid enough to make gun control central to their platform.

The LEFT just LOST 2016.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

How do you suppose the Government will get a hold of the 5 million ARs that are legally owned in this country? Realize here that in 2014 for example, 99.995% of those weapons (248 rifles used in homicides that year) were not used to kill someone. Do we make the law abiding citizens criminals overnight? Some people buy firearms as an investment - do we steal their wealth overnight?

Who would you send in to get these firearms?

If the dems push an assault weapons ban as part of their platform they are done this election.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

It is actually against the law to create a law that makes innocent civilians criminals simply be enacting the law.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Who would you send in to get these firearms?

Practically anyone.

It's by no coincidence the same people that want guns banned are the same people that want drugs legalized.

Get the people stoned enough with 'Soma'.

Not much of a hassle.

All by design.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Obama sounded 'defensive' to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

So, to sum it up, he doesn't use a phrase because he's afraid that it will hurt some people's feelings?

That about sums up his presidency.

I could say more to elaborate and not make this seem like a hit-and-run against Obama, but there's really no point in elaborating on the summation of the point.

I agree with some of what he said in this speech, but disagree with his tactics as a whole, and certainly don't agree with his view on guns being the foundation of the problem of mass shootings--he's discussing the right problem, but wanting to chop at a small branch (that negatively affects many who have never broken a law with firearms) instead of attacking the root (which I know will never end the problem, but is at least an appropriate course of action).

edit on 14-6-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

He "assaulted" me by being an idiot.

Can we ban him?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Any tool that uses gunpowder to propel a lead slug through a tube can and will be considered "an assault weapon".

So when he is calling for "assault weapon" bans, then he effectively wants to ban anything that could be used to assault another person.

So Obama, really. . . . wants to ban large sticks.

I'm 100% against gun control.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Obama passionately and angrily reacts to the "Trump rhetoric,"

By using Trump 'rhetoric' !!!

Trump 'wants to ban muslims'. The crowd goes 'Racist'!

Obama 'wants to ban gun owners'. The crowd goes wild, saying 'Yes We Can'.

What's the difference ?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Powerful as he can get. Being an irrelevant "lame duck" still stuck in the past . Even the far left is beginning to desert him. He is a one-trick pony. Preaching absolute control over the people . He needs to go and slither back under the rock he originally issued forth from.

Yeah he is pissed . At what he considers the nasty US citizens and their Constitution

I don't doubt any of that...

I'm not saying "powerful" in a positive light...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You guys hash it out

I just wanted to create a platform to discuss what he said because it seems like things are ramping up.

My post history shows I don't care much for Obama or the left .

I guess I was a little too neutral........

ETA: Sorry! More thought out responses when I have time....
edit on 14-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
ban assault rifles and they will use more devastating backpack bombs and shoulder-fired missiles.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When the terrorist stop using Islam as an excuse to murder people, then I will stop blaming the "Religion of Peace" that is promoting all these Jihadist. Until then , they are being warped and conditioned by the religious tenants of Islam and the evil Hadith teachings of murder, rape and destruction. We all saw the video of the imam saying it was compassionate to kill the homosexuals. HELLO! THAT IMAM IS AN ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS LEADER, and gives validation to these people. In our own country they are promoting murder of our citizens. And we want to argue if it was religiously motivated???????

We did not make up the label for these terrorists. They claim they are doing it for religious reasons. We arent accusing them they are accusing themselves.

Stop peeing on us and telling us its raining.
edit on 14-6-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
He was a retard and stumbled throughout this, but will say this, impassioned speaker on defending Islam, really vested interest and suddenly more sincere than ever before.

TREASON! He needs to be court martialed!

The rest, no one listens to. its like Mmmmm....ok there obama, really? What an ass you are!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Read a little more on "Assault Weapons" a single type of Semi-Automatic Rifle...

en.wikipedia.org...

fixed

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

really vested interest and suddenly more sincere than ever before.
a reply to: Unity_99

Yeah it seemed like he finally told us how he really feels.

I've figured he is a radical Muslim infiltrator since before I even knew about conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

If I did not explain it clearly, well... PM-`ing me will do no good...I'm fresh out of breaking it down sentences

No that was really good.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Yep.

He needs to do more reality TV appearances. I love how the Dems are stupid enough to make gun control an issue before the election.

1,000,000 more votes for Trump!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
So let see, we should not blame the Muslim community as a whole for the action of one man ... okay fine I can agree with that. But yet punish the whole gun owner community by banning the mythical "Assault Rifles" for the actions of a few? WTF?

Good point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join