It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama responds to Trump, calls for assault weapon ban and more.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

www.c-span.org...

Also,

Obama explains why he doesn’t use ‘radical Islam’

This latest statement seems like a pretty big deal.

Obama passionately and angrily reacts to the "Trump rhetoric,"

Defends Islam and calls to reinstate the Assault weapons ban.

I've never seen a speech quite like this, or the past few from the candidates....political madness indeed.

www.pbs.org...

wqad.com...

From the PBS link:

WASHINGTON —

President Barack Obama met with his National Security Council for an update on the U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State group Monday and then updated the nation in a televised address.

Obama explained why he doesn’t use the term “radical Islam” when describing the counter-terrorism fight. Using the term is political and would not make a difference in U.S. counter-terrorism operations, he said.

He also criticized the plan put forth by Republican presumptive presidential nominee Donald Trump to temporarily block all Muslims from entering the U.S. Obama said the U.S. was founded on freedom of religion and that there are no religious tests in America. Such talk makes Muslim-Americans feel like their government is betraying them, he said.

said the lengthy fight against the Islamic State group has made progress, including reducing their financial resources and causing them to resort to stealing. “These aren’t religious warriors. They are thugs and thieves.”.........

edit on 14-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I thought it was a good speech, all things considered.
Usually, when something like this happens, his speeches have a tendency to make me a little angry, but this time, aside from an all out assault weapon ban, I found it hard to disagree with most of what he said.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Honestly I kind of felt the same way.

I normally just ignore, but this statement had me hooked.

Not sure how I feel about the whole thing but I respect the presentation.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It was pretty powerful and a total rebuttal of Trump and all of his ramblings the last few days. I'm still not voting for Hillary (or Trump), but it was a good speech.

And yeah, we should ban assault weapons. Not at all sure how that will play out or if it's even feasible at this point but trying is a damn sight better than a moment of silence or candle-light vigil.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

well considerin a AR-15 isnt a assault rifle.. And legally the supreme court could strike it down as well since according to definition its not one i say go ahead and pass a EO and see how fast it gets nulled by the court.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

It was powerful.......

That's about all I can say though.

He seemed pretty Pi$$ed off for sure.
edit on 14-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

pretty lame actually. false outrage and acting. hes been taking lessons i see. Its a act for the dems to shore up their voters more.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Read a little more on "Assault Weapons"...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Any tool that uses gunpowder to propel a lead slug through a tube can and will be considered "an assault weapon".

So when he is calling for "assault weapon" bans, then he effectively wants to ban anything that could be used to assault another person.

So Obama, really. . . . wants to ban large sticks.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Read a little more on "Assault Weapons"...

en.wikipedia.org...

If its NOT A ONE TRIGGER PULL ONE ROUND RIFLE THEN ITS A ASSAULT RIFLE. the M-14 was MILITARY ISSUE not CIVIE.

the CIVIE VERSIONS ARE ONE ROUND ONE TRIGGER PULL.

As such its NOT A ASSAULT RIFLE.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Powerful as he can get. Being an irrelevant "lame duck" still stuck in the past . Even the far left is beginning to desert him. He is a one-trick pony. Preaching absolute control over the people . He needs to go and slither back under the rock he originally issued forth from.

Yeah he is pissed . At what he considers the nasty US citizens and their Constitution

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Defends Islam and calls to reinstate the Assault weapons ban

Another case of Obama talking out of his snip.

Yes people DON'T judge all muslims by the actions of a few.

But by the will of ALLAH judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few.

We're ALL mass murders so IGNORE gun owners civil liberties,

And BAN something that wasn't even created when RADICAL ISLAM was in full swing.

They were using swords then.

EPIC FAIL de furher Obama.

edit on 14-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Democrats having big trouble explaining away the current events.

Obama talks, Hillary not talking yet today.

Nothing original from Obama as usual.

Just reactive and defensive jibberish.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

the 'Trump Rhetoric' has in it the Reason for the FBI completely stopping their investigation of the Orlando Shooter...
the Administration wants guns/rifles/ assault items in the hands of Muslims who will naturally turn to Aggressive-Radical Jihad as a stage of their personal development as a Muslim that Obeys Sharia Law over any other Civil Law made by man...

the POTUS decree that the term Islamic Radical Terrorist is completely Verbotten by this WH & Regime... was the main factor in the FBI not being able to put Omar-the-Shooter on the Gun-Sale-Ban-List....
if the FBI leadership pursued a declaration the Orlando-Murderer was a future threat... They would have all been fired

Obama is conducting a covert/hidden-in-plain-sight policy to arm all future and present Jihadists with the weapons needed, in this present time it is guns/rifles... in the future it may be chemical weapons to create high explosives, etc.

the
Obama-Clinton Rhetoric, about labeling the whole religion of Islam as a Terror based Ideology is the real cover-up and snow-job... the 'progressives' of the NWO,
are doing a covert 'Fast & Furious'...www.cnn.com...
to actually conceal & protect and then Arm radical Islam followers...by BS'ing the public that there are NO Radical Islamic Terrorists anywhere in the world let alone in the USA and persecuting Muslims is not going to happen during the present Administration...

the FBI even the few good men & women in the DHS are giving all Muslims a 'pass GO collect $200' card on a daily basis as a hard fact in this Administrations' Policy of No Muslim Radicals or Terrorists

If I did not explain it clearly, well... PM-`ing me will do no good...I'm fresh out of breaking it down sentences

this article needs to be read...it captures my dismal attempt...townhall.com...

edit on th30146592706814572016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I liked how he confronted the whole "He won't say Islamic Terrorism!" thing head on.
The way he responded to it, is kinda the way I have thought about the issue myself.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Time will tell, I guess.
Assault rifle or not, an AR is a badass piece of equipment. Super cool gun. I want one.
Maybe one day I will fork over the cash to get one, provided they are still on the market when I decide to.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Using the term is political and would not make a difference in U.S. counter-terrorism operations, he said.

And 'mass shooting,gun violence,assault weapon' isn't ?

For crying out loud.

Like a dog with a bone.

'

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
The post was intended to edumakate people that think the AR-15 is an Assault Weapon, the Link goes to the Mini-14, a rifle in the same class.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So let see, we should not blame the Muslim community as a whole for the action of one man ... okay fine I can agree with that. But yet punish the whole gun owner community by banning the mythical "Assault Rifles" for the actions of a few? WTF?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
We should ban "assault words".

Those are words that hurt the feelings of more than one person per one utterance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join