It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - Needs moderation - no support

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Many other conspiracy forums are a joke because of what the community believes and falls for. Hoax after hoax accepted as true.

ATS does a great job of cleaning out the garbage.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Debunkology

Many other conspiracy forums are a joke because of what the community believes and falls for. Hoax after hoax accepted as true.

ATS does a great job of cleaning out the garbage.

I agree.

But that doesn't mean skeptics should pounce on a thread straight away. After-all, if these people are so wrong then surely giving them enough rope to hang themselves with by letting the thread get at least to the second page before piping in, will make it even better for the skeptics to shoot down anything they disagree with.

There is a difference between letting a thread develop and not allowing anyone to disagree altogether. Otherwise like you say this forum will turn into a joke like the others ones.

But like I say already, the mods do a good job.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I wish i could give you ten stars..

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yep, everyone has the right to disagree, even early in a thread. You don't like what someone says, skip on down.

Or become really disagreeable yourself, lol.

How to change a thread direction, "Hey, I don't like what you're saying." Instead of focusing on content, you just added to the disagreeableness. Now others got to come in, and the thread gets derailed.

Thats when the mods sigh and then have to respond. All because somebody responded to a troll remark in the first place.

Jeez, let it go.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Good on you its all a matter of balance unfortunately nowadays people cant seem to take any kind of criticism without seeing it as a personal attack.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
My first thread posted on this site is a testament to this fact. I presented a video I took showing a chemtrail diectly next to a contrail. One vanishes as soon as it passed over, the other hung in the air for over 3 hours. You could see the proof right before your eyes. Though members like network dude and tsurfer2000h completely stonewalled all opposing views not in favour of "nothing to see here folks". Though it doesn't deter me in the least, I was shocked by how little support there is. Those who haven't the capacity for conflict simply remain silent.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

I believe you have a point with your message. It's not lost on me.

But if you see something you "wish a moderator" would take care of, use the Alert button. Once you do that, write a short note about why you feel that post needs moderation. I promise you it will be looked at and given it's proper attention. You have to do your part as well.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
The vast majority of debunking I see on this website is mostly polite and intelligent.

And an awful lot of stuff gets posted that is just wacky out-there fiction.

I can imagine to somebody who believes, it certainly must seem like their theory is getting scat upon, but honestly I think it's just... inevitable when somebody has to say to somebody else sorry old chap, but your theory here is based on completely made-up evidence.

Is the nature of the beast I think, no?

Yup so overly attached to whatever... someone becomes subject to whatever that is and any provacator can make them dance knowing someone is attached to it. Its the root cause of propanda emotional attachments to concepts not reality just a window or fragment of experience...

Take it as truth and it becomes fishing... a jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other end.

Staying objective to all phenomina seeing the value of all the life itself beyond all that woo as well human beings that live love and try for better beyond those chosen bonds or attachments is what empathy is all about... in a love you but not in love with you as the trope goes or basically ive my own life and Ill be damned if Ill let anyone else live it but me... though company is awesome party is over when I say it is... and that also deals with thoughts a public place where all kinds of clouds pass through and we like picking fruit go this one and that one and opps guess im being attached to qualities and properties and not just picking fruit im pick attributes according to my personal taste before Ive even digested it as a whole.

So yeah, nature of the beast... so why stress and worry over it when it is what it is until that picking becomes a different kind of picking.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: reldra

An attack? Did you or did you not create a thread to insult right wingers? Put your purse down why don't you. Us mean ol "right-wingers" won't stop exercising our first amendment rights because you want us to.

When? You accuse me of 'just' having done so. You also say you are convinced I am part of the group that is 'all one person'. 'Put my purse down'? You are part of the problem described by the OP.

I think he means horrible, mean and rude posts like this:

originally posted by: Triton1128
a reply to: Harte

So you're telling me. A civilization that had no written language, and had not discovered the wheel yet. Was able to hewn stone out of quarrys from over 60 miles away to an altitude of 12,000 ft. Then somehow had the mathematical knowledge to create stonework that today trumps some of our best Stonemasons even with the use of diamond tools and lasers.

Not to mention HOW they moved 100 ton blocks. OR what tools they used to create the masterful work that we find.

originally posted by: Harte
Yes.

originally posted by: Triton1128You explain to me how they created the above with chicken bones and stone hammers and Ill retract my opinions.

originally posted by: HarteIt's been explained, and you can keep your opinion for as long as you want - even in the face of evidence to the contrary. Odd that you ignore centuries of metallurgy and go for the chicken bone.

There's plenty of information on your questions right here at ATS, though I realize the search function here leaves a lot to be desired.

You know, incredulity carries no weight when making an argument.

Harte

Harte
edit on 6/12/2016 by Harte because: clarity

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
That's the motto of ATS. It works both ways.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I think you missed this.. Posted by me, page 2.

I'm not even here because of an issue with me. I've learned over the years how to avoid those situations all together, but I've seen more and more new members being harassed which is something I cannot control. Nor is it something I want to come here to witness.

My rant is the result of how I see others being treated on a daily basis. How new members are welcomed. How ideas are no longer accepted because of what we assume has been proven in the past. My downfall, I'm too empathetic. I can only imagine the frustration that some must feel and I'm tired of sitting back being silent.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Pretty scathing if you take it personally just like taking topics personal and defending them leads to all kinds of butthurt why butthurt? Cause of opinions and the assholes they come from. Not defending Harte just clarifying, if he denys hes an asshole and doesnt display it ten that would be just as ignorant if I said I dont full moon myself... if theres a crack in it your too close to the 98.6ish degree gas that helps global warming from time to time.

Honestly not nice things but they cant hurt unless you agree with them on some subconscious level or doubt the topic itself... so why be dishartening? Have some to what the lad is teaching you... which means disconnect from the topic, observe the topic observe the reactions to the topic... because any attachment that makes you dance means youve likely reached or made leaps to get there.

Only in such a manner can real study into phenomina can take place... otherwise its conjecture not truth its ignorance not fact. Thats sort of thing is not what ATS is all about in my experience of it yet there are loads and I do mean loads of it but quite a few gems in the dirt bucket but that means sifting through it with diligence... some people ave done that made their mark and get tired and want to see equals doing that, it gets boring eating tripe day in and day out... so you show people your ass and pass them by like wind because thats all that up top seems to make when not seeking truth but presenting belief as truth.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Not worth it. The issue is more visible then ever.

All but one were wisecracks, as you know well, having only recently realized that I have a sense of humor.
The one outrider - the "throw up" one, was a play on the movie "Office Space" and was in response to this:

originally posted by: fotsyfots
" conferences and conventions of the poor, unfortunate (and blithering) idiots that are willing to pay to hear him, Klaus Dona, Hancock and others discuss their utterly unsupported ideas in a safe, fact-free space. "

Harte

Dude, as everytime your elitist type poo-pooing of other "theories" makes me throw up in my throat a little .Do you record yourself orally ridiculing another member of the planet, to play back on loop,getting off on the sound of your own voice ? Perhaps it's just me & cursed in my unfortunate, blithering idiot state but I must state you do realize that (a) you weren't physically there at any of the seemingly hundreds of " events" that anyone else dares to theorize about by virtue of also not being there physically seems to bunch your panties and (b) due to the fact of (a) sorry champ but that makes you both in the category of - guy who wasn't there but this is how his interpretation &/or investigation work has him seeing it. I mean really, why not scan the boards a few times each day & at that days conclusion create threads in the venting forum & go hard listing the stupidness of others not sharing your minds take of things ? You 'd be Noel knowitall, unchallenged then !! Yippee !!
There, had to be said but If you are to ridicule me for this, hurry up as I dead set am probably going to unsubscribe due solely to coming here looking for interesting new topics to ponder & **splat** I
lose any childlike fascination & enthusiasm for whatever latest reminder of histories mysteries I happen to be eagerly taking in like an information sponge.
Sorry to all others reading this off topic addition.

You'll note that I included the post I was responding to when I supplied my quote.
What agenda are you pushing that you couldn't bring yourself to do this simple thing when quoting me?

Harte

edit on 6/12/2016 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Not worth it. The issue is more visible then ever.

New guy comes on, asserting that the Great Pyramid is at least 10,000 years old.
New guy is given all the evidence we have indicating otherwise, then asked why he believes the way he does.
New guy responds with the assertion that the Great Pyramid is at least 10,000 years old, never having looked at anything anyone wrote in response.
New guy is once again given all the evidence we have indicating otherwise, then asked why he believes the way he does.
New guy gives us a link to S8int.com. and says that the GP predates the great flood because of ancient flotsam found around it's base when it was excavated.
New guy is asked for evidence of this stuff found around the base.
New guy responds with the assertion that the GP is at least 10,000 years old, assuring us all that he knows far more than we about the matter because - Graham Hancock.

This, of course, is a simplified version, but it is certainly what happens on a daily basis in the Ancient Civs section.

The motto of the site is "Deny Ignorance." It is not "Put Up With Ignorance." It is not "Never Point Out Ignorance When You See It."

After a few fairly cordial responses, it is almost always the fringe "expert" that begins taking the low road here.
People are human - they're not gonna sit here and take crap from someone that doesn't have a clue concerning the topic on which they are making assertions.
Even if you simply don't respond, you're leaving ignorance hanging there in the breeze, waiting for some other unknowing soul to come along and harvest it for their own mindset.

Harte

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You're So right , ATS is not really a place for CT's no more ... thinking outside the box means being trashed there... React to that and the response is like 'stay tough you fragile flower'.
Because ATS posting became a kind of fight with TRolls and whatever my posting days are over.

My conclusion ATS is nowadays more an entertainment site for (young?) individuals that want to insult people that think outside the box.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I followed this thread without comment until now.

You said: "I've learned over the years how to avoid those situations all together". Ok...so then why is this bothering you? Youv'e made the effort to state this once...and repeat it above...yet that specifically is what's bothering you?

I can only give you these points:

1. Read past those that bother you.
2. Go to another website
3. Deny Ignorance
4. Admit Intelligence.

You are a guest here, like us all. We learn, we discuss, we argue, we rant on point...and pointlessly. It depends. But the very things that may drive some away...also drive people here.

Of all the sites in the world, this one is up in the very best of them. Mods care. S.O. cares..and it's his site...to lend to us to vent, educate, formulate and reinvent the thought processes.

If this bothers you that much...that we are worldwide, diverse in opinions and topics...then friend... no one is forcing you to stay here.

Yet, since youve been here since 2007-ish, yet posted only a handful of times....I politely request you post more. You have a voice equal to all here.

I truly think overall...your rant is meaningless...because its only you who keeps you here. And yet? You are.

Best, MS

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I edited and removed my comment for a reason. I realized it was not the point I was trying to make. There was no hidden motive, in fact when I saw how it could be interpreted.. I removed it.

Back when I first joined. Any topic was accepted. The worst a new member would get was " learn to use the search button " but no one was personally attacked because of how they felt, or an idea they had.

The site has evolved and unfortunately, it seems that some elders of the site, now have an elitist view. Someone may have just read about Oak Island, or viewed images of Puma Punku. They might be excited to come here and share ideas. You can't possibly expect every new member to read through thousands of pages of discussion prior to making a post, or reply. I just wish there were more tolerance. We should we welcoming new idea's. Not snarling at them and discrediting someone for thinking differently. That's all this post is about. A reminder that we all were in their shoes at some point.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: imod02

There are several people, some very vile sjw types that all type and think the same way, I'm convinced they are all the same person, or know eachother in real life. There are also a few heavily biased moderators that will ban you if you argue against them. This site stopped being about conspiracies and more about sjw topics.

I don't agree at all. People who share the same beliefs/politics are going to say similar/the same things. I could just as easily claim that there is some vile conservative types that all type the same and think the same way.

"This site stopped being about conspiracies and more about sjw topics"

Who are the people that are posting about what you call "sjw topics" the most? O, that is right it is usually conservatives posting and complaining about gays/trans/welfare etc. As for this site not being about conspiracies anymore, conspiracies are far and few in between so naturally people will start talking about other thing until the next big thing comes along. Also I have never seen any conspiracy website that only talked about conspiracies. People seem incapable of not expressing their politics/ attacking the other side or not expressing their religious views/ attacking others with different believes, everywhere online. Anyways it is a an election year things of this nature will die down a bit in time.

You are correct. I don't think there are mods who are banning people for disagreeing with 'sjw ideas'.

I do also see the pattern-- I am not making 'SJW' threads' as Nyiah pointed out, I am responding in threads created by Conservatives about 'SJW' topics.

No conspiracy forum is only about conspiracies, that it is also true.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
My first thread posted on this site is a testament to this fact. I presented a video I took showing a chemtrail diectly next to a contrail. One vanishes as soon as it passed over, the other hung in the air for over 3 hours. You could see the proof right before your eyes. Though members like network dude and tsurfer2000h completely stonewalled all opposing views not in favour of "nothing to see here folks". Though it doesn't deter me in the least, I was shocked by how little support there is. Those who haven't the capacity for conflict simply remain silent.

That does happen in chemtrail threads. It happened yesterday for the 500th time. I was excited to see a post on that forum. GOD could appear and state 'there is something to chemtrails' and the same people would show up and say 'no'.

I thought about this when I was offline last night. When they show up to the chemtrail thread, just pretend they did not post. Skip around it and speak to the material presented.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
Since when does a conspiracy topic website/forum ever take the word of Freemasons when they should not be trusted, at all?

You are a really, really nice person and the sky is blue.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join