It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN:Romney might vote for Gary Johnson.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: atomish

There really isn't a good option.

We have a known commodity who is known to be awful.

We have an unknown commodity who isn't exactly inspiring a ton of confidence.

And we have Gary Johnson whom I have never liked and who really doesn't scream "libertarian" to me. Rand and Ron Paul are far more libertarian than he is.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I value his opinion as much as I do Kim Kardashian's. He had his shot and blew it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The Mormons do not like Trump at all. Utah a solid red state is likely to end up blue this election. They see Trumps lack of support for religious rights and treatment of illegals to be in direct contrition to their beliefs. This is just one Red state Trump is likely to lose and he can afford to lose none of them. Romney seems to be enjoying watching Trump flounder and is just rubbing it in.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
These washed up losers are desperate to stay in the lime light like they're some sort of political sage when in fact, they're simply dis-honest and bottom of the barrel scum riding on their wealth as character substance.

With words like those to print, you'll never be offered a position in MSM. -grin

You make me proud to be a member of ATS.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: ketsuko

Gary E. Johnson
Estimated net worth: $3 million – $10.5 million
Major accomplishments: Governor of New Mexico

Born in North Dakota, Gary Johnson founded Big J construction company, which grew to become one of the largest in the state. He became Governor of New Mexico in 1995 and sold the business for a substantial profit in 1999. According to Johnson’s public financial statement, his net worth ranges between $3.5 million and $10.5 million. Johnson’s biggest asset is his home in Taos, N.M., estimated as being worth between $1 million and $5 million.

Don't know about being a plant, but he is wealthy? Maybe wealthy, maybe asset rich and money poor? Check out his interview with Joe Rogan on you tube, he seems (seems) like a pretty logical guy.

I'd say growing a company from scratch to one of the largest in any state is a much bigger accomplishment than governing. He's a decent guy and all, he was a better choice than romney(I voted for Gary) but better than trump is questionable.

Libertarian leaners need to make a choice, societal preservation or liberty now. Without a modern western society filled with western cultured people libertarianism stands 0 chance.
hispanics nor muslims are going to buy libertarianism.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

Gary E. Johnson

Born in North Dakota, Gary Johnson founded Big J construction company, which grew to become one of the largest in the state. He became Governor of New Mexico in 1995 and sold the business for a substantial profit in 1999. According to Johnson’s public financial statement, his net worth ranges between $3.5 million and $10.5 million. Johnson’s biggest asset is his home in Taos, N.M., estimated as being worth between $1 million and $5 million.

Don't know about being a plant, but he is wealthy? Maybe wealthy, maybe asset rich and money poor? Check out his interview with Joe Rogan on you tube, he seems (seems) like a pretty logical guy.

I'd say growing a company from scratch to one of the largest in any state is a much bigger accomplishment than governing. He's a decent guy and all, he was a better choice than romney(I voted for Gary) but better than trump is questionable.

Libertarian leaners need to make a choice, societal preservation or liberty now. Without a modern western society filled with western cultured people libertarianism stands 0 chance.

I believe the reasoning his governorship is considered a big accomplishment is due to the fact he ran as a republican in 2/3 democratic state of New Mexico and not only won but was re-elected. That is an accomplishment. Though, he is extremely interesting person. Johnson has apparently climbed to the top of highest mountains on 7 continents! He definitely seems to be a guy who sets goals and follows through to the finish line!
edit on 6 11 2016 by CynConcepts because: Added missing quote

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I didn't know that about him. I really like the guy as a person which i can't say about any other president in my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

I didn't know that about him. I really like the guy as a person which i can't say about any other president in my lifetime.

Check out the Wikipedia page on him for a quick preview. I found that to be a great jumping off point. Heck, his VP, bill Weld is the ex-republican governor of Massachusetts (another 2/3 democratic state). Weld actually was backing Kasich just a few weeks before he joined up with the Liberterian party. Admittedly, they do offer a good west/east partnership and able to connect with the established two party system. I really don't see them as extreme Liberterians...but they are certainly seeming more sane compared to Trump and Clinton.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
He is for open borders and amnesty, because they are just coming here for jobs.

He quit smoking dope last month because it wouldn't look right to be stoned in the WH.

I can't deal with the tarians and Mitt is a Twit.

It's only going to be hillary or Trump. Quit dreaming.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
He is for open borders and amnesty, because they are just coming here for jobs.

He does make a valid point about work visas and taxation on these immigrants. Also, noting that most immigrants are seeking employment that many Americans will not do. I am sure being Governor of New Mexico gave him more clarity in what is true about illegal immigration. He has experience. What real experience in Immigration issues do any of the other candidates have?

He quit smoking dope last month because it wouldn't look right to be stoned in the WH.

I have to admit, I like that he admitted it was recreational and not medicinal. He is being honest and not a hypocrit. That should be praised not condemned. I was on medicinal mj for two years. I have not used in the last two years neither recreationally or medicinally. It is not addictive and a lot easier to quit than many legal prescriptions! So, I can believe it is possible for him to sincerely abstain from it while in Presidency.

I can't deal with the tarians and Mitt is a Twit.

I have always thought Liberterians were looney. This election though I cannot just look at the party name. Every party's candidate are definitely not very reflective of their respective party agenda! As far as Mitt...I have to agree!

It's only going to be hillary or Trump. Quit dreaming.

He only needs 15% polling to be included in the debates! I am really thinking America is going to need a third person on stage to keep Trump and Clinton focused on actual issues and not just be an uninformative regurgitation of name calling and ranting until election day. I will dream of that at least.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Definitely not an extreme libertarian. We need people like this. Breaking down walls and being honest. Two things the Democrats and Republicans seem to lack. He's got my vote.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I don't think anyone is dreaming of Gary winning. We know he won't win, but he's got something going here and that's all we can ask for at this point. Let's get the ball rolling and make a serious push over the next 4 years. Let's make a statement now. The Democrat Republican gridlock is over today.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Mitt just can't get it though his head that he is, in 2016, irrelevant.

News flash Mr. Romney...nobody cares what you think, who you are for, or against.

You thought you were going to destroy Donald Trump by making a big deal about announcing that you were joining the "Never Trump" movement, holding a press conference to call Trump a fraud, a bad businessman, etc., etc.

Effect on the Primary = 0.

You're backing Johnson? Great. Effect on the General = 0.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I am sure the Mormons in Utah care what he says, which could have an effect on the primary. It could also help the Libertarians get that magic number to be included in the debates, for the next four years, which in turn can help them get on more state ballots next election.

No matter which way you lean politically. Having more parties to choose from is good for everyone. Not everything is about immediate gains.
edit on 11-6-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

Gary E. Johnson

This Hispanic is going to most likely vote for Gary Johnson. When your only choices in an election are worse and worse, the only logical move is to try to add another choice for the next election. So maybe you shouldn't paint with such a broad brush. You know what they say about people who assume.

I am going to take it you meant illegal aliens, and not western cultured citizens of this great country who just happen to be of Hispanic descent. Because its not like the rhetoric of a politician can turn the narrative from illegals being bad to all Hispanics being bad. That would never happen when a candidate pushes things to far in one direction.

It can't be a trend. It must be my dirty glasses. I can't possibly be seeing people who used to use the term Illegal immigrant now simply using the term Hispanic. So I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

edit on 11-6-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Apparently, Utah polling citizens do Like Johnson as well! In this recent poll it has
Johnson at 16%
Clinton at 26%
Trump at 29%

Polling source data for Utah

I must admit...it does seem like Johnson is beginning to climb as more media attention is given to him.

Better more detailed source link with charts and graphs.

Edit add: for the remaining 29% who still polled other? With more media attention, Johnson may get more of their votes come November.
edit on 6 11 2016 by CynConcepts because: Added better source link.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

A Fox News survey released Thursday found Clinton leading overall with 39 percent support, followed by Donald Trump at 36 percent and Johnson at 12 percent.

But among independents, Trump leads, at 32 percent, followed by Johnson, at 23, and Clinton, at 22.

It’s the latest sign of early polling strength from Johnson, who many believe is poised for the best showing from a third-party candidate in decades.

Fox News Survey Source June 9, 2016

Obviously, Romney is playing politics and is trying to stay relevant.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I think latinos and muslims would want libertarianism.

Totally disagree with you on that.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Even if he is, he beats the hell out of the other two choices. He's quite an interesting guy and down to earth.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I would love to see Johnson win a presidency even though it might be a pipe dream...

However, considering what the GOP establishment did to Ron Paul in both 2008 and 2012, I'm not sure a Romney endorsement is a good thing for the libertarian party..Romney has the personality of a used car salesman and is a complete robot for the establishment.

I'm still a registered libertarian and do plan on voting for Johnson tho. I don't care if my vote is 'wasted'. Our future is wasted imo with the other 2 parties.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join