It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's ban on Muslims fasting on Ramadan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

China's ban on Muslims fasting on Ramadan is part of the world’s schizophrenic response to accommodation of Muslims practices.

University students in China’s western region of Xinjiang, home to the Uighur ethnic minority -- the majority of whom are Muslims – say that authorities have forbidden them to fast during Ramadan. Punishments have been threatened, ranging from denial of the students’ degrees to subsequent consequences on their career opportunities. The students say they must have meals with their professors to confirm that they are eating. Fasting from sunrise to sundown during the Muslim month of Ramadan is one of the “Five Pillars of Islam.” Speaking anonymously to the BBC, one student said, "If you want a normal life here then you'd better not fast." The ban is part of a larger drive to in Xinjiang to discourage any Muslim from fasting during Ramadam, with ads running in state-run newspapers warning of the dangers of not eating and drinking.
Xinjiang has seen its share of Islamist violence, with a spate of terror attacks that have rocked the region.The creation of the concept of “Islamophobia” by Islamists has served to pit liberals against conservatives.
Notwithstanding Communist China’s abysmal and historical record of human rights abuses, the ban in Xinjiang is part of a larger problem of the world’s schizophrenic response to accommodation of minority religious practices, particularly when it comes to Muslims.

Americans, accustomed to the “melting pot” doctrine and freedom of religion as guaranteed by the Constitution, shake their heads at what looks to them like a denial to practice one’s chosen religion. But even in America, it has become not so simple. Whereas previous immigrants who belonged to larger ethnic groups integrated but still retained their cultural traditions (as do the vast majority of Muslims), those Muslims who adhere to an Islamist ideology and its inherently supremacist goals have learned to play the system and use free speech and democratic principles to further their goals.
www.clarionproject.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
cant be telling people when they can eat no matter what religion

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Let religious types be religious.

It prevents them from doing other stuff.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
now now. arent yall always saying its their country let them run it as they see fit? if china want s to kill them all its not our business.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Yet, like a few suicide vests here and a few suicide trucks there....

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

Uh yeah they can it's China dude.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

China persecutes people of all faiths.

They don't care about freedom.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Let religious types be religious.

Like raping little boys, marrying little girls, stoning people alive and burning family members to death?
edit on 6/9/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Fair play to China. They take drastic measures to make sure they aren't victims like france and mainland Europe. China have the balls to do things other countries want to implement but don't allow "human rights" or the "PC brigade" to interfere with maintain their cultural identity. Integration does not come naturally with islam and China are aware of this.

The workforce are not as efficent on an empty stomach and employers won't want to cater for those of different religious outlooks. I wouldn't and I care about the value of life.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
All religions should be banned.

You're all as silly as Scientologists to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

I hadn't pegged you for an authoritarian.

I don't like religion either, but I would never try to ban others from following their faith. That simply isn't right to try to control others.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't like religion either, but I would never try to ban others from following their faith. That simply isn't right to try to control others.

Where would you draw the line? Lopping heads is a "religious view" in some people that demand they can exercise that privilege. Controlling others is exactly what the new breed of Islam is attempting.
edit on 9-6-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

thants a kick in the balls. quite suprsed they go as far as making them eat wit hthe teachers to prove they eat.

With all religion especiall ywith islam its all about "intent" if you intend to fasts but people are making it difficult for you then its fine. You intended and you cant. No drama and no punshinment. they should technically be happy they dont have to fast but intended to.

that statement might sound abit wrong but i said it in good nature.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No it isn't, but they don't have any qualms with controlling you, if and when they can. It's in their book to do so.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

"minority religion" did you not know that 1.6 billion people profess to be Muslim. That is far from a minority in the world.

While Christianity is 2.2 Billion if you remove Roman Catholics and Mormons. True Christianity is the minority.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: Metallicus

Where would you draw the line? Lopping heads is a "religious view" in some people that demand they can exercise that privilege. Controlling others is exactly what the new breed of Islam is attempting.

Think about this, a thread designed to be sympathetic to an oppressed people and because Islam is even just mentioned "lopping off heads" inevitably gets mentioned as if there isn't a difference between Islam and violence.

Over a billion people reduced to a false, horrible stereotype because of media hype, propaganda and naivety.

Frightening how easily manipulated people are. The bigger the lie...

top topics

join