It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving houses in childhood increases suicide, death risk

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

When I was going through it at the time, it was VERY negative. Maybe 95%. My last move as a youth was right before high school, from a very small, tight community to a huge school where I knew no one but my sister (and we didn't even get to have the same lunch period, so my first few lunches were spent crying in the bathroom.

When I was younger, it wasn't such a big deal.

However, in retrospect, I appreciate the experiences I had in different areas, and see that leaving the small country town was probably a very good thing. I was exposed to much more diversity. Though, I never really "belonged" with any groups in high school. I kept to myself and the few close friends I had. Perhaps that has had a lot to do with me being more reclusive in regards to friendship.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

All of that makes sense to me. I think you did a great analysis.

And I do have to admit, I don't think that there are many people like me, which is unfortunate.
I mean, I'm not invincible by any means, stuff affects me. But I feel lucky to have parents who really care. I'm also an only child, which helps. My parents and I are so close that we tend to argue with one another quite frequently. They say things to me sometimes that are awful, but only because they care so darn much. It's a double-edged sword in that way. But I'd rather have that connection than have none or less of one.

In my life, the one thing that created problems was a total disintegration of my views on 'reality' at a very young age. I made a thread on it and it's paranormal. And it was and still is traumatic. However, it did cement in me the ability to always know myself. Plus, my parents believed me when I told them about it, so that was a huge blessing.

I wish all parents were as connected with their children as mine are with me. I feel like the world would be a lot different if people didn't treat kids like they're stupid or something.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I think maybe you mean that you're more exclusive when it comes to friends. Not reclusive

Not belonging isn't a bad thing

edit on 9-6-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Indeed!

I was never into trouble of any kind. Never had rules, because I didn't do much and my parents trusted me. I wouldn't mind if my children took after me, rather than my husband. He came from a very small town (coincidentally the neighboring small town of the one I left), and was very popular. Played lots of sports, wveryone wanted to be his friend and got himself into much more trouble than me! While I have heard he was nothing but nice in school, I doubt we'd have ended up together had we known each other back then.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join