It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans exposed to toxic gas in secret tests denied benefits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

EXACTLY! STAR FOR YOU

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
a reply to: Spider879

Star and a flag for you. As far as doing better read my post about my father in response to LADYGREENEYES it's a little hard to achieve justice from a completely corrupt uncaring system.

I did and a very touching testimony , the thing is I am the kind of person many family members look up to especially the males, many followed my foot steps into the Military especially the Navy, and while I got through the experience unscathed I would be sick to my stomach if they went through that horrifying experience with an org that don't give a damn.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
and while I got through the experience unscathed I would be sick to my stomach if they went through that horrifying experience with an org that don't give a damn.

Major difference between not caring and not having records. The VA wasn't the one responsible for keeping those records.

That's why they are not able to pay out. The didn't keep great records when the experiments occured so they don't know who actually qualifies.

So, on one hand you have shotty records that were kept if at all 70 years ago in a day without computers by another agency other than the VA.

edit on 6-6-2016 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

My Dad was Military Intelligence in Vietnam and Cambodia (pre "invasion") and when he got sick for the second and final time (1st was reproductive cancer in '84) the VA denied him treatment for ALS wich is what killed him in '94 at only 46 years of age. We fought and fought and sent letters to the head of the VA and they blew us off. Almost twenty years after his death ALS was added to the list of "official Agent Orange linked diseases" why did they wait so long? Because the more dead Vets the less they have to pay, (or such is our assumption) so THIS does NOT surprise me one bit. God Bless America, united we stand, support our troops etc. etc. = BS p.s. the VA denied treatment when the ALS diagnosis came through and my Mother, Brother and myself became my Father's nurses and took care of him at home . Insurance covered his bed and respirator and other medical equipment but we took care of him at home until the end when he came down with pneumonia and he spent the last two weeks of his life in the hospital slipped into a coma and suffered Brain death and was soon after taken off life support. We never got ANY kind of official response other than Widows benefits for a fee years until I turned 18 and then THATS ALL FOLKS.

That's a terrible thing, and no family should have to go through that! My maternal grandfather had the same thing - I never knew him, but I can't remember if he ever served or not. Not in Vietnam, if so. Very debilitating disease, at any rate! I wish there was some way that families could sue the government, and actually win, over cases like yours.

Repeated the entire quote because that needs repeating. There has to be some way to force accountability for this sort of behavior.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join