It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans exposed to toxic gas in secret tests denied benefits

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Department of Veterans Affairs rejected 85 percent of veterans who applied for benefits after exposure to mustard gas Only 40 veterans nationwide are receiving benefits Bill named for Missouri veteran would ease burden of proof on victims .

WASHINGTON The Department of Veterans Affairs has rejected the vast majority of claims filed by veterans who were exposed to mustard gas as part of secret experiments during World War II, according to a report released Tuesday by Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri. About 60,000 military service members were used as human guinea pigs in a military research program to test protective equipment. Roughly 4,000 of them received high levels of full-body exposure to mustard gas or Lewisite, another toxic agent. But the VA has rejected the claims of 85 percent of the veterans who applied for benefits related to the secret testing, according to the report. From 2005 to 2015, the VA identified 1,213 disability claims related to mustard agent exposure from 792 World War II veterans. Of those claims, 1,028 were denied, the report found. 1,028 benefit claims filed by veterans involved in secret mustard gas tests were denied by VA Only 40 veterans nationwide now are receiving the benefits, McCaskill said. The Missouri Democrat, whose father was a World War II veteran, slammed the government’s failure to compensate and care for victims of the testing in a press call with reporters on Tuesday. “It’s frankly beyond outrageous,” McCaskill said. Read more here: www.mcclatchydc.com...=cpy

How are ppl not raving mad over this, we sit around and talk a good game about the "greatest generation" and on memorial day some get to puff chest and wave flags, yet when the time came to take care of them , the V.A and others put them on ignore, if it wasn't for these guys ppl like myself would have likely been born in a slave camp or a non person living on the edge of society, yes the pats on the back is all good and well..but do better America!!

Btw how many of us simply and unquestionably slipped off the mask in the gas house when told to do so..it could very well be anyone of us that end up like them.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I can't believe this only has two flags so far. This sort of thing is flat WRONG. Makes ME mad, at any rate! No excuse for treating people who risk everything for the country in such a fashion. It's disgraceful.

More and more, it's like the theme behind the movie Soldier.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I have to deal with the VA...Sometimes it scares me.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

likely been born in a slave camp or a non person living on the edge of society,

No disrespect towards the Vets, but you do live in slave camp. A new enemy is created daily, you go to war not to defend your nation but further economic interests in the name of national security. One has only to look at the petty dictators in South America, or the Middle East now - dancing to London and Washington's tunes.

Vaccination experiments and DU weapons were also deployed during the 1st Gulf war. Nothing changes. Millions displaced so the "Fiat money banking" system replaces the "gold based" central Banking that Libya and Iraq were contemplating.

We are all pawns of the Rothschilds...including our so called Representatives (cough cough) in Government.

The rewards of such non-consensual experimentation go to private interests and are patented. Tomorrows cancers and cures all controlled by the same Big Pharma.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Go to war for contractors, be guinea pigs for contractors, kill for contractors, get PTSD for contractors, make billions for contractors then get a pat on the back and a huge pile of crap dumped on you.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I can't believe this only has two flags so far

Done!! Mine added...Even though I'm Australian we have some American Relatives who served for USA - A proud tradition and good folk.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

18 flags now.

It makes me sick knowing how our veterans are treated. To be used in any kind of experiment is so unforgivable! For those poor men to have to fight to get the help they need is horrible if they get any help at all! Disgraceful!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
There is an ancient 4th way belief that not all people have souls and those that don' t will fare much better than those who do.

What a perfect example of experiments on people duped into fighting elite wars, experimented on then denied benefits.

Screwed up word we live in.

S&F

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
the sad thing is that most soldiers are just brainwashed, they are good people, with good intentions, that trust they are being sent places by a government that actually cares, for causes that are just but that's never the case.

...the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

Mein Kampf

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
whats that old saying? ask what your can do for your country and not what your country can do for you? i guess a lab rat is part of that?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I can't believe this only has two flags so far

Done!! Mine added...Even though I'm Australian we have some American Relatives who served for USA - A proud tradition and good folk.

Awesome! Very proud tradition, though I do worry about the current state of the military! Have had family members serve in the past, and did a little myself (peacetime, and not for long), and married to a now-retired career soldier. Lots of changes these days.

The degree of nonsense, though, for veterans, is almost surreal! That a known issue can be denied, as in this case, boggles the mind. WWII vets served a LONG time, too; no set time limit deployments for them! Far more dangerous service, in most cases, as well. Seeing them treated in this fashion really irks me!

Interesting country, Australia!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

18 flags now.

It makes me sick knowing how our veterans are treated. To be used in any kind of experiment is so unforgivable! For those poor men to have to fight to get the help they need is horrible if they get any help at all! Disgraceful!

Up to 41!! I knew there were more ATSers who would care! Guess I caught the thread really early.

Bothers me quite a lot! Being treated like equipment is bad enough, and tossed aside and told that what they did, which was reprehensible, doesn't matter just makes it worse. Have to wonder, all considered, what hey are doing now.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The disgusting part is they are waiting for these ppl to die off, If I remembered correctly it took a longtime for the Vets that suffered from exposure to agent orange to get some form of help yet the war hawks love their photo ops and talk of supporting the troops stabs them in the back when the lights are off and cameras are gone.
DEAD MEN GET NO PAY.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

The disgusting part is they are waiting for these ppl to die off, If I remembered correctly it took a longtime for the Vets that suffered from exposure to agent orange to get some form of help yet the war hawks love their photo ops and talk of supporting the troops stabs them in the back when the lights are off and cameras are gone.
DEAD MEN GET NO PAY.

I was thinking the same thing. WWII vets aren't exactly young.

Then again, this is the same government that pushes the age for collecting SS further back every year, so people die off before they get there.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Instead of taking care of American veterans, the Marxist in chief and his thugs are paying for illegal immigrants to enter illegally into the U.S. even if they are criminals...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Instead of taking care of American veterans, the Marxist in chief and his thugs are paying for illegal immigrants to enter illegally into the U.S. even if they are criminals...

I think this phenomenon predates Obama and company, but he should have stepped to the plate .

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It is disturbing to say the least about the way our military industrial complex using our soldiers. You can clearly see the way our elite masters see their subjects when you look to the scandalous VA system, one must not forget the breakdown and psychological reprogramming they put our brave citizens through when they enter the military.

How anyone can support a system in which they are transformed into guinea pigs for the profits of the war machine shocks me.

It is not to far a jump to see the same experiments being played out by big pharma/big agri considering they are also the war machine.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

My Dad was Military Intelligence in Vietnam and Cambodia (pre "invasion") and when he got sick for the second and final time (1st was reproductive cancer in '84) the VA denied him treatment for ALS wich is what killed him in '94 at only 46 years of age. We fought and fought and sent letters to the head of the VA and they blew us off. Almost twenty years after his death ALS was added to the list of "official Agent Orange linked diseases" why did they wait so long? Because the more dead Vets the less they have to pay, (or such is our assumption) so THIS does NOT surprise me one bit. God Bless America, united we stand, support our troops etc. etc. = BS p.s. the VA denied treatment when the ALS diagnosis came through and my Mother, Brother and myself became my Father's nurses and took care of him at home . Insurance covered his bed and respirator and other medical equipment but we took care of him at home until the end when he came down with pneumonia and he spent the last two weeks of his life in the hospital slipped into a coma and suffered Brain death and was soon after taken off life support. We never got ANY kind of official response other than Widows benefits for a fee years until I turned 18 and then THATS ALL FOLKS.
edit on 6-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

edit on 6-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

edit on 6-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Wanted to add info

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Star and a flag for you. As far as doing better read my post about my father in response to LADYGREENEYES it's a little hard to achieve justice from a completely corrupt uncaring system.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join