It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum to Kindergarteners

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
That is wrong wrong wrong. The educational system is now indoctrinating kindergartner stop question their own gender. It's nothing short of diabolical and these people Know what they are doing to the children at least those behind the program and the rest are misguided in the idea that somehow they are rescuing them or buying into the whole anti bullying line.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: samerulesapply

Child abuse.

Child abuse would be denying a trans child to be who they are.

Child abuse is segregating a trans child in school by forcing them to use a facility different then their peers.

Child abuse is pushing the transgender lifestyle on millions of innocent children every day in school just so that a very minority population can feel "comfortable". It's insanity to do this and you don't even see it for your own bias and sense of victimhood.

Do you really think you are that important?

Its not about the children, its about YOU. YOU can't accept it.

Children don't care. They are very accepting - - - unless their parent teaches them hate.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Nope. No one is indoctrinating Kindergartners to question their own gender. No one is saying, "are you sure you're really a girl?" No one. That's a lie.

The message in Kindergarten is "You might be a girl who likes princess dresses and dolls. You might be a girl who likes sports and trucks. You might be a boy who likes sports and trucks, or you might be a boy who likes princess dresses and dolls." That message is not trying to change kids. It is reinforcing what the kid already likes, and letting the kid know that not every kid is the same.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The message in Kindergarten is "You might be a girl who likes princess dresses and dolls. You might be a girl who likes sports and trucks. You might be a boy who likes sports and trucks, or you might be a boy who likes princess dresses and dolls." That message is not trying to change kids. It is reinforcing what the kid already likes, and letting the kid know that not every kid is the same.

Are you trying to tell us this hasn't already been happening for the last 2 decades?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

No I'm not. I've been saying all along that people screaming about this are making a mountain out of a molehill. What's in the guidelines is not as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
For the people who are for this, let me ask you one thing...

Do we separate our classrooms in the states and teach boys a different curriculum than girls? Do we give them assignments and say "Geraldine, you have to do a book report on a Disney princess while Harry get's to do one on Carpentry?". Could it be that we already teach them on the same level? (gasp)

That being said, why are we focusing less on the actual education of real world tools that will help them in the job market and instead trying to push an extra curriculum that's not going to change anything about their actual test scores? "Emotional intelligence" isn't going to help anyone get a job unless everyone just wants to grow up to be counselors.

It would be MORE appropriate to allow students in high school and college to elect to take these courses....but if they do that they should also be required to take basic biology.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ever met a brilliant person that has no social skills?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Education isn't just about jobs. It's about being a well-rounded person and learning how to get through this thing called life. That's why they have health curriculums, or social studies, or civics/government classes or art or music.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Same handful of people.

It's not that children don't care as you so eloquently put it, Annee.

It's that they lack the maturity to understand, it's that they're impressionable and still growing. Get 'em when they're young, eh?

More of this crap, this is daytime television bullcrap I'm sick hearing - I just want to be me! I just want to be myself! People just accept this crap as brave, admirable. That person wants what they want, regardless of everything. So brave, such an oppressed, misunderstood person.

No I understand - people want what they want. Inconsiderate people no matter the cost. I don't believe for one single minute that you same three people don't believe this is harmful to children.

That it won't influence them...willfully ignorant of reality for selfish reasons.

A horrible, selfish and utlimately harmful mentality. I refuse to pretend like you.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

It's that they lack the maturity to understand, it's that they're impressionable and still growing. Get 'em when they're young, eh?

Understand what?

That some boys like to play house and some girls like to be firemen?

Some boys might like "sparkle" clothes. Some girls don't like dress up

Cuz that's pretty much it.

Fear mongering adults are blowing this up to something its not.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

edit on 6-6-2016 by Abysha because: Nevermind. I don't want to be pulled back into this gross thread.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No, that isn't it at all.

Those things were true when I was at school. There were feminised boys and rather masculine girls. This has always been the case. I don't remember there being much of a problem.

I was short, and was often teased for that, and other things. There were lot's and lot's of kids at the schools I attended and we all had various hardships to face. It's called growing up.

I don't recall anyone being singled out much more than others. There were some victims, but they didn't help themselves.

You don't seem to grasp this, either it's beyond your abilities or you simply do not want to. I think you do not want to, because from what I've gathered of recent threads you care only to project an image to specific people who have some influence over you.

We got it...I got that people are different. It wasn't an issue at all...nobody had to tell us. We're learning about the world and figuring things out between us. Kids probably learn more from each other about life, society, what's right and wrong.

We weren't told about this stuff at school because there's no need. The only time there's a neded is when there's an agenda to be pushed, and so clear and evident it is, it makes me beyond angry that a few selfish people will lie through their teeth knowing that it's ultimately harmful.

You know fine well it is...but you're incapable of being real about it because you are in fear of backlash.

It's a conflict of interests for you to even get involved in these threads because you are handicapped with regards to this whole issue by default.
edit on 6-6-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Education isn't just about jobs. It's about being a well-rounded person and learning how to get through this thing called life. That's why they have health curriculums, or social studies, or civics/government classes or art or music.

Art, music, health....all can play a part in the job market.

Knowing the difference between what gender is what is a moot agenda. It does nothing for anyone except the rare few who go into "gender studies".

Segregation and forcing people to identify gender is not the answer. (As well as when people try to force the agenda are presented with scientific fact and biological evidence that they dismiss because it just doesn't fit what they want) I don't particularly care what anyone identifies as, it is of absolutely no consequence to me. It also shouldn't be an issue to children. They should learn free from agenda. If we want to bring gender studies, let's also bring creationism! Hell, let's throw in a class about trans-speciesism!

Lol

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

You know what's harmful to children? To ignore their pleas for help.

"After 10 years of confusion I finally understood who I was. I immediately told my mom, and she reacted extremely negatively, telling me that it was a phase, that I would never truly be a girl, that God doesn't make mistakes, that I am wrong. If you are reading this, parents, please don't tell this to your kids," the note says. "Even if you are Christian or are against transgender people don't ever say that to someone, especially your kid. That won't do anything but make them hate them self. That's exactly what it did to me."

Leelah's suicide note, however, says she struggled for a long time to gain her parents' acceptance as a transgender teen.
"My mom started taking me to a therapist, but would only take me to christian therapists, (who were all very biased) so I never actually got the therapy I needed to cure me of my depression. I only got more christians telling me that I was selfish and wrong and that I should look to God for help."

www.cnn.com...

This mom was selfish, because she wanted a "normal" son. Then she lost her child forever because of that selfishness.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

No, that isn't it at all.

Those things were true when I was at school. There were feminised boys and rather masculine girls. This has always been the case. I don't remember there being much of a problem.

It is the same thing in kindergarten.

Seriously, what do you think they're gonna do - - - show them pix of penises and vaginas?

The dialog may be a little different to give the teacher tools to discuss a situation that might, but not likely, be brought up.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

This whole gender thing is part of the health curriculum. What if a kid wanted to grow up to be an endocrinologist specializing in treatment of gender dysphoria? Or a psychiatrist? Or a researcher who studies gender differences in the brain?

Works just as well as assuming every kid who takes art classes is going to grow up to be Picasso.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Who says their pleas must be ignored?

there are kids suffereing in various ways over and above gender confusion. Nobody wants children to suffer, but the answer isn't to confuse 99% of kids in lieu of a small handful having some psychological or mental issues.

You continue to put up these false arguments that are nothing more than distractions from the real issue.

The answer is not to pretend that it's normal to think you're the opposite sex to what you actually are.

If a child has some behaviour issues we don't expect the rest of the kids to adapt to that we correct it. Promoting this as normal to impressionable children isn't the answer it will perpetuate the problem.

I see far more gender confused children in future...if it's such a horrible affliction, if it's so terrible to feel like the opposite to what you are then why in the name of god would you want it to get worse in future?

You care about kids' feelings and want to help them supposedly...by perpeturating somethign that is sooo terrible.

We might aswell promote ADHD as a natural state or condition...yeah, instead of correcting the behavioural or psychological cause of this, all other kids will have to adapt. It's normal.

Selfish...people are being selfish because they want what they want, and all that matters is me, right here, right now.

Nothing to see here.
edit on 6-6-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

No...I don't think that, that's absurd. Explain to me how, in any way, showing pictures like that would help in this regard?

More stupid, irrelevant arguments from someone educated by a friend.

You are beyond the truth, you're so corrupted by personal interests that you've opted for deceit and dishonesty.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

This whole gender thing is part of the health curriculum. What if a kid wanted to grow up to be an endocrinologist specializing in treatment of gender dysphoria? Or a psychiatrist? Or a researcher who studies gender differences in the brain?

Works just as well as assuming every kid who takes art classes is going to grow up to be Picasso.

Actually it is a requirement in High School to take at least one art class. Art appreciation is more than just about the artist.... it can help in many areas like home decoration, literally any design job, marketing, advertising, public relations...... I could go on.

I highly doubt a kid in middle school I going to be THAT specific about career path.... which is whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in HIGH SCHOOL we start to allow them to choose electives......
edit on 6-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

And why is it required for a kid who wants to be a doctor to take an art class?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join