It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's getting seriously silly now!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
No word of a lie, it's pissing me off.

In the last 3 or 4 days I've seen about 15 two line OPs and its grating on my last nerve.

I don't ask for much as a contributor here...

Just that we get a decent thread that has a decent half life.

I'm still reading threads from the 28th May, having to catch up with numerous 4+ page threads and while I don't agree with all the content...
I'm happy I get such an outlet as ATS to run through during my less than eventful days.

But these Facebook hit and run style posts are pissing me off.

No flag for you twerp.
No flag whatsoever.

The new disclaimer at the thread creation page doesn't seem to be working...

How about threads needing to be approved?
That seems like a good idea...
It would take 30 seconds out of a mods day to check a new thread is beyond two lines of gibberish to then approve and send to the New Threads Page.

Ahhh, whatever man.

Good evening people.

Don't let no one piss down your neck and tell you it's raining!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20801226]Hazardous1408[/p My Uncle Linwood has always said "it's better to be pissed off then pissed on" 😂 But I hear ya. OP Quality moderation would be a welcome edition.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

No flag for you twerp. No flag whatsoever.

Exactly what you as a member should do. And move on. Leave the rest to the folks called "mods" . That is THEIR responsibility. If they let it remain , there is a justifiable reason I am sure . Not for you to say.

And with that , I leave this Homeowner's Association style thread behind, exactly the way you stated.

edit on 6/1/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
a reply to: [post=20801226]Hazardous1408[/p My Uncle Linwood has always said "it's better to be pissed off then pissed on" 😂 But I hear ya. OP Quality moderation would be a welcome edition.
Your Uncle Linwood lived a very sheltered life.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Those kind of posts, if they are truly lacking in any research or content, I alert immediately. Did that earlier today and within a few minutes the offending posts were gone.

The mods do a good job, but it helps to alert them as well, keep it all spick and span

edit on 2-6-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well, perhaps if there was an automatic alert for a thread that was lacking a certain amount of content, but I can't see every thread authored on here having to be approved. 30 seconds for every thread would add up to a fair bit of time.

Maybe you can alert them.

Personally, it saves me time if a thread is pointless. Close it, and move on.

edit on 2-6-2016 by Parafitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Not to pee on your rant, but hey!
Some people have no clue how this place operates and are learning the ropes. Sure that info is there right from the jump, as you said but there is something to be said to assisting the poster and adding more info to their beginning gaffe.

It may not be "our job" to do the OP's job, but it takes just a few seconds to bless them with your Google-Fu and improve things. If it's a habitual thing with the same hit & run posters then yeah, alert a Mod and let the education begin.

Some people are posting from phones, or on a break at work and a scanty OP is sometimes a place holder till they come back. Impulsive, but so is the entire internet.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It is for us to say. That's why there's an alert icon.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
The automated system takes over in those cases. If the post is still there , there is a justified reason. Now , stop going all ballistic over nothing .....watch your stress level...please. Some are left (I imagine) for the fun of it. You do understand fun , yes ?How bout to ask an honest question ? Perhaps you should stop reaching for the alert button so much and "lighten up" . Makes for a better time here.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The automated system takes over in those cases. If the post is still there , there is a justified reason. Now , stop going all ballistic over nothing .....watch your stress level...please. Some are left (I imagine) for the fun of it. You do understand fun , yes ?How bout to ask an honest question ? Perhaps you should stop reaching for the alert button so much and "lighten up" . Makes for a better time here.

This is the rant forum is it not?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Aw too many of your inflammatory posts getting edited or removed? You're blaming me?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
3,566 posts and over a year here . I have had 3 posts removed. None for being "inflammatory" .All of the whopping 3 were for off-topic. And I agreed with the Mod 110%.Why would I blame you ?

So with that ..
Thank you for playing the game , but you are all out of tokens.

new topics

top topics

join