It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela effect ( yeah we are sick of it) and Saddam's capture.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
My long term memory is pretty spectacular... I seem to remember him holding a cell phone in one hand in that photo but...again...that was a while ago, even if I am excellent at remembering

As I remember you're right. Wasn't it some older model Nokia? I recall it being strange that he was still holding his phone while being captured. Like he was showing us his phone.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
Found this 03 article that talks about the capture

Spoiler alert

The photo essay of his capture doesn't seem to be working

www.foxnews.com...

You're right. It doesn't.

This is definitely cause for concern on some aspects. Photos are kept for years on the internet, I find it hard to believe that one of the most iconic captures of all time just "fell through the cracks"

And this little part seems to describe what everyone remembers.

Odierno said that Saddam was disoriented and bewildered as he came out of the hole. Based on the fact that he still had clothing in wrappers, Odierno believed that he hadn’t been in the hideout for very long.

Remember this article is from just after his capture I believe.

Take it for what you will

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Now i am wondering if the original pic that we all saw was a fake and has been since scrubbed......weird....

This is very likely the truth, must get rid of evidence of media manipulation. Might have been too easy to prove the photo a fake, and not really Saddam in his hole. Bin Laden anyone?
edit on 6/1/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

My long term memory is pretty spectacular... I seem to remember him holding a cell phone in one hand in that photo but...again...that was a while ago, even if I am excellent at remembering

As I remember you're right. Wasn't it some older model Nokia? I recall it being strange that he was still holding his phone while being captured. Like he was showing us his phone.

I literally told Technixcality privately that it was an old nokia! Now I know I'm not making it up

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I remember the picture clearly. It existed at some point. I remember thinking look at that piece of bleep coming out of a hole like a weasel. They showed it a lot on the news.

Welcome aboard new Mandela believers.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

I don't remember the shirts but I do remember the video that was taken of the capture.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I literally told Technixcality privately that it was an old nokia! Now I know I'm not making it up

If i remember correctly, there was at the time a big push in the media that "terrorist cells" are coordinating with cell phones unabated and there was an urgent need to get access to ALL cell phone activity to combat terrorism. It's like a photo OP for terrorists with cell phones when they show him crawl out a hole with a Nokia. "See they use cell phones! Saddam had one!" To bolster the push for NSA mass surveillance and the like.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

The shirts might have been found in the hole.
The article doesn't say.
I was more referring to the basically disoriented / bewildered look he had when he came out

That seems to be stuck in everyone's mind
edit on pm620163010America/ChicagoWed, 01 Jun 2016 22:37:26 -0500_6000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: GoShredAK
No way....

I remember that picture 100%

It was not the one Terrydon linked.

This is the Mandela effect I've been waiting for........i might be on board now.....this is weird.

You feelin the effect bro?

Dude......im feelin it.

😄

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is a good one. I vividly remember the "oh sh*t" look on his face, down in the hole, looking up at the camera. (Does anyone also remember that he was in his underwear when he was caught, which added to the humiliation factor?)

That image of Saddam with that "the jig is up" look on his face that many of us remember should be the main photo to come up on related image searches, and yet, it seems to be nowhere to be found.

One aspect of the Mandela Effect I have found useful for "old reality residue" of things that have changed is artwork. Paintings, drawings, etc. I've been looking to find that familiar image in an art piece somewhere (surely, someone must have wanted to replicate that iconic image in art form), but so far, no luck.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If I may I'd like to go off on a bit of a tangent and I'm wondering. I've been following a good portion of the Mandela posts for a while; but I am quite curious how this all started? What was the first event that set this off? I can see how this train is constantly going but what was the prime mover for this one?

On the topic itself. I just remember seeing him in the hole as well, but remember hearing about them raiding his compound and shooting him in the face. Heard he was around the table with some others (?) and they showed a picture of the bullet wound in his head while doing the oral search as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I remember seeing the pic on the news and thinking "he looks so sick, I doubt he will live to make it to trial". Looked like he had advanced stage leukemia . Now , the pics no longer exist ? Bullsh>>. I dont have an imagination to be effected by the Mandela Effect at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is an obvious Photoshop job, but could this be what people are remembering?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

LMFAO, brother, we are all going to be mandela effected by the time this is through. I don't know what to think but perhaps the iconic picture got scrubbed, there's got to be a reasonable explanation for this.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystiqueAgent
If I may I'd like to go off on a bit of a tangent and I'm wondering. I've been following a good portion of the Mandela posts for a while; but I am quite curious how this all started? What was the first event that set this off? I can see how this train is constantly going but what was the prime mover for this one?

On the topic itself. I just remember seeing him in the hole as well, but remember hearing about them raiding his compound and shooting him in the face. Heard he was around the table with some others (?) and they showed a picture of the bullet wound in his head while doing the oral search as well.

I believe it was a Bin Laden picture that you're thinking of.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I only mentioned Bin Laden earlier, was to point out that we will never have proof that it really WAS Bin Laden they dispatched that night. Why? because they pushed him overboard out to sea...ridiculous. One of, if not the most wanted terrorist in the whole of history, and what, they didn't retain the body? Booth killed Lincoln, buried him. Oswald killed(?) Kennedy, buried him. BUT OBL the man responsible for how many deaths?.... his body thrown out to sea without any second review of his identity. All sorts of fishy.
Same could be true with this Saddam missing picture, maybe they used a double for the photo. And now we can never prove it because POOF no more photo...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Same could be true with this Saddam missing picture, maybe they used a double for the photo. And now we can never prove it because POOF no more photo...

The problem with that is that there are still other photos of him in custody, and the video of him being hung is even still found on YouTube. If that was the same double, why wouldn't they have eliminated all of these photos and videos to hide the evidence?

Furthermore, if that is the real Saddam in those photos and videos, they would have had no reason to take a picture of a "double" to fool anyone.

The fact is, there's a good chance that we are now in a reality where that image that many of us distinctly remember never actually existed.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

The problem with that is that there are still other photos of him in custody, and the video of him being hung is even still found on YouTube. If that was the same double, why wouldn't they have eliminated all of these photos and videos to hide the evidence?

Furthermore, if that is the real Saddam in those photos and videos, they would have had no reason to take a picture of a "double" to fool anyone.

The fact is, there's a good chance that we are now in a reality where that image that many of us distinctly remember never actually existed.

You almost explained it yourself.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Also realize I am only trying to find a different cause for the missing photo that many of us recall other than the ME reason.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just to clarify a bit more, I'm not trying to say his trial and hanging was staged at all. I believe that the person they hung was Saddam.

Just consider if they actually found the big bad leader of Iraq way earlier than planned, like only a couple of months into the war. Well then the war is pretty much over. Not good for business, they haven't found WMD's yet. More soldiers and mercenaries(Blackwater) to send for big contracts still needed for the profit margins. They could have had him in their own concrete hole for the time. And when they needed to play out the end of the show with "his capture" used a double to pose as a propaganda device for the masses.

Sure they tried, then hung Saddam. But maybe, just maybe that wasn't him in THAT photo, hence it's erasure from digital history. It would have been too easy to prove/disprove had it remained in the digital realm.

The photo we all recall may very well exist in some library, or newspapers storage as print, but that just doesn't allow for the proper digital examination of the photo's authenticity. The losses from the print medium would make it impossible to do any forensic discoveries. So even if we do find our missing photo, we can't use it to verify jack, except that we found the "missing" photo. As they planned.

I just don't trust our government with anything that has to do with their details of that war.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join