It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Illegals treated better than US veterans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Sorry ahead of time for grammar etc typing with one hand with a sick one year old on the other arm.

I am a retired vet (21 years) and over 80% disabled.

I only go to see the VA when my scripts are expired about once a year. Any other medical stuff I do through my local doc because of intolerable wait times and really no way to get a follow up. For example I had an infection and to get a follow up for further evaluation would be at a minimum of 5 weeks, where as anyone who has had antibiotics knows that you only get 7-10 days without a follow up visit.

Sorry for this next rude reality check but if the career 'baby mommas' can get free medical at any hospital or doc why can't those who served.

edit on 31-5-2016 by Technomancer01 because: Spelling/grammar

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Trump is not even potus yet.

What has Obama done for them is the important question.

Oh right, that's why Trump said what he did, never mind.

Obama's done nothing for them. Now how are we going to fix that?

Perhaps it has to do with individual attitudes towards vets? Like the individuals who hire illegals or bring in temporary workers when it's within their power to give those jobs to vets instead?

We have three candidates for president right now. One holds vets in contempt, one was part of the VA bureaucracy that mistreats them, and one trots them out for show but then tells them to get lost when it really counts. How do you propose we fix that?

It shouldn't be friggin broke in the first place!

Obama had 8 yrs to do something.

Maybe he missed the stories about the VA in the papers?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Technomancer01
Sorry ahead of time for grammar etc typing with one hand with a sick one year old on the other arm.

I am a retired vet (21 years) and over 80% disabled.

I only go to see the VA when my scripts are expired about once a year. Any other medical stuff I do through my local doc because of intolerable wait times and really no way to get a follow up. For example I had an infection and to get a follow up for further evaluation would be at a minimum of 5 weeks, where as anyone who has had antibiotics knows that you only get 7-10 days without a follow up visit.

Sorry for this next rude reality check but if the career 'baby mommas' can get free medical at any hospital or doc why can't those who served.

That sucks.

Hope you can get what you need.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I do but on my own dime where I am supposed to be able to get care through the VA. I will tell you it does make me avoid going to the doc until the wife darn near drags me there, and y'all know that isn't the right way to care for yourself, however the cost is just so hard to justify.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I was a hiring manager. 95-2007. Being a vet moved you to the top of the list not the bottom. What do you do that made it hard to place you? Or maybe it's where you live. I'm in a very heavy military occupied region. Mid Atlantic Virginia. Lots of military retire here. Lots of employers wanting vets.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

He's wrong. There's nothing to substantiate what he claims. I can't go and get free medical care. I can't get free dental care or free eye care.My veteran friends can. I don't get $4000.00 a month in retirement pay. My veteran friends do.
I'm glad they do. They served in Iraq and Korea. One is suffering from PTSD . One suffers from exposure to mustard gas. I don't begrudge them what they get but I won't lie and say they've been forgotten. They get mail from the VA almost daily. Appointments for doctors, for prescription meds, for therapeutic care. It may not be perfect but it's certainly there for them.
We have a lot of ex MIL friends or family of mil friends. We even spend time as guests at the local VFW post.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I heard him say he hires them for his club in Florida because citizens don't want seasonal work. Right from the liars mouth. The BSer spreading more BS.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The idiot is simply trying to appeal to those veterans who are not disabled who don't know anything about what he is talking about.

And besides, how the hell would he know?, being what he is that amounts to a draft dodger anyway?.

The only thing that keeps the V.A. from being more efficient and effective is the government and the people who whine about how much it costs during any other time of year but around memorial day.

For not being a career politician, he sure does make noises like one.

The guy is really nothing more than a bigot, appealing to bigots for votes.

This country is so screwed.

edit on 31-5-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: ';lkmj

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm sorry but dental isn't included except in rare circumstances and $4k a month they must have been some high ranking folks.

And VA availability really depends on where you live and how close you are and what type of facility is close to you.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hillary's history with American veterans:
As senator she introduced the Heros at Home Act to help family members care for those with traumatic brain injuries.
She worked to increase the military survivor benefit from $12,000.00 to $100,000.00.
She cosponsored the Support for Injured Servicemembers Act to extend benefits provided by the Family and Medical Leave Act
She also acted with many republicans to expand health care for those in the reserves and the National Guard.

Maybe you just don't know what she's done. There's much more.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Looselungjones2

I seem to recall immigrants also fight for this country as well.

Not illegal ones.

Yes they do. We are deporting them as well.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Technomancer01

No not high ranking. Just injured . These are our closest friends and both get benefits. They do get dental Jack just got dentures.
There is a very big VA center and hospital near us. It's still an all day thing. Like I said not perfect but there for them.
edit on 5312016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I didn't know that.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I didn't know that.

I wouldn't know except for them.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Technomancer01

If dental work is injury related it's covered by the VA - for instance if you had kissed a "bitch plate" in an IED strike and knocked out 11 teeth, VA would cover your bridges and plates in perpetuity.

With CRSC and CDRP (combat allowances), soldiers can "double dip" in certain circumstances. This allows some to get both a VA retirement and a military retirement so $4000 a month isn't that much of a stretch as it used to be. Granted Colonels and above are probably still drawing $10K plus in retirement

edit on 31-5-2016 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Maybe somethings changed. Jack lost teeth to gum disease and just got a bridge. Funny enough he got two because he pulled it out and set it down (not the best way to take care of it) and his dog grabbed it and chewed it up while he was sleeping. He got a replacement but he had to wait a few weeks. VA slow yes.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
It shouldn't be friggin broke in the first place!

Obama had 8 yrs to do something.

Maybe he missed the stories about the VA in the papers?

He did have 8 years, he didn't do anything. If you haven't noticed, Obama isn't up for election. The people that are up for election are 2 democrats who dislike him and his style and a Republican who also dislikes him. How are any of those 3 people going to fix the problem? All 3 of them have bad records so far.
edit on 31-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It might help to know that in addition to what I listed above regarding Hillary's record with veterans she cosponsored legislation to assist returning vets who wanted to continue their education. This legislation enacted in her last year in the Senate provided for outreach type centers on college campuses provided solely for veteran students. They provide funding and loan assistance. Counseling student needs etc.
This also addresses the question of education goals as she cosponsored legislation to not only raise awareness of Pell grants and other funding in non traditional student areas this same legislation limited the percentage of a borrower's income a lender could ask for as repayment terms as well as limit interest rates. She will continue to work towards affordable education. Her records show her belief that a strong nation is dependant on a strong education system.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Oops... We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. Lol
edit on 5312016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

His comment is absolutely correct. It's shameful how military people are treated.

Are you actually claiming that this is a good thing???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join