It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence the Christian God is Evil.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Parazurvan

Told you they would get you .

But to answer your question the verse have to do with slaves owned by others, not muslims themselves but the slaves.

Slavery is condoned by Islam.

no anti-islam just pointing out they have and sell slaves today

Islam was selling slaves long before ISIS. Many Islamist as well a African tribes sold slaves to the Dutch in North Africa that were shipped to America for sale.

Seewm your world view warped if you don't see the truth about Islam and some of its practices

Just as Jews and Christians have the same exact texts...in a lot of cases it is the same verses from the bible that radical clerics teach to terrorists.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Szarah

watch out you will show who you really are.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It is my real birth first and middle name. sorry I wont tell you my last name.

the two names together mean John's encampment or fort.

Our family comes from Scotland and were enslaved by the Romans and English. The name Chester has been handed down for many many generations. My family was sent as indentured servants to America in the early 1700's. they have spread from their original landing in Virginia and have large numbers there and in North Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, & Illinois up until the 1930's when the families broke up and moved around the states in search of jobs.

Fair enough, she is just referring to the "Chester the molester" trope.

It has become so common that just calling some one a "Chester" is enough to convey you mean child molestor. Making it a funny choice, and guaranteed to have a story..as yours did.

I'm surprised you don't get that every other thread, lol...

Well or maybe "Chester" is a southern thing, and we are in the minority lol.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I am surprised an 18 year old girl would be reading hustler magazine. Which is more evidence she is not whom he claims to be.

I am straight, married with fine upstanding children, and I am not molester of any kind.

New renditions of meanings does not mean they are better or more accurate.

But the Friar bit was over the top.

edit on 30-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Our family comes from Scotland and were enslaved by the Romans and English. The name Chester has been handed down for many many generations. My family was sent as indentured servants to America in the early 1700's. they have spread from their original landing in Virginia and have large numbers there and in North Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, & Illinois up until the 1930's when the families broke up and moved around the states in search of jobs.

It has become so common that just calling some one a "Chester" is enough to convey you mean child molestor. Making it a funny choice, and guaranteed to have a story..as yours did.

This is absolutely discusting. How dare you insinuate such things to someone you dont know. Are you Padawan Googlemiser?

Such impertinence is discusting.

Mods not only remove this post but give the little sheit a warning or ban the freak outright!!

I am appalled!! How dare you JoshuaCox. Dont you have any intelligence or compasion?

Or Padawan Googlemiser, are trying to ruin ATS? Wanker!!!!!!!!!
edit on 30-5-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

While debating Christianity in another thread, I was asked to post examples of evil bible verses. While looking them up I was semi amazed at how many there actually are, so here is the beginning of a list of all the bible verses that prove christianities God is not all good..

To quote the only good line in BVS..

"If God is all good then he cannot be all powerful, but if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good" lex Luthor

Deuteronomy 20:10-15 – When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

Leviticus 25:44-46 – Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Exodus 21:20-21 – "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

Colossians 3:22-24 – "Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

Ephesians 6:5 - "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."

1 Peter 2:18 - "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."

1 Timothy 6:1 - "1 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered."

I don't have exact verses on me but I recall the10th commandment is to not desire your neighbors things as in jealousy.

Then later in bible it says God is a jealous God. Surely God hates hypocrisy.

As long as you love the North Korean dictator and do what he says you won't end up dead or tortured. Sound familiar?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NumberMan

head in palm!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

While debating Christianity in another thread, I was asked to post examples of evil bible verses. While looking them up I was semi amazed at how many there actually are, so here is the beginning of a list of all the bible verses that prove christianities God is not all good.. To quote the only good line in BVS.. "If God is all good then he cannot be all powerful, but if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good" lex Luthor

You need not go any further with what you think. You and this Lex Luthor have made your point and that being that you are greater than the Creator who allows your existence, for a time.

Actually all you had to do was read the scriptures and your Creator has already told you that of which you seek. Yes our Creator is the one responsible for evil. He indeed created evil and He told you so many years before you got your little keyboard and learned how to talk. All you had to do was ask and the answer was given many thousands of years ago but in case you still don't understand and probably never will understand here is food for you till you struggle your last breath.

Isaiah_45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

just so everyone knows that line was quoted in the Superman series by lex luther but it comes from a philisophical group that debates God and his existence.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

a reply to: Seede just so everyone knows that line was quoted in the Superman series by lex luther but it comes from a philisophical group that debates God and his existence.

Thank you Chester for that info. Actually I did not realize that till you had explained it. I try not to encourage the sick minds because it seems to add fuel to the fire inside of them. JoshuaCox is very disturbed, in my opinion, and if he/she actually wanted an answer he/she would have wanted a true discussion. But when someone makes a derogatory thread as a statement then I see it is not a discussion but a rant. Not a rant against us but a rant towards the Holy Father God.
God Bless

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

While debating Christianity in another thread, I was asked to post examples of evil bible verses. While looking them up I was semi amazed at how many there actually are, so here is the beginning of a list of all the bible verses that prove christianities God is not all good.. To quote the only good line in BVS.. "If God is all good then he cannot be all powerful, but if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good" lex Luthor

You need not go any further with what you think. You and this Lex Luthor have made your point and that being that you are greater than the Creator who allows your existence, for a time.

Actually all you had to do was read the scriptures and your Creator has already told you that of which you seek. Yes our Creator is the one responsible for evil. He indeed created evil and He told you so many years before you got your little keyboard and learned how to talk. All you had to do was ask and the answer was given many thousands of years ago but in case you still don't understand and probably never will understand here is food for you till you struggle your last breath.

Isaiah_45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Then why would you knowingly follow a monster..at least the average Christian is ignorant of the reality, and buys into the whole " God is love" stuff...or I guess only love stuff.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NumberMan

While debating Christianity in another thread, I was asked to post examples of evil bible verses. While looking them up I was semi amazed at how many there actually are, so here is the beginning of a list of all the bible verses that prove christianities God is not all good..

To quote the only good line in BVS..

"If God is all good then he cannot be all powerful, but if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good" lex Luthor

Deuteronomy 20:10-15 – When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

Leviticus 25:44-46 – Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Exodus 21:20-21 – "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

Colossians 3:22-24 – "Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

Ephesians 6:5 - "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."

1 Peter 2:18 - "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."

1 Timothy 6:1 - "1 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered."

I don't have exact verses on me but I recall the10th commandment is to not desire your neighbors things as in jealousy.

Then later in bible it says God is a jealous God. Surely God hates hypocrisy.

As long as you love the North Korean dictator and do what he says you won't end up dead or tortured. Sound familiar?
The Christian God is a hypocracy,.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

This is absolutely discusting. How dare you insinuate such things to someone you dont know. Are you Padawan Googlemiser?

Such impertinence is discusting.

Mods not only remove this post but give the little sheit a warning or ban the freak outright!!

I am appalled!! How dare you JoshuaCox. Dont you have any intelligence or compasion?

Or Padawan Googlemiser, are trying to ruin ATS? Wanker!!!!!!!!!

I did not at all insinuate that Chester John was a pervert. Just explained ONE common way "Chester" is viewed in the English language..or at least the southern dialect.

I was not implying he had some sinister meaning behind it.

You should slow down and actually read a post before you fly off the handle...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I am surprised an 18 year old girl would be reading hustler magazine. Which is more evidence she is not whom he claims to be.

I am straight, married with fine upstanding children, and I am not molester of any kind.

New renditions of meanings does not mean they are better or more accurate.

But the Friar bit was over the top.

Never meant to imply it did, just commenting on the way "Chester" is viewed and explaining the meaning of the previous posters response..

I assume any actual child molestors wouldn't advertise in their gamer tag, nor would they be real proud of the "Chester the molestor trope.

The southern dialect shortens EVERYTHING, so "Chester the molester" was shortened to calling a potential pervert a "Chester".

Might only be a southern thing, I kinda assumed it was national.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I understood and was not offended by it. I live in the south US but never heard anyone use it that way. Of course that doesn't mean they dont. Lots of people named Chester in the south as well I know of at least a half dozen just in my area.

Thanks for the blessing.

The use of the slavery verses from the NT should be kept in their historical context. It is funny though, in the preserved word of God the term slave/slaves is never used except once in the book of Revelation. The preserved word uses the term servant. In days of old being a servant was a honor and it gave you a special place in the family, even under the Law of Moses.

Christianity does not promote slavery in any way shape or form. And the verses in the NT are applicable historically to those who were servants and masters. The believing masters were told to take care of their servants, and believing servants were told to be honorable to their masters. I guess if there were so called slaves today who believed they should follow those verses and believing master should follow them.

I work for a hospital I am a servant to the company. Just like back then a servant is paid wages and lived in the house for a certain period of time.

Israel was allowed to have servants under the law and their was provision for the servants and for the masters concerning the care of a servant and the acts of a servant. this law only applied to them while they live in the land historically after they came out of Egypt.

I think the whole precept of the OP was incorrect. If a real study was done anyone who would rightly divide the word of truth would know that there is no promotion of slaver in the NT, And that the allowance for servants for Israel was under certain conditions.

So either the OP was just parroting someone else or he just thought he had some good points.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I understood and was not offended by it. I live in the south US but never heard anyone use it that way. Of course that doesn't mean they dont. Lots of people named Chester in the south as well I know of at least a half dozen just in my area.

Thanks for the blessing.

The use of the slavery verses from the NT should be kept in their historical context. It is funny though, in the preserved word of God the term slave/slaves is never used except once in the book of Revelation. The preserved word uses the term servant. In days of old being a servant was a honor and it gave you a special place in the family, even under the Law of Moses.

Christianity does not promote slavery in any way shape or form. And the verses in the NT are applicable historically to those who were servants and masters. The believing masters were told to take care of their servants, and believing servants were told to be honorable to their masters. I guess if there were so called slaves today who believed they should follow those verses and believing master should follow them.

I work for a hospital I am a servant to the company. Just like back then a servant is paid wages and lived in the house for a certain period of time.

Israel was allowed to have servants under the law and their was provision for the servants and for the masters concerning the care of a servant and the acts of a servant. this law only applied to them while they live in the land historically after they came out of Egypt.

I think the whole precept of the OP was incorrect. If a real study was done anyone who would rightly divide the word of truth would know that there is no promotion of slaver in the NT, And that the allowance for servants for Israel was under certain conditions.

So either the OP was just parroting someone else or he just thought he had some good points.

The "preserved texts" are translations of translations, copies of copies.

No real historian has any doubt what kind of servants/slaves the bible was referring to. The same kind of slaves everyone else kept at the time..and in the NT it is referring to Roman slavery. Which was exactly the same as American slavery, sans the specific race being singled out.

And as I posted in the OP the bible clearly states to "obey your master as if not obeying him were a sin against Christ" and about 4 other NT verses that continue to validate slavery.

That's not me pointing fingers at the Hebrews specifically, like I said everyone else was doing the same.

Shouldn't we be able to judge the bible by modern standards?

If it was the timeless, perfect word of God on earth, giving humanity his divine commandments, shouldn't the morality of the bible outlast the ages?

I'm an equal oppertunity judger lol.

I think the monserous acts of our fore fathers should be remembered as such. Not sugar coated and excused because "that was the times" or "everyone else was doing it."

Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it. So I think excusing the atrocities of previous generations is forgetting that history.

Also in the broadest terms, from christianities POV, the bible is not a list of things you can do. It is a list of things you can''t do. So by omission everything not included is ok...such as rape, child molestation, slavery, child brides, incest, exc.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Just for clarification I am not saying modern Christians promote slavery, just that the bible does and they choose to ignore it.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

no nowhere does God promote it. In the OLD TESYAMENT days it was part of life but they were not called slaves they were known as servants. And they were to care for them.

The NEW TESTAMENT does not in anyway, shape or form promote slavery in any way. those verse in context are for the believing Servants and Masters behavior towards the other (saved or unsaved). It had nothing to do with promotion of slavery.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

the copies of copies you have plenty of them in English and they are missing many many words, phrases and verses from them.

The preserved word was done via men but with the Holy Ghost giving them guidance and inspiration to preserve the actual words, phrases and verses that had been removed, corrected or reinterpreted by men, so that God could keep his word that he would preserve his word to all generations forever as found in PS 12:6,7.

So you see the AV is not just an interpretation it is a preservation of God's word's by God himself.

Also the Bible has plenty of instruction of things to do. Please reread it again and look for them there are plenty. No rape is not ok'e in the Bible, nor child molestation, or any of the other nonsense you mentioned. I am not sure where you got that from but it is not what the Bible teaches. That is the teaching of some man you listened to not the words of God.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

no nowhere does God promote it. In the OLD TESYAMENT days it was part of life but they were not called slaves they were known as servants. And they were to care for them.

The NEW TESTAMENT does not in anyway, shape or form promote slavery in any way. those verse in context are for the believing Servants and Masters behavior towards the other (saved or unsaved). It had nothing to do with promotion of slavery.

Gods spokesmen support it. The verse says what it says, setting rules and structure for a horrible tradition. Undeniable giving it validation. As every pro slavery Christian has been quick to point out. The Jews didn't keep some magically super kind hearted form of slavery. They had the good old fasion kind.

www.oxfordscholarship.com...

I think this is a legit website for Oxford. Might be wrong....

medievalhistorygeek.wordpress.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join