It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Nostalgic Cartoons From Your Youth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana
a reply to: Brotherman

Mother Goose is creepy looking, I'm an old hag, but creepy I ain't...no matter how hard I try.

This was good, you can see the pigs ass and he ran away after grabbing his tummy, I think he was saying wise mother hens chow was no good lunch with brotherman is better

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
after all is fair at the fair

things were probably simpler then look at the technology they thought was coming for the ladies in the future around 5:18 till a little after 6 minutes, =D I am not this old but I was raised by people born in this era =D I'd a buy you orange drink for a nickel Bwock cluck buck buck bwock

Thanks
Drinks I more readily accept.

Simpler, from my perspective, means less choice. Not that I have a huge plethora of choices, but in terms of the important ones, I get to make my own mistakes.

On a different note, remembered these, you might like them...

edit on 1-6-2016 by Anaana because: to add the valiant tailor...one of my favourite tales

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

IF, IF, I had my pick of a cartoon turned into live action series I would absolutely choose ROBOTECH OR even the Macross Saga

They've been trying to do that for ages. I really hope it eventually makes it to screen. Last I heard, Toby Macguire had the rights (and wanted to play Rick...which actually would work)...

Can you imagine? Owen Wilson as Roy, Beyonce as Claudia, Edward James Olmos as Gloval, really hoping this gets made sometime soon.

Only trick is making the planes more modern. Could use the YF-22 I suppose, as a base for the Veritechs.

If Macross (the best option), would have to be more than one film.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

this one would be so awesome to go live action

Akira

Even though they say to consider this trailer a fan film who ever those fans are must have a huge budget and some serious skills

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

How are you going to iron chicken me when I already admitted to being your ats peter pan? LOL wise ole chick has plans I see =P

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

How are you going to iron chicken me when I already admitted to being your ats peter pan? LOL wise ole chick has plans I see =P

Haha...I missed the Peter Pan post in the page break...soooo...you're saying you thought I was a huge bitch?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

know you are nana daddy is an ass Ill be your ats peter pan, I ever make it back to the UK I know I just offer you a drink Im golden Ill be your peter pan and then I have a booze date to get hammed with truebrit.

I like you Ananna or nanny or mom depending on the spoken word, the research on the this....

. has not been finished

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Even though they say to consider this trailer a fan film who ever those fans are must have a huge budget and some serious skills

Incredible. Always thought it would translate well (so would Vampire Hunter D).
I just wonder if Akira would be just WAY too "high brow" to make big box office.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I am not really sure dude, akira is also the anime that most consider made it big in america even though the artist says he was most inspired by disney. I will say though that I hope for a great live macross (dont even get into the idea of certain sega genesis shooters even getting a comic or manga)

Akira to me was something amazing I never cared for dragon ball z after I saw this film as I as a child thought both the art and animation were very sub par and as I grew up I would make better.

EDIT
I should make a thread called I can't undo treated paper and show the 1000s of failed drawings, ruined paint brushes, and millions of beer cans for my own art, also along with a detailed playlist of scripted gallery walk throughs and animated movies playing in the back ground while I epically # up and have a general misunderstanding of both failure and self humility. I should also state while I was a child I once wanted to be both an astronaut and a comic artist, I am humbled as an adult knowing I can never be both.
edit on 2-6-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I should also state while I was a child I once wanted to be both an astronaut and a comic artist, I am humbled as an adult knowing I can never be both.

"No one ever knew what happened when Peter was away alone; but it looked as if he were having adventures. There may have been fights with Pirates, or with Grizzly Bears, or with Redskins: Peter sometimes came home with his head bandaged. Still, it was very difficult to tell if his adventures were real ones or make-believe; it was all the same to him."

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I am fairly certain I may need bandages for great failures in physical prowess or great rewards mother hen keeps said bandages behind the mirror. My success and failures, every single one of them, I own. I would be honored if you stitched my eye back together over a drink or two, Ill sit still while you sew.

I wish I could skype you grrrrrrr
edit on 3-6-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I wish I could skype you grrrrrrr

Nah...that's never gonna happen. I have two layers of tape over my web cam and no intention of ever removing them.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Samurai Pizza Cats!

Among others, most of which have already been mentioned in this thread

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

OMG! This is pretty awesome thread! All of my faves are here! I want to add:

The Adventures of Mark Twain
Little did I know what I was watching. OH man! The Mysterious Stranger and the heart shaped flowers from the garden of Eden are burnt into my memory! I feel like this programming as a child help shape my interest into all things esoteric. I see this was ban from TV, but I swear this was on like every other Sunday on cable when I was kid. I have always loved this movie.

And Fraggle Rock.. no reason needed

edit on 3-6-2016 by Istaywoke77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Istaywoke77
And Fraggle Rock.. no reason needed

I loved Fraggle Rock...even though I was probably already way too old for it (as I recall). Sprocket was fabulous.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Which reminds me...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Some bizarre stuff. I'm always amazed at what holds up, and what doesn't.

For example, there are some things I just loved as a kid, like Thundarr the Barbarian, that when seeing again, with adult eyes....just painful to watch.

Yet other things, like Robotech, that are still incredible stories. I rewatched all of the different series as an adult, and yes, Macross is still the best, but they did still hold up.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Do you recall the Conan barbarian cartoon where the focus was on star metal an co and sword turned people into snakes?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yeah, early 90's though, so my kids were born around then pretty much. I never watched it for more than curiosity, but do remember thinking it was about a decade too late. Of course, they had to sanitize it for millennials, so instead of killing foes, it banished them, and on the only episode I can ever recall.... the raping, pillaging Conan refused to join a pirate ship on the principle that they stole from people.... Man.... That was a big pussification of America moment, which is why I remember it.

I was like, what? Seriously? What's next, is Elmer Fudd going to have Bugs over for tea?
edit on 20-6-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join