It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating solutions where there are no problems(trans laws)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't know about you but I have never heard of a transgender person attacking a child in a bathroom despite the constant reminder that if transgender people can choose the bathroom they identify with then all of a sudden men everywhere will start molesting young girls in the bathroom. Also, not once have I heard anything about the safety of boys in their bathrooms but whatever.

Republicans are giving people the impression that without these extremely specific laws on the tiniest minority in America perverts everywhere will have free rein to do as they please in little girls' bathrooms. I don't understand, sexual assault is and has always been illegal. Bathroom laws aren't going to stop sexual predators and sexual predators don't look like transgender people. They look more unassuming like Jared from subway or former Republican speaker of the house Dennis Hastert.

Personally I think This whole thing is just a political tool to get people riled up and transgender people are just caught in the middle. Like building The Wall or Bernie sanders' economic ideas: they get a lot of people riled up and engaged but in truth there's no rational or realistic implementation of these ideas.
They're just political talking points.

The actual odds of someone running into a transgender person in the bathroom is extremely minimal and a lot of the times you wouldn't be able to tell the difference like those episodes of Jerry Springer where they have the crowd guess their sexe and they are often wrong. There is also the fact that these bathroom laws aren't enforceable, people don't walk around with their birth certificate. Requiring ID to go to a bathroom is stupid. And no way in hell the police are going to stand around bathrooms checking IDs because they have better sh*t to do than worry about which bathroom you want to take a sh*t in.

Personally I don't know much about transgender people, only that I've never had an issue with any transgender person I met. If Bruce wants to call himself Jenner that's fine with me, he's not bothering anyone. In the words of Hannibal Burress: I believe trans people should be getting whatever rights that are being denied to them, but I'm not changing my pronoun game for y'all.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Republicans are giving people the impression that without these extremely specific laws on the tiniest minority in America perverts everywhere will have free rein to do as they please in little girls' bathrooms.

Well since we are taking pot shots at each other.

I wonder why it is that the democrats don't see their EPIC cognitive dissonance whining about transgenders.

Every other day of the week they are saying our technology is killing the planet.

Every other day of the week they are saying our technology is killing the food supply.

Because we should ALL go au natural.

Then they turn around and beat everyone over the head with 'transgenders' the most un natural of things there is.

The transgender 'issues' is ludicrous.

After all it is that 'tiny' minority.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I wasn't taking pot shots I was just repeating what Ted Cruz and fox news have been saying. They're using transgender people to make people uncomfortable and riled up, and judging by the amount of threads on the subject. They're succeeding. I didn't say sh*t about pollution,global warming or the world's food supply...not that those aren't important issues, they just have nothing to do with transgender bathroom laws

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Since they are unnatural, it is a possibility that they cause climate change.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Personally I don't understand any of the uproar about this. Most sexual molestation comes from older men praying on young boys, both of which currently use the same bathroom. And in any case who is sending a child that's young enough to be taken without a struggle, into a public bathroom alone?

At the end of the day I don't care what sex you are or identify with, use whatever bathroom you want, just don't try to see my parts, and don't show me yours.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So your opinion that it isn't natural means people have some sort of cognitive dissonance?

None of what you said had anything to do with what is being said, and tbh they really didn't say anything about it until the laws started coming out from the other site Neo.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The biggest logical flaw I see in this whole mess is the obvious cognitive dissonance thought of promoting gender equality while still promoting gender segregation. It makes no damn sense in my mind and I don't understand how anyone can hold two opposing thoughts on the same subject.

It's baffling!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

None of what you said had anything to do with what is being said, and tbh they really didn't say anything about it until the laws started coming out from the other site Neo.

And the issue is WHAT ?

We have had over 100 years of financial REGULATIONS that targeted a specfic group of people by the flip side of the coin.

Those SAME people dished out another 80 years of REGULATIONS on another group of people called gun owners.

And how long have we been talking about transgenders ?

A week ?

So.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Since they are unnatural, it is a possibility that they cause climate change.

I thought it was all the HOT AIR from American politics that caused it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

And now you are on about bankers and guns... of course.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
No money in peace.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah well they are PEOPLE too.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
WHAAAAAAT?

Horrible jokes aside, you should phrase yourself better. I imagine most people have no idea what your comments are about. And god I hope you didn't just equate gun owners to an oppressed ppl...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

Yeah well they are.

Considering ALL the rules, and regulations that govern their actions.

When Transgenders approach over 80 years of being told what they can or can't do.

And have to ask the state for permission to use the restroom. Like a person has to ask the state for permission to buy a weapon.

They MIGHT have something to snip about.
edit on 24-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I am curious to know what it is you folks think happend here. Do you honestly believe that a group of republicans woke up one day and said, well, we have nipped that global warming bull# in the bud, let's attack the LGBT crowd today!

I'm almost frightened to think that is what's going through your mind.

See, this all started when someone complained about a transgender kid doing something they had been doing for a while. When that happened, a group, now known as the Social Justice Warriors, stepped up and decided the transgender people needed a voice. So they started to try to enact laws that would make it fine for anyone who identified as "other" do use whatever facility, shower, locker room, ect...they wished. Well, the republicans and all their "family values" nonsense decided that was a really, really stupid thing to do, so they blocked it. In doing so, they pissed off every liberal on the planet. Now, we have an entire country that seems to be hell bent on making this issue where a tiny percentage of the world needs some special consideration, and we all just have to deal with it. (we all, being the 99.whatever percentage of people who identify as the junk they were born with)

So while Christian republicans are indeed horned beasts with cloven hooves, they didn't start this fiasco. Some crybaby did.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0Personally I think This whole thing is just a political tool to get people riled up and transgender people are just caught in the middle.

This would be correct, save for maybe a select few TG folks who are overdramatic activists and just want to be loud.

I think neo96's point is valid, though--you talk about TG folks being the "tiniest majority" of the population and how ridiculous it is to focus laws around them, but you disregard the fact that it is the progressives who started this battle of forcing issues around the feelings of TG folks to begin with. The opposition is just a reaction (albeit somewhat over-reactive) to the ridiculous foundation of the progressive argument that TG folks need all of this coddling and protection.

Personally, if I were a TG individual, I'd take offense to a political group thinking that I need them to hold my hand through life, or at least into the bathroom.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The US government enjoys its culture wars.

Divide and conquer. Meanwhile, the notion of enforcing bathroom laws baffles even the best of them. I mean....you can make any law regarding how to poop you want. How do you enforce it?

Its just stupid. Which is sad....because people are sucked in so easily to the stupid.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I can see a whole new branch of government. The PP. (or potty police)
instead of tasers and guns, they can have plungers to chase out the unwanted rif raff of the bathroom community.
I see it as a potential GS13 or GS14 pay grade to start. And of course we will need supervisors.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I like what another poster said, make a third or fourth bathroom that says confused. It's a lot more effective, has less overall risk and is less expensive than stepping on 98% of the population's rights for the sake of the 2%. The demands have to stop otherwise society will lose cohesion and degrade in an even more rapid manner. But maybe that is the point of all this tripe.

What is going on here is analogous to the wants of the big toe controlling the actions and behavior of the rest of the body.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/24.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

maybe deploy body scanners at points of ingress.

nothing makes me want government involvement more than the prospect of having to take off my shoes and enter a bathroom bare foot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join