It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW2 Buffs, I need help finding sources for a project

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Even though the idiot was a chicken farmer prior to Hitlers rise, Himmler was an occultist.

I would think you could find some info if anyone bothered to keep it.

Think about it, a chicken farmer (Himmler), a cripple, not my word THIERS. Joseph. (Goebbles).

And a drug addict. Specifically to morphine. (Goering)

Jeez Louise.

Idiots.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I used to love reading war comics as a kid , www.commandocomics.com...

I spent a fair amount of my pocket money on them i only wish i had held on to them as they are quite collectable now

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

This is going to come in handy.., I got ideas already!!!!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I used to love reading war comics as a kid , www.commandocomics.com...

I spent a fair amount of my pocket money on them i only wish i had held on to them as they are quite collectable now

The artstyle I am going to do is something I never have shown ATS but it is going to be something alright. The older comics from the 50s and 60s are awesome in their own rights.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

www.beyondweird.com...

Might give you a few good ideas

What a great site. Thanks

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I can't add much but for a reference to a book called 'Spear of Destiny'. A mite speculative, yes, but it might be of interest. I look forward to seeing how your project progresses.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Hey Johnny its been awhile since we crossed paths I still think American booze is better then that second rate Canuck stuff lol jk buddy hope you are well. Thanks for the link, this is going to be on my library list when I go tomorrow after my job interview. It is funny you made this reference because I came across this looking around on my own too and it definitely fits the type of thing I am looking for. I hope to be able to create something awesome now I have a team and we are all talented in what we each do respectively. I'm not sure if you saw what I have done on my own so far but it is available here in my sig but this piece i going to be ATS material in story when I am finished. As I mentioned earlier I have to talk to the team and see if they are ok with putting pix here first but I want to give back to those that gave to me.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

you might want to check into the Thule Society, The Vril Society, and as one poster said himmler and his Black knights and Wewelsburg Castle.
one book i know of is, though it's not on a collegiate level it's said to be pretty good.

Library Journal
In this biography of Heinrich Himmler, creator of the SS and thoroughgoing villain, the author makes much of Himmler's interest in the occult and his attempts to re-create a somewhat bizarre version of the pre-Christian Teutonic religion. Some readers may be interested in the accounts of archaeologists funded by the Ahnenerbe (the Nazi historical research bureau) to establish a foundation for Nazi mythology and institutionalize the creed of Aryan superiority. Indiana Jones, this is not, but another take on Nazi leaders, somewhat sensationalized. Not enough meat for serious World War II students, but it may be popular among general readers.
Hitler's Master of the Dark Arts: Himmler's Black Knights and the Occult Origins of the SS

ETA: here is a tid bit,. look into the SS symbol and the Black Sun.
edit on 15-5-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: one more, it's kinda all over the place, lots of links and articles.
The Occult History Of the Third Reich
edit on 15-5-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Thank you for sharing, I have been looking into those groups for a while but the problem with them is, is that I can't get first hand info I want it from the time period but again that is an area which is surprisingly difficult to get raw info about online. It is all 3rd party info so far and most of the info I do get seems to basically be copy paste from each other, so odd. I will look into it more though and I am greatful for the contribution!!!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
check out the last edit in my last post. lots of stuff there.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I've only been browsing this for a minute or two and I must say I am going to extract an awful lot out of this Thank you for that link on your edit!!!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

your welcome, when i found that site a few years back i thought it was loaded with stuff i hadn't seen before

i use to be into all that for a while when i was younger, not so much now.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I require this sort of reading to help me create a better work of art, at the very least I want it to be appealing to all groups and want to stay away from the nazi stigma even though they are the ones propelling the story by things that actually happened in real life before the war. I hope I can find and articulate the most compelling and interesting aspects of that and the dark webs of early American intelligence.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I require this sort of reading to help me create a better work of art, at the very least I want it to be appealing to all groups and want to stay away from the nazi stigma even though they are the ones propelling the story by things that actually happened in real life before the war. I hope I can find and articulate the most compelling and interesting aspects of that and the dark webs of early American intelligence.

Just off the top of my head...the Nazis were real big on creating hard symbolism out of emotion, and totally cold as far as the value of human life was concerned. Pragmatism is not the word...but know where I'm going on this? Eugenics, the holocaust...totally cold. Machine logic.

So where does 'magic' and the supernatural fold into this? I don't think I've ever seen this dichotomy adequately addressed.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

The inner circle of hitlers top brass were all into black magic and occult, look up himmlers castle and the lore behind that. The vision hitler had really is the stuff of a horror fantasy comic book but he really did these things in real life. I won't say where I am reading because of the content of the site in its entirety but the discussion and deep research even talks about the jews being gods people were actually murdered as blood sacrifices to the demons the inner circle believed to be in contact with. Of coarse I am not making a documentary I am making a comic book but I want to be accurate for the time period and the political and accurate occultist over tones. Some of the things involved with their occultist mentalities I have been reading is absolutely bat # crazy and I have a hard time swallowing that this is the truth.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
One of my closest friends is an absolute expert on nazism. I could possibly give you his email but I am uncertain he would be appreciative of that.

He lent me several books before. One was called 'Morning of the Magicians', which he said was primarily drivel, but that *most* of the nazi section was accurate. It went into the pre-war "Aryan trace" across the globe and such.

There are also several documentaries, although most are garbage. The good ones I think were called 'The Occult Conspiracy' and 'Occult History of the Third Reich'.

He went and copied a ton of files from Peenemunde. Very creepy stuff.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Hey thanks for the info, your avatar looks like a drawing I once saw in an old book from my childhood church involving a battle involving the philistine army before David, highlighting what brought that army to the gate. Neat man!!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Oh, also in your research, you will find a lot more info if you search pre-WW1 German/Austrian history by the way. It's what led to those couple blemishes in human history. That info is also hard to find without bias, but it's easier to find overall.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Thanks for the tip, as it is, I have a whole week of reading. I am willing to show you guys here how I take artist notes on things I want to use in the form of sketches and annotation.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
One of the things to look at would be the Ahnenerbe. The Nazi institute started to research the archaeological and cultural history of the Aryan race. They conducted expeditions before the war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join