It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW2 Buffs, I need help finding sources for a project

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Dear WW2 gurus of ATS,

Some of you may know me through the boards as the angry honey badger madly posting in the art forum so this is a bit different I am here. Anyways what I am doing is I have an opportunity to work on a professional grade short comic in which I am writing and illustrating. The problem I am having is designing the story around the Office of Naval Intelligence and the Nazi's hunt for supernatural objects and religious relics of significance. I was hoping that maybe someone here would have sources that would be invaluable to my research in this regard.

What I am looking for is sources you would feel comfortable using on a collegiate grade paper. The criteria I am trying to focus on is:
Pre-ww2 Germany, and their fascination with the occult.
ONI and if they ever spied on these teams looking for these objects.
Any and all information that involves the occult influences and the politics of the time.
Sources which highlight news articles and propaganda of the time period.

Any help in this regard would be really excellent, If sources are provided to me here I would also like to use this thread to discuss the things I learn and or have questions about. Thank you ATS as you guys and gals here have always been so generous to me, any help with research will garner a shout out on the Special Thanks credit page.

-The mean nasty ass Honey Badger

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
I have a bunch of info saved on my laptop about WW1 and WW2 Germany, I'll see if any of it is related. Hitler did have Wulff and Krafft that he apparently trusted, though honestly I didn't do research in that area. Those a re a couple names that just were involved in this aspect

Here's a couple links that might give some help

link 1
link 2

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Thank you so much! My best sources so far I have been reading and studying the architecture of Wewelsburg (grail) castle that himmler re did and was having difficulty finding collegiate sources. I can't wait to dig through it and be back to discuss. I will also be providing early art for this short comic here as well so others may be able to point out and discrepancies with things like, political points, vehicles, architecture, uniforms/fashion of the period, and weapons/ equipment. Again thank you!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I will say this, finding accurate information about 1900 era Germany is NOT easy, at all.

I wanted to make a thread on 1900's Germany, but I ran into so much disinfo I stopped.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I keep running into revisionist history and Jewish sympathizer accounts. I am looking for the raw deal not opinion pieces so if you run across any I am all about it.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Just to maybe give you a spot to consider would be the Jesuit connection .Not sure you can get a lot of visual symbols from there but it is a trail that might yield up a crumb or two . These images may help as well ...www.google.ca... Q_AUIBygC
edit on 15-5-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
do you think the reasons you know very little about Germany before the wars is because they lost.

"history is written by winners"
Walter Benjamin

although i did find this......
www.pdfarchive.info...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thank you for the contribution, the scope of the projects timeline is before the War starts. I am willing to give a basic premise but I can't really say much more then this;

The story is about a select team of Hitlers and Himmlers inner circle that are appointed to find supernatural artifacts to create a weapon that will conquer the world with out starting a war. The Nazi team is followed from a special Observation group from ONI (office of Naval Intelligence) to report on activity and sabotage or assassinate if necassary. The artifact in this episode is actually going to be the sanctuary of the fallen angels (bena-ha-elohim) so it is a fantasy comic but I want to be as historically acurate for the time period, political situation, the occultists of the period, and all locations, uniforms, vehicles, and fashion, etc.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
do you think the reasons you know very little about Germany before the wars is because they lost.

Walter Benjamin

www.pdfarchive.info...

The sentiment is irrelevant to my need for raw research but thank you for the source! On a side note though I thought that information I need would be a lot more available you are on point that I know very little for some reason, maybe that is why IDK.

DUDE this source looks very promising, If you lived near by Id buy you a beer man TY again

edit on 15-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

yes i thought so myself thats why i saved it to my bookmarks, will prob take a look at it myself.
your welcome bud,
all the best.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

Walter Benjamin

www.pdfarchive.info...

Exactly, history cannot be deleted, but it sure can be repressed.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

www.beyondweird.com...

Might give you a few good ideas

Hess himself was the last living Nazi giant, the last enigma, unable to communicate with the outside world, forbidden to talk with his son about political events, his diary taken away from him each day to be destroyed, his letters censored and scissored to excise illicit content.

www.veteranstoday.com...

The bulldozers were already standing by to wreck Spandau jail within hours of his decease, so that no place of Nazi pilgrimage remained.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Awesome angle friend thank you for bringing me substance.

I appreciate all the help so far!!!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Glad to help a fellow member of ATS

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Stay tuned, when I finish this It is going to be some serious eye candy so it also needs the diligence in creating a realistic world from the past. I want to truly effect the present by making this fantasy world, and scenario based in reality. You can see what I do in my signature or go to my profile.

After I finish maybe I will ask the staff to put an exclusive in RATS idk how that works yet but since I am asking for help here I think it appropriate to give something back, I have to talk to the other artist, and dialogue writer on the team if they are comfortable with this first though.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The artifact in this episode is actually going to be the sanctuary of the fallen angels (bena-ha-elohim) so it is a fantasy comic but I want to be as historically acurate for the time period, political situation, the occultists of the period, and all locations, uniforms, vehicles, and fashion, etc.
Ok then one of your go to guy's might be Dr. Micheal Heiser . He has a ton of stuff using lots of ancient sources . drmsh.com... Follow his links and sources and that may help .

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I'm going to have to check the library for this guy!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

A great idea with a ton of stuff to choose from , looking forward to seeing it come to life

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

A great idea with a ton of stuff to choose from , looking forward to seeing it come to life

Me too, I want to break out into this industry and I want to come out of my corner swinging violently and accurately.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The Chiemsee Cauldron was discovered in 2001 by a local diver at the bottom of Lake Chiemsee, about 200m from the shore near Arlaching, Chieming municipality. It was initially suspected to be some 2,000 years old, judging by its Celtic-style decoration and its similarity to the Gundestrup cauldron. However, when the artifact was passed along to Ludwig Wamser of the Bavarian State Archaeological Collection to be analyzed, it was identified as a 20th-century creation, possibly made during the Nazi era. This seemed to be confirmed by a witness; the senior director of the Munich jeweller's company Theodor Heiden stated that the company's goldsmith, Alfred Notz, before his death in the 1960s, had told him about a "golden cauldron weighing more than 10 kg, with a figurative ornament and manufactured by means of the paddle and anvil technique," which had been manufactured in Heiden's workshop between 1925 and 1939

en.wikipedia.org...

I thought this might be interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join