It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools reject Obama transgender decree: ‘Straight into the paper shredder’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Obama administration is issuing a decree today on transgender bathrooms in federally funded schools that demands officials allow transgender students to use whatever facilities they choose.

The directive from Assistant Secretary of Education for Civil Rights Catherine Lhamon, and Vanita Gupta, leader of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, cites federal Title IX in arguing that “nondiscrimination on the basis of sex requires schools to provide transgender students equal access to educational programs and activities even in circumstances in which other students, parents, or community members raise objections or concerns,” The Washington Post reports.

The blowback has been immediate, and fierce.

“I got news for President Barack Obama,” Texas’ Port Neches-Groves Superintendent Rodney Canvass told 12News. “He ain’t my president and he can’t tell me what to do. The letter is going straight into the paper shredder.”

It's good to see there's still common sense in the USA. Is the US federal government going to sue every state, every school district? Of course not. School districts need to ignore this decree.

The children need to be protected, all of them. If there are a few special needs students of the type discussed above, let them use the staff restrooms. Do people want to make everyone suffer so a few students here and there can be more comfortable?

The following video sums it up pretty well for me.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
If there are a few special needs students of the type discussed above, let them use the staff restrooms.

Separate but Equal

It's worked so well in the past.

(post by Sargeras removed for a manners violation)
+46 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Nearly every school I know has a nurse's office and a single seat restroom within that can give any student the privacy they need to do their business. It really isn't so much that these people want to use the restroom, but that our Government is out of control and steam rolling states.

I am glad the schools are telling Emperor Obama to stuff it and his agenda.

+18 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If there are a few special needs students of the type discussed above, let them use the staff restrooms.

Separate but Equal

It's worked so well in the past.

Build them their own super duper way better than the rest of us restrooms if they want. Just stop the insanity.

+5 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This Dude is Awesome. I agree with him!

Someone needs to invite this guy to ATS.

This guy is Wise, and i totally relate to what he's saying.

I am proud of this man and his standing up like he is. We need more Men and Women like this to stand up.
edit on 5/15/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I do believe that Profusion has a point, if only on the grounds of student safety. I'm not sure what kind of experience you had growing up in school, but I was picked on a bit. It doesn't take a huge leap of the imagination to see major problems arising out of a miniscule population (aka, minority) of gender dysphoric students using the same facilities as normal students. Kids can be cruel.
edit on 15-5-2016 by MiddleInitial because: Edited for clarity

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Just stop the insanity.

Exactly. At this point, I'll do whatever it is they want us to do.

Just shut the f# up already. Gold plated commode? You got it. Personal massage while you deuce? No problem! How about a shoe shine with that, sir?

Anything to make it stop. I can't take it anymore.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

I do believe that Profusion has a point, if only on the grounds of student safety. I'm not sure what kind of experience you had growing up in school, but I was picked on a bit. It doesn't take a huge leap of the imagination to see major problems arising out of a miniscule population (aka, minority) of gender dysphoric students using the same facilities as normal students. Kids can be cruel.

There were transgender kids in school. They used the bathroom they identified with. There was no issue ---- until a paranoid adult threw a fit.

Get over yourselves.

+41 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

There were transgender kids in school. They used the bathroom they identified with. There was no issue ---- until a paranoid adult threw a fit.

Get over yourselves.

or the minority so small it might as well not exist can get over themselves?

Which seems easier, all of society gets upended or these tiny few folks get some act right?

Which takes more effort, 300,000,000 upending their values enmass to accommodate a few mentally ill, or a few mentally ill learn to act right?

+46 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Get over yourselves.

Your attitude to this is 90% of the problem. Conform to what I want or else doesn't get results. The more you push your agenda the more push back you will get...it's common sense.

Stop acting like a bully.

edit on 2016/5/15 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Obama administration is issuing a decree today on transgender bathrooms in federally funded schools that demands officials allow transgender students to use whatever facilities they choose.

The directive from Assistant Secretary of Education for Civil Rights Catherine Lhamon, and Vanita Gupta, leader of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, cites federal Title IX in arguing that “nondiscrimination on the basis of sex requires schools to provide transgender students equal access to educational programs and activities even in circumstances in which other students, parents, or community members raise objections or concerns,” The Washington Post reports.

The blowback has been immediate, and fierce.

“I got news for President Barack Obama,” Texas’ Port Neches-Groves Superintendent Rodney Canvass told 12News. “He ain’t my president and he can’t tell me what to do. The letter is going straight into the paper shredder.”

It's good to see there's still common sense in the USA.

Not sure I'd consider the phrase "he ain't my president" a huge indicator of common sense, but I can still appreciate the sentiment & the thread. S&F.
edit on 15-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

+33 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Everything liberal these days is separate but "equal".

Affirmative action: separate but equal.
College "safe spaces": separate but equal.

Modern black people now want segregation willingly.. you can't make this stuff up.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

It's nice that your school was like that. I'm curious to know where you were raised and what years you were in school. My school wasn't as nice. Some of the alpha male/jock types at my high school thought I was gay and kicked me around for it. In middle school I was a "dork" and I got kicked around for it. Thank God, back in elementary school I was kinda cool and didn't take lots of flak, but I remember those that weren't so lucky. ALL I'm saying is that this is one instance that I'm actually in favor of a "safe space", given that we're talking about schoolchildren.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Pretty much sums it up. A Dictator by self decree is by definition not a President of the US.Just another of his "fundamental changes" without representation.

edit on 5/15/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Utter insanity. No school needs to listen to this empirical decree. He can't legislate from the executive branch so Obama needs to shut the heck up.

Not only is it wrong and moronic to allow boys or girls into opposite sex restrooms and locker rooms in and of itself... But any one with common sense knows that all of the normal straight kids will be going into each other's bathrooms and locker rooms and having sex at school all the time!!! You can't allow them to do that and you can't shaparone every bathroom and locker room to make sure that doesn't happen.
edit on 5/15/2016 by eriktheawful because: Edited name chane of the President.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join