It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salon: Hillary Clinton’s problem isn’t Bernie Sanders. It’s Hillary Clinton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Look no further than the 2000 election, when another policy-wonk Democrat with little charm or charisma—Al Gore—failed to ride his impressive credentials to the White House. Gore, a two-term vice president with prior lengthy service in both the Senate and House, lost to an anti-intellectual GOP opponent with no Washington experience. Sound familiar?

Many Democrats are having difficulty accepting the fact that Clinton, despite her résumé, is a weak politician. In this state of denial, their defense of Clinton becomes aggressive, as they lash out at Bernie Sanders for staying in the race, implying that Clinton has earned the right to glide to the finish line unopposed.
This is one weak nominee: Hillary Clinton’s problem isn’t Bernie Sanders. It’s Hillary Clinton

When a news outlet like Salon is turning on Hillary Clinton...Oh, my! What does it mean?

You would have expected a liberal stalwart like Salon to go down with the Clinton ship (if necessary), right?

Articles like the above, all happening in quick succession, are leading me to the conclusion that Hillary Clinton is being hung out to dry.

I don't see how any Hillary Clinton supporter can see this as a good sign...

Something is up, and the other shoe is about to drop IMHO.

Incidentally, please note the name of the author of the story above, "DAVID NIOSE." It looks like "Divide Noise" to me. I can almost guarantee that's a pseudonym. The following page has links to all of the author's stories:

DAVID NIOSE

All three are very controversial. They're the kinds of articles that someone may not want their name on.

In this case, putting the author's real name on the article could be fatal.
edit on 14-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
We have to wonder if these sites that normally support Democrats are trying the same tactics we see from Republicans knocking Trump.

Seems Trump keeps adding popularity with each attack against him.

Maybe Salon is attempting to actually get votes for Hillary.

This entire 2016 election has been ass backwards and we can not rule out wild tactics.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sometimes the big old wart on the face just grows too big to ignore. Hillary's has reached the size that even her heretofore supporters can't ignore.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It seems like Hillary supporters everywhere are getting more and more nervous about her. They won't admit it...but they are.

I hear it talking to family and friends who support(ed) her early on..Some are less outspoken about her than they used to be..and others have changed their minds, now talking up Sanders...and Trump.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary supporters here on ATS are secretly getting very worried.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Interesting per chance they could be playing a game similar to Trump. Hillary is often being presented as the underdog, so with that it's not so far off. Though, that may not matter as a writer going against her can end up "suicided" despite it.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I hope you're right.

They MIGHT be trying to air all the dirty laundry early in the scheme of things . . . and then do a full court press on the public conditioned to construe anything older than 15 seconds of sound bites as ancient and probably false history.

Sigh.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It seems like Hillary supporters everywhere are getting more and more nervous about her. They won't admit it...but they are.

Why would an ordinary (non-elite) person be nervous about whether Clinton is going to be the Democratic nominee or not?

I think Sanders is head and shoulders above Clinton in almost every way. If the nominee ends up being Biden, what would be the significant differences between Biden and Clinton (outside of the fact that Biden is head and shoulders above Clinton in almost every way)?

In such a case, I would say, "I have my preference for this candidate but if they don't get the nomination, it hardly matters." That's how I look at how a Clinton supporter would be seeing Sanders and Biden.

I'm asking you for what Clinton supporters see as such big differences between the candidates that it would make them "nervous" about her getting the nomination.

Is it just her gender?

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Interesting per chance they could be playing a game similar to Trump. Hillary is often being presented as the underdog, so with that it's not so far off. Though, that may not matter as a writer going against her can end up "suicided" despite it.

I think the use of an obvious pseudonym by the author of the article proves that Salon and their writers are well aware of that.

And people want Clinton to be POTUS?

edit on 14-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Is it just her gender?

Surely you jest. How about her blatant criminality?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Salon is absolutely left biased, but they aren't stupidly blind like some of their counterparts.

Clinton camp wants Bernie to drop out so Clinton can solidify their base and Bernie was asked about it and said "Don't complain to me about Clintons problems".

Clinton will be the nominee, but we all know that is due to the super delegates and not the people's votes.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
My sense is there is less confidence in Clinton automatically getting the Presidency than there was earlier. People who used to dismiss Trump are now seeing him as an actual threat.
People who never even considered Sanders as competition for Hillary...consider him more viable and sincere.

I think many of her supporters would, given truth serum, admit she is unscrupulous and probably corrupt...but still hate Republicans enough to still pull the lever for her.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

We still have 6 months to go and we have only just shone the spotlight on Hillarys closet - we are yet to open it and behold all the skeletons in their glory.

IMO, the Democrats could very well hand the Presidency to Trump if they give Hillary the nomination, when it comes to the voters choice, the only chance for democratic success against the Trumpet in 2016 is the Bern.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

We still have 6 months to go and we have only just shone the spotlight on Hillarys closet - we are yet to open it and behold all the skeletons in their glory.

IMO, the Democrats could very well hand the Presidency to Trump if they give Hillary the nomination, when it comes to the voters choice, the only chance for democratic success against the Trumpet in 2016 is the Bern.

THAT thinking is what I'm sensing more and more from Democrats these days.
I'm assuming liberal media is beginning to also reflect this sentiment.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I like beating up on Hillary...because I believe she deserves it...but, as a Republican, I have worries that if justice is finally served and Crooked Hillary goes down, I'd be very pleased about that because the Clinton's are corrupt as hell...but, then, Sanders (a populist candidate like Trump) might actually do better in the general against Trump than Hillary would have.
edit on 14-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I like beating up on Hillary...because I believe she deserves it...but, as a Republican, I have worries the if justice is served and Crooked Hillary goes down...Sanders (a populist candidate like Trump) might actually do better than Hillary in the General.

I have this real sense that Hillary is going to be disqualified if not forcibly removed. It will be right around the DNC convention. Joe Biden will be placed in her position and pick up right where she left off.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

That's one Obama establishment clone candidate for another; Zero sum gain.
THIS election is all about throwing out the establishment.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Actually,

IF the gritchy one had even as little as

0.0000000001% of a microgram of personal insight

and/or

0.0000000001% of a microgram of humility

and/or

0.0000000001% of a microgram of integrity

She'd have bowed out with her forked tail between her legs long ago.

She is CERTAINLY her own worst enemy.

edit on 14/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: fix

edit on 14/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

That's one Obama establishment clone candidate for another; Zero sum gain.
THIS election is all about throwing out the establishment.

But, Hillary is winning so far with the delegates and super delegates. I don't think they will jump ship and go with Bernie if Biden steps up to the plate.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I think the use of an obvious pseudonym by the author of the article proves that Salon and their writers are well aware of that. And people want Clinton to be POTUS?

If there's any truth to the "death list" claims (most likely) can never be too careful. Any writers involved may want to distance themselves despite the pseudonym which I'm sure an investigator can find those responsible if need be.

Yeah, I don't get it either, things like this may hopefully open their eyes.
edit on 14-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: quote issue.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Salon is absolutely left biased, but they aren't stupidly blind like some of their counterparts.

Clinton camp wants Bernie to drop out so Clinton can solidify their base and Bernie was asked about it and said "Don't complain to me about Clintons problems".

Clinton will be the nominee, but we all know that is due to the super delegates and not the people's votes.

Bernie is well within his rights to say that. He has kept his campaign on the issues and off her issues. It's hardly an attack he's overusing.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join