It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls out Stephanopolous for Clinton friendship during interview

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This was epic. Stephanopolous always acts like the smarmy punk when he interviews Trump. Trump is always gracious in dealing with George, despite knowing that GS is a Hillary cheerleader, worked in Bill Clinton's admin, and donated $75,000 to the shady Clinton Foundation. Until this morning, when during an interview GS kept pressing Trump about releasing tax returns, which is a fair question. But GS keeps harping on it. And Trump counters with Hillary releasing emails and Wall Street speech transcripts. Then GS jumps to her defense. Big mistake. Trump calls out GS's friendship with Hillary. Soon after GS ends the interview. GS has that 'deer in the headlights' look after Trump points out the friendship. I love it when talking heads are called out for their bias and hypocrisy.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

To be fair Trump has donated to Hillary and praised her in the past. Though he was never at the level of Hillary groupy that GS is.

It was fun watching GS get called out.
I don't think anyone won on this one.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

To be fair Trump has donated to Hillary and praised her in the past. Though he was never at the level of Hillary groupy that GS is.

True enough. But GS is part of the MSM and supposed to be unbiased. He's already been disallowed from moderating any Dem-Rep debates. Trump has admitted donating to Clinton. GS failed to disclose.

However, the controversy over ABC’s George Stephanopoulos having failed to disclose his hefty recent donations of at least $75,000 to the Clinton Foundation piques my curiosity for a couple of different reason

For most conservatives, it is obvious what’s really going on here. George Stephanopoulos, a former top political aide to Bill Clinton, is so in the tank for the Clintons that he is literally paying them money. He is even doing so through a foundation which has become so controversial that the “news anchor” was forced to defend it in a prominent interview he did with the author of a book on the subject (who is now asking for a “redo” of that interview).

www.mediaite.com...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Didn't Stephanopolis also join Bill Clinton at convicted sex offender, Jeffery Epstein's 'Lolita Island' in 2010?
If true, I hope they never crossed swords.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Pretty much all the big anchors in main stream media are former Democrat operatives or connect to the Democratic party in some way. It's a revolving door from the party to the media and sometimes back again.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So here we have 2 turds slugging it out in the punch bowl.

Im only a little ashamed to admit I enjoyed Trump's comments on the matter. Stephanopolous used his former position with the Clintons to get his news job.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Didn't Stephanopolis also join Bill Clinton at convicted sex offender, Jeffery Epstein's 'Lolita Island' in 2010?
If true, I hope they never crossed swords.

Yep.

George Stephanopoulos joined Bill Clinton at Pedo Island

www.fireandreamitchell.com...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

When did press secretary become a top political aid. Someone has been practicing creative writing. Not you. Whomever wrote that piece.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

When did press secretary become a top political aid. Someone has been practicing creative writing. Not you. Whomever wrote that piece.

I guess it's all semantics, tomato - tomahto. His Wikipedia bio says he was an advisor. Political aid? Advisor? Looks like he had a lot more involvement in Bill's admin than just a periphery role in the '92 and '96 campaigns.

Stephanopoulos was, along with David Wilhelm and James Carville, a leading member of Clinton's 1992 U.S. presidential campaign. His role on the campaign is portrayed in the documentary film The War Room (1993).

Later, he was moved to Senior Advisor on Policy and Strategy, when Myers began personally conducting the briefings (following several verbal missteps by Stephanopoulos), and Mark Gearan was brought in as the new White House Communications Director.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: watchitburn

True enough. But GS is part of the MSM and supposed to be unbiased. He's already been disallowed from moderating any Dem-Rep debates. Trump has admitted donating to Clinton. GS failed to disclose.

However, the controversy over ABC’s George Stephanopoulos having failed to disclose his hefty recent donations of at least $75,000 to the Clinton Foundation piques my curiosity for a couple of different reason

For most conservatives, it is obvious what’s really going on here. George Stephanopoulos, a former top political aide to Bill Clinton, is so in the tank for the Clintons that he is literally paying them money. He is even doing so through a foundation which has become so controversial that the “news anchor” was forced to defend it in a prominent interview he did with the author of a book on the subject (who is now asking for a “redo” of that interview).

www.mediaite.com...

Since when was msm unbiased? Not since I've been born. ..

That George Str. ..fk his name, has always creeper me out.

Something about him, his energy and look always gave me weird vibes.

Just another day in political mud slinging in the great USA. . .

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is a bit hypocritical of Trump. Not only were the Clintons part of Trump's wedding festivities when he was married for the third time, so were members of the media.

Clinton had a front-pew seat at the Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach for the wedding on Jan. 22, 2005. People magazine said that the 450-person guest list included former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and media and entertainment personalities like Katie Couric, Matt Lauer, Simon Cowell, Regis Philbin, Kelly Ripa, Star Jones and Barbara Walters.

www.politifact.com...

But no one talked about the bias and hypocrisy when Trump went on 20/20 with Barbera Walters.

Donald Trump, his wife Melania and four of his children all sat down with Barbara Walters for an interview on ABC News’ “20/20” to talk about their family, home life, and how they feel about Trump’s run for the White House.

abcnews.go.com...

Or how about the time he went on the Today show with Matt Lauer?

GOP front-runner Donald Trump — with his family at this side — paid a visit Thursday morning to the TODAY Plaza to answer voters' questions in a live town hall.

www.today.com...

Hypocrisy all around. Trump, Hillary and a huge number of the media elites are all part of this hypocrisy.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

GS has that 'deer in the headlights' look after Trump points out the friendship.

If you look very carefully, you can see that he is actually switching between the 'deer in the headlights' look and brutal inner rage.

soulwaxer

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This is a bit hypocritical of Trump. Not only were the Clintons part of Trump's wedding festivities when he was married for the third time, so were members of the media.

Clinton had a front-pew seat at the Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach for the wedding on Jan. 22, 2005. People magazine said that the 450-person guest list included former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and media and entertainment personalities like Katie Couric, Matt Lauer, Simon Cowell, Regis Philbin, Kelly Ripa, Star Jones and Barbara Walters.

www.politifact.com...

But no one talked about the bias and hypocrisy when Trump went on 20/20 with Barbera Walters.

Donald Trump, his wife Melania and four of his children all sat down with Barbara Walters for an interview on ABC News’ “20/20” to talk about their family, home life, and how they feel about Trump’s run for the White House.

abcnews.go.com...

Or how about the time he went on the Today show with Matt Lauer?

GOP front-runner Donald Trump — with his family at this side — paid a visit Thursday morning to the TODAY Plaza to answer voters' questions in a live town hall.

www.today.com...

Hypocrisy all around. Trump, Hillary and a huge number of the media elites are all part of this hypocrisy.

How is this hypocritical when Trump doesn't deny this. There's the difference... George hides it while pretending to be an unbiased journalist on a major morning news show.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

GS has that 'deer in the headlights' look after Trump points out the friendship.

If you look very carefully, you can see that he is actually switching between the 'deer in the headlights' look and brutal inner rage.

soulwaxer

Can't help but think Trump goes through the same feelings when confronted on his relationship with the Clintons and past as a democrat. George may have helped Hillary a smidge. But it remains to be seen how much Trump helps Hillary (or democrats, in general, if Bernie is The Chosen One).

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

How is this hypocritical when Trump doesn't deny this.

He doesn't deny it? When was he asked about Walters and Lauer being at his wedding, yet still conducting those interviews?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
GS is a little DNC bought and paid for turd, He conveniently ignored Trump's question about him being Hillary's Jabba the hut lap dog. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

This was epic. Stephanopolous always acts like the smarmy punk when he interviews Trump. Trump is always gracious in dealing with George, despite knowing that GS is a Hillary cheerleader, worked in Bill Clinton's admin, and donated $75,000 to the shady Clinton Foundation. Until this morning, when during an interview GS kept pressing Trump about releasing tax returns, which is a fair question. But GS keeps harping on it. And Trump counters with Hillary releasing emails and Wall Street speech transcripts. Then GS jumps to her defense. Big mistake. Trump calls out GS's friendship with Hillary. Soon after GS ends the interview. GS has that 'deer in the headlights' look after Trump points out the friendship. I love it when talking heads are called out for their bias and hypocrisy.

I hope you feel the same way about the FOX crew who kiss Trump’s behind

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

They may kiss Trump's behind, but they haven't donated $75,000 to his campaign and then deny it. The whole Fox crew kisses his behind . Does that include Megyn Kelly?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

They do strive for the best and brightest. Rachel Maddow as an example.
edit on 5152016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Creeper you out?

Uh huh.
I always thought he was kind of cute myself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join