It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Highway Confrontation Between Marines - Shots Fired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Two Marine MP's stationed in Quantico Virgina were inolved in an altercation on the interstate with another Marine and his family. After 90 miles of exchanged insults and reckless driving the marine driving with his family pulled out a MAC-90 assault rifle and sprayed three or four shots into the other marines car. One of the occupants was struck with a bullet fragment but wasn't hurt badly.

www.kentucky.com
Abraham Cerpa, 20, his wife, Catherine, and her 5- and 6-year-old children were en route from Camp Lejeune, N.C., to Chicago when the trouble started.

Around the time they entered Kentucky from West Virginia, they met up with Wesley Wilkinson, 31, and Michael Young, 21. Young was driving Wilkinson's car.

After a traffic transgression of some sort -- Caudill didn't know what it was -- the occupants of the two cars drove side by side for 90 miles, exchanging insults and gestures at high speed.

Somewhere in eastern Clark County, Abraham Cerpa pulled out a MAC-90 assault rifle, Caudill said, and shot off three or four rounds, shattering a window of Wilkinson's car and flattening a tire.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems that Wilkinson and Young were both AWOL at the time. Also, neither party was aware that the other were marines. This is just a weird story.

One has to question the judgement of anyone that shoots an assault rifle into someone else's car - especially with his small children present.

[edit on (1/14/0505 by PistolPete]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

One has to question the judgement of anyone that shoot's an assault rifle into someone elses car - especially with his small children present.

Yeah, ya' think? Wonder how badly he screwed his kids heads up with this act?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
although i agree that this sounds extremely foolish, you at least have to keep in mind that he may have felt that his family was in danger and was protecting them. the fact that he had such a weapon around them in the first place is still freaky though.
daved

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
OH yes because we should hide our weapons from our kids and never speak openly about them!!
That kind of thinking is what gets kids killed by their parents guns. We must never mention the gun word in front of children, it's not as if last century in many places in the US a 12 year old with a .22 was the provider of meat for dinner.
Kids shoot each other with their parents guns because their parents don't take the time to educate their children in gun safety. I grew up in a house that had readilly accessible loaded firearms as did most of my friends, we never once shot each other or had near misses. WHy because our parents taught us to respect guns and that they can kill people.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

OH yes because we should hide our weapons from our kids and never speak openly about them!!
That kind of thinking is what gets kids killed by their parents guns. We must never mention the gun word in front of children, it's not as if last century in many places in the US a 12 year old with a .22 was the provider of meat for dinner.
Kids shoot each other with their parents guns because their parents don't take the time to educate their children in gun safety. I grew up in a house that had readilly accessible loaded firearms as did most of my friends, we never once shot each other or had near misses. WHy because our parents taught us to respect guns and that they can kill people.

Huh???

What are you talking about? I think that talking openly about firearms is a good thing. Pulling out an assault file and shooting at someone on a highway is hardly positive reinforcement.
Re-think your argument.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Is a MAC-90 issued by the Marines? I wouldn't think so, but I'm no expert on things military.

Anyone know?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have been in a similiar incident, but all I had to do was drive to the local police station, and dare them to follow me there...
And yes, i was armed... and I am certified... and the thought NEVER crossed my mind to fire a shot...

all the people (except the rest of the family) should be ashamed of themselves...

they were all thinking the wrong thing... "I am big bad marine... who they think they messing with?" Instead of trying to find the safest solution of driving to a police station or finding a cruiser...
or lord forbid... just drop the machismo and go another way...
instead they put innocent civilians (as well as family) in danger...
they should all get court marshalls and the gun slinger needs to go to jail, for a long time...
just suppose the other macho marines had a gun also... how many dead because they wanted to puff there chests?
lucky no-one died...

new topics

top topics

join