It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A plea to the management - Get rid of political posts.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Argh! I cannot take it any more ... I very rarely post. I have been a member of ATS for a long long time and stop by often to read threads on interesting conspiracies, aliens, and the like. This being said, there's been a slow progression to the main page being almost dominated by political posts, mostly inane garbage by a few individuals who will remain nameless (I'm sure you know who they are). Generally these topics are pure click-bait, "woe is me" right wing echo chamber nonsense with the premise "disprove this!" ... which in itself is a logical fallacy in argumentation ... and the threads usually break down in a page or two into polarizing name calling.

This is NOT the ATS that I grew to love years ago, this is becoming a political troll site where ignorance is not being denied, it is being perpetuated. If I wanted to see this type of "debate" I would read the comments section of any typical news outlet. I love the fact that over the years there have been some absolutely fantastic topics where the issues were DISCUSSED and RESEARCHED, not someone's hurt feelings starred to the top of the list by people with political agendas.

For the love of god ATS, PLEASE change the atmosphere here, push the site back to its origins, and what truly brought me and many others here to begin with.
edit on 9-5-2016 by Speedtek because: Typo, I suck

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Speedtek

lol.......

Are you serious?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Oh, I'm aware its a hopeless plea, but put enough chimps in front of a typewriter, one is bound to write Shakespeare.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I really do hope that at some point soon the staff will realize that the dozen or so (give or take) members creating the majority of this incessant political "content" have organized themselves in a manner in which they cooperate to star and flag each other's posts for maximum exposure.

It's totally obvious and it's against T&C's.

That being said, it is election season, after all. It gets worse every time, but it's not like it isn't to be expected.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I get it, but I think there's people that just want to promote an agenda, and a circle of star and flagging these posts put it smack dab on the front page. Now, I'm down for a good conspiracy, if a discussion opened up that Trump and Hillary were actually reptilians working in concert to take over the United States, I'd be down with that topic.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek
a reply to: NthOther

I get it, but I think there's people that just want to promote an agenda, and a circle of star and flagging these posts put it smack dab on the front page. Now, I'm down for a good conspiracy, if a discussion opened up that Trump and Hillary were actually reptilians working in concert to take over the United States, I'd be down with that topic.

What if Hillary was the wicked witch of the west and Obama was Toto?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I really do hope that at some point soon the staff will realize that the dozen or so (give or take) members creating the majority of this incessant political "content" have organized themselves in a manner in which they cooperate to star and flag each other's posts for maximum exposure.

It's totally obvious and it's against T&C's.

That being said, it is election season, after all. It gets worse every time, but it's not like it isn't to be expected.

But how could a "dozen or so" members amass thousands and thousands of stars and flags?

Politics is more popular than you can possibly imagine !!!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Then debate it on a politics site. To me this seems like a constant Drudge-flood. There's really no debating the topics, its circular "prove it!" followed by name calling.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But how could a "dozen or so" members amass thousands and thousands of stars and flags?

Because they've been at it for a very long time, and have lots of "friends".

Guilty conscience, xuen?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Um, maybe make a thread you think is worthy of attention and if other people agree, they will bestow stars/flags indicating such?

Or you could made a thread griping about political themed threads during an election season. I'm sure that would work...
edit on 9-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
We're in the middle of arguably the most important election cycle many of us will ever witness, with wide ranging political impact across the globe while the world faces new threats not seen in our times.

Of course it's going to be discussed.

You do know you still have the option to click on various sub forums and read about little green men if you like, right?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek
Argh! I cannot take it any more ... I very rarely post. I have been a member of ATS for a long long time and stop by often to read threads on interesting conspiracies, aliens, and the like. This being said, there's been a slow progression to the main page being almost dominated by political posts, mostly inane garbage by a few individuals who will remain nameless (I'm sure you know who they are). Generally these topics are pure click-bait, "woe is me" right wing echo chamber nonsense with the premise "disprove this!" ... which in itself is a logical fallacy in argumentation ... and the threads usually break down in a page or two into polarizing name calling.

This is NOT the ATS that I grew to love years ago, this is becoming a political troll site where ignorance is not being denied, it is being perpetuated. If I wanted to see this type of "debate" I would read the comments section of any typical news outlet. I love the fact that over the years there have been some absolutely fantastic topics where the issues were DISCUSSED and RESEARCHED, not someone's hurt feelings starred to the top of the list by people with political agendas.

For the love of god ATS, PLEASE change the atmosphere here, push the site back to its origins, and what truly brought me and many others here to begin with.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Even though it's election fever time, the amount of obvious baiting and trolling and general snarkiness is excessive, and bleeds over into every other forum. It is almost impossible to have a decent discussion and all too easy to get sucked in by the negativity.

People are hardly posting anything new because they're either afraid of being mercilessly mocked and harangued, or of an interesting topic dissolving into another pointless political pissing contest. I honestly feel bad for the mods sometimes. Something definitely needs to improve. It used to be so much better here.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So because you're tired of seeing it we should sensor it.....
Remove it.....

That is no different than a gov burning books they don't want the public to know about

Or a news agency only reporting what's expedient to certain people in power

No the free flow of information and exchange of ideas should continue

Regardless of who it makes uncomfortable.....

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I agree that there are many meaningless threads started. Every time a talking head says something about a candidate it becomes a new thread. We really could do with fewer threads started just because someone has a new theory regarding who might be VP, or what RAP star has endorsed who.

But seriously, this is a historic election. And there are quite a few interesting conspiracy theories involved.
We are recording history here!

People just need to be mature and stop the infighting and name calling. People will have different points of views. But repeating the same rhetoric over and over does get annoying. And the memes - sheesh. This is not Facebook.

A new member last night, who had information with substance regarding an ongoing conspiracy, was driven away by harassment from a member who was falsely accusing him of things he was not even saying and hammering him with negativity.

People need to chill and not get all worked up when people have differing opinions.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Indeed, just like jadedANDcynical posted above

Um, maybe make a thread you think is worthy of attention and if other people agree, they will bestow stars/flags indicating such? Or you could made a thread griping about political themed threads during an election season. I'm sure that would work...

I LOVE proof

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Then debate it on a politics site.

You might want look at which forum you're posting in.

Hint: 2016 US Elections forum has a high likelyhood of containing political threads.
edit on 9-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Right wing is political. I gotcha:

BIASBIASBIASBIAS

*political post* *political post*

even.

Anyways...you create what you sow. And many of us don't like being stuck in this position so..STOP IT.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Sure! I dig a good conspiracy, but that's not what I'm venting about. I'm venting about silly click bait star collectors.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I was hoping they would delete the alien forum.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yes so punish yourself dude, anyways the like 6 of us on here were fine CARRY ON.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join