It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A plea to the management - Get rid of political posts.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

however, i disagree that any forum or thread or topic should be removed...in fact, I notice lately that there is some kind of political correctness censor on here.....(i had a post from March deleted as off topic when I was very MUCH on topic....but that isn't the subject here....)

Perhaps my statement on removing it was a knee-jerk overreaction, but these types of posts should probably not get the reward they are getting, it lends to shallow argument and no real in depth discussion.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Speedtek

It's probably one of the most potent election cycles in recent history are you really surprised?

It could be a game changer but let's pretend it's not happening.

This is the first time in my entire there's been a candidate I actually considered supporting and believe it or not theres actually two of them!
edit on 5/9/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

More hypocrisy though! Why ya digging boy? "The left owns interesting noo topics!!" Subtle, but you're nothing BUT politics. So admit this and go start some political threads.

edit on 9-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

thanks for the clarification....

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I really do hope that at some point soon the staff will realize that the dozen or so (give or take) members creating the majority of this incessant political "content" have organized themselves in a manner in which they cooperate to star and flag each other's posts for maximum exposure.

It's totally obvious and it's against T&C's.

That being said, it is election season, after all. It gets worse every time, but it's not like it isn't to be expected.

Yeah I have been noticing that myself. I left for a few years, came back hoping it was not still going down hill yet I can't even block the trolls anymore. It is no longer downhill it has hit rock bottom. The way they are posting seems to be co-ordinated. "Taking turns". There seems to be no interest in civil discourse.. just dominating and gang stalking to win arguments. That is not an environment of "denying ignorance" but imposing subjective "truth" on people.

That would be okay and I could see it as just the way the internet works except their ideals are promoting taking away basic human freedoms which is dangerous and makes me think ATS is now catering to more radical political ideals.

Ten years ago that may have been okay but politically we are at risk of losing real freedoms globally.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

More hypocrisy though! Why ya digging boy? "The left owns interesting noo topics!!" Subtle, but you're nothing BUT politics. So admit this and go start some political threads.

Yawn, ad infinitum.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I too think it is an exciting election cycle and am like a kid with popcorn at the movies, (waiting for the gory scenes....hehe)!

But, I do miss the more in-depth discussions of old......and with all the political threads....ATS is becoming more like reading the comment section on an online news piece....

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

Well, even if the politics were actually discussed, rather than bating and then calling people LIBTARDS or DRUMPHS. Any discourse seems to devolve into anger and name calling. Blegh.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek

Yawn, ad infinitum.

Back at you. But you don't really feel this. You bait. Failed tactic.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: riley

It doesn't help that were not alloud to call people out for obvious trolling when it's happening.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Okay, you're center now we agree. Good!!!

link   

It's good to see you Riley!

link   

What exactly are you rambling on about?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek

What exactly are you rambling on about?

Okay I'm done talking to you, good luck on the threads!! And by the way, WATCH THAT BIAS. I'm through.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Thanks for validating my post, have a good night

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

It doesn't help that were not alloud to call people out for obvious trolling when it's happening.

Yep kind of damned if we point it out.. damned if we don't. Motto should be changed to deny independent thought or face being berated into agreeing or shutting TF up.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

It's good to see you Riley!

It's good to see you too.. congrats on sticking with the place all these years.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Well I feel all warm n gratified..that I gratifieded you and all. G'nite.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: riley

originally posted by: NthOther
I really do hope that at some point soon the staff will realize that the dozen or so (give or take) members creating the majority of this incessant political "content" have organized themselves in a manner in which they cooperate to star and flag each other's posts for maximum exposure.

It's totally obvious and it's against T&C's.

That being said, it is election season, after all. It gets worse every time, but it's not like it isn't to be expected.

Yeah I have been noticing that myself. I left for a few years, came back hoping it was not still going down hill yet I can't even block the trolls anymore. It is no longer downhill it has hit rock bottom. The way they are posting seems to be co-ordinated. "Taking turns". There seems to be no interest in civil discourse.. just dominating and gang stalking to win arguments. That is not an environment of "denying ignorance" but imposing subjective "truth" on people.

That would be okay and I could see it as just the way the internet works except their ideals are promoting taking away basic human freedoms which is dangerous and makes me think ATS is now catering to more radical political ideals.

Ten years ago that may have been okay but politically we are at risk of losing real freedoms globally.

You pretty much nailed it.
Most of the problem is every new thread pops up and most of them are political. Sorting thru the "NEW" page for the few interesting things, well it's too late you saw all the political thread topics and by default were "exposed".
I never go to the political forums but do check the new topics page, so too late!
It also gives one the impression that's all ATS is about currently.

Rightly or Wrongly.

It would be nice to have all new political threads not even show up there, but that's not practical. Same with all the religious threads. Oh in a "perfect world"!!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Agree 100%. 90% of my posts are in the political sections because I genuinely find politics interesting (more specifically, discussing various systems) and like to talk about it, but I still agree 100%. Politics has completely dominated this forum which is supposed to consist of alternative subject matter, and as a result everything basically revolves around political trolling of dubious credibility.

There's no reason there should be one forum for general conspiracies and *15* for politics.

The push towards politics is in my opinion the largest reason why ATS isn't what it used to be.

And as a complete contradiction I'm going to get political as a response to another member in this thread, because it's like a drug.

originally posted by: MysticPearl
We're in the middle of arguably the most important election cycle many of us will ever witness, with wide ranging political impact across the globe while the world faces new threats not seen in our times.

Of course it's going to be discussed.

You do know you still have the option to click on various sub forums and read about little green men if you like, right?

Most important? I find that disingenuous. That's saying it's more important than 2012, 2008, 2004, 2000, 1996, and 1992 for starters. All of which were billed as the most important election of our lifetimes, to say nothing of the midterms. People always hype each election as being the most important one ever, but with an average lifespan where you're old enough to vote of 30 election cycles, you're looking at a 1 in 30 chance of an election being the most important ever. This election just doesn't stand out as that 1 in 30.

There's two candidates, both of which are probably going to stand trial after the election for different variants on the concept of incompetence, both of which are extremely similar politically, both of which are good friends, both of which have worked together for decades, both of which are a similar age, and both of which have high disapproval rates in their own party. How exactly is this that most important election of our lifetimes? And if despite all of that you argue that it is, then do you also accept that none of those previous elections were legitimately billed as the most important?

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Hint: 2016 US Elections forum has a high likelyhood of containing political threads.

Breaking Alternative News
Breaking Political News
2016 US Elections
Next Level BS
US Political Madness
Education and Media
Social Issues and Civil Unrest
New World Order
Regional Politics
Above Politics
Political Ideology
Politicians and People
Political Issues
Political Mud Pit
Political Conspiracies

All 15 of those forums are VERY political, and are all caught up in election cycle nonsense/partisan hackery.
edit on 10-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join