It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Facebook Workers: We Routinely Suppressed Conservative News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Just keep telling yourself that. In any case why would people come forward to expose it if it weren't true?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Zuckerberg can Facebook anyway he wishes. It is his company. But now that the truth is about about his liberal bias and efforts to silence the truth, in lieu of a leftist agenda...people have a choice to make. Does any conservative, or just a believer in fairness in media continue to utilize Facebook?

I for one will not. But not because Zuckerberg is a liberal...we all knew that. Not because they chose what to report, and what not to report. But because he and the company itself has proven itself to be a liar by denying the claims. Of course they lied and cheated...that is what liberals do. You can't get angry at a tiger for having stripes.

So I'm closing my personal account, which I rarely use. But I will keep my business account open because business is business and Facebook still has some value to my business efforts.

I believe (in addition to other recent Facebook revelations) that we are seeing the beginning of the end for them. Hey Zuck...does MySpace ring any bells?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The only thing that can stop them is if a new rival tech company emerged that wouldn't sell out to Zuck (the way instagram & snapchat did). Or if the technology eventually evolved to make FB obsolete.

Or if we all just stop using FB... I for one have never had one so my hands are clean in that respect.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Facebook is just another fad...it will die like they all do. If Zuckerberg wants to speed up the process, that is fine by me. Facebook is annoying and the only reason I have a personal account is I have to in order to manage business accounts. The whole thing will collapse in a few years. Even the kids are sick of it.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Facebook is just another fad...it will die like they all do. If Zuckerberg wants to speed up the process, that is fine by me. Facebook is annoying and the only reason I have a personal account is I have to in order to manage business accounts. The whole thing will collapse in a few years. Even the kids are sick of it.

I can't f***ing wait.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Of course they lied and cheated...that is what liberals do. You can't get angry at a tiger for having stripes.

I hope you're proud of yourself for using your precious breath to spend time telling untruths designed to destroy meaningful dialog between people with political differences. You've not met one liberal in your life with whom you sincerely disagreed, thought was mistaken, but did not feel the need to attribute malicious intent, lies, and cheating? I've met some self-described "conservatives" who I am rather certain dress up their embarrassingly ignorant positions on women, homosexuality, social progress, and minorities with a veneer of conservative politics. I choose not to award them with the title of "conservative", which ought to bring with it some dignity. I save that title for people who have views differing from my own that veer toward the right side of the spectrum and can articulate those views without their intellectual rabies showing, and many of them I call my friends. Perhaps you should give it a try.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

With Facebook, you CAN become a Millionaire, if you play by their books!
edit on 10-5-2016 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Cuckerberg pushes for open borders and gun control while he lives in a private compound surrounded by walls with armed security... he's practically the poster boy for the fascist Left.

edit on 10-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Big problem here and with our youth in this country is they use Social media as their source of news! it's bad enough that both CNN and Fox push their own left or right wing opinion/spin on news stories, but facebook particularly culls through data to promote their own opinions on issues.. scary stuff and we wonder why so many young folks are completely out of touch with what are really important issues in this country and world..

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Of course Fakebook has a leftist slant and pushes a leftist agenda. It's so obvious I'm amazed this news actually surprises anyone.

In fact, the entire damned internet is slowly turning into just another tool of the creeping 'progressive' madness-machine.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
But because he and the company itself has proven itself to be a liar by denying the claims.

How was it proven that his denial was a lie? A claim made by anonymous contractors is not proof of anything. It may be what you believe, but it's not proof of anything.

I don't use FB and IF they're censoring, I'm not surprised, nor do I care. So does FOX, MSNBC, CNN and our beloved Above Top Secret. Why do people expect Facebook to follow some "Fairness Doctrine" all of a sudden?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Sorry, I didn't find this original posting.

Thanks to all who made good and worthy points on my thread.

I think the more disturbing thing to me is that a site as powerful as that toward influencing a billion+ people pulling that sort of thing . . .

is more than a little disturbing.

I don't rationalize it away as easily as some seem to.

It's one more puzzle piece that the oligarchy has it's tyrannical !!!!CONTROL!!!! tentacles everywhere.

Yes, I understood . . . and considered all the caveats folks replied with. Some carry more weight with me than others.

But, for me, the bottom line still is that it's a serious !!!!CONTROL!!!! issue at the top of a major corporation with massive influence.

imho, in this era, only the OPPOSITE of what was asserted in the article is healthy for individuals and other living things in our era.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I don't use FB and IF they're censoring, I'm not surprised, nor do I care. So does FOX, MSNBC, CNN and our beloved Above Top Secret. Why do people expect Facebook to follow some "Fairness Doctrine" all of a sudden?

I'm not sure if you read the whole thread and OP but I personally have mentioned several times that selective outrage on this issue only perpetuates media censorship.

I do think that it is important to identify all forms of media censorship as they come from FB, FOX, CNN, & MSNBC & Others...

As for ATS, I think everyone here can see that the front page topic curation is hardly objective. However, ATS has never claimed to be a NEWS organization. Plus, ATS is especially unique because it is a message board committed to conspiracy theories and a slew of other fringe topics.

I assume that most people who post here are familiar with the concept of Tune in, Turn on, Drop Out.
edit on 5/11/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
ATS has never claimed to be a NEWS organization.

Has Facebook claimed to be a News Organization?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Not the same way that FOX, CNN, & MSNBC are because they don't write their own content (YET). But they do indeed claim to be the premiere mobile news source.

www.wired.com...
edit on 5/11/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't really use F-book very much and I laugh at the idea of viewing it as a news source. Everyone knows they suppress conservative or christian viewpoints. It's simply a given. Should we be surprised?

Unfortunately as much as I love ATS, it has become quite hostile here for conservatives and especially for christians as well. While we've always had obvious government shills, they appear to be the majority or at least the loudest voices in the forums.

This is probably a logical progression until government operatives begin rounding up the dissenters. All media outlets, especially the internet will have to comply.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SevenThunders
Unfortunately as much as I love ATS, it has become quite hostile here for conservatives and especially for christians as well.

I'm sure it seems that way to you. I don't see that at all. To me, it seems like the forums are overrun with Trump supporters! LOL! And that's OK. I just think whichever political spectrum a person is on seems to be in the minority to them. It's just perception, I think.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
Of course Fakebook has a leftist slant and pushes a leftist agenda. It's so obvious I'm amazed this news actually surprises anyone.

In fact, the entire damned internet is slowly turning into just another tool of the creeping 'progressive' madness-machine.

Right there with you... didn't realize this was such a big revelation!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Kali74

Well neither do I really, it's why I stated there is no bias on Facebook...

I've seen conservative views pushed by millions on the site every day.

I've seen the other side do it aswell...

The only people who think it's liberally slanted have probably never been on their...

They'd have a field day especially with the stories the ATS Facebook page shares.

You realize there's a difference between what your uncle posts and what Facebook decides to put as a trending topic, right?

And to anyone who says they're a private business, stop whining and just don't use Facebook... If no one complains, how is anyone supposed to learn that Facebook is doing this so that they can stop using it, again?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
OMG the level of victim card thrown by the conservatives is ASTOUNDING.

I'm not sure how many more headlines are needed, the past year has been non-stop about the GOP bloodbath primary season.

What else is needed, how many more GOP senators were doing the foot tap signal for oral sex in bathrooms? That is the reason they are against transgender bathroom use, those old men want to be sure it is a man they're giving the signal to, if they wanted a woman they'd be at home with their wives living the sham that is their public life.

Derek

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join