It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp interviews Tom DeLonge about his big project

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Thats what I am thinking since Knapp may be a stand up guy but he is, still at the mercy of hearsay in this.

If we are talking about national security stuff I doubt they would trust a musician since they tend to be prone to all sorts of vices and other debaucheries that could only ever be a liability to the sort of mission they have in keeping hold of their precious head start on the rest of the world into the rest of the universe.

Though like many here have said time will tell.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

As to musicians . . .

The oligarchy has chosen, elevated, controlled, used etc. musicians for decades.

IF Tom was already some way or another, to some degree or another . . . already in their 'employee' so to speak,

it might have been a small transition for him to take on this role.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

One can only hope the news is good if he is being genuine and not somthing like "most get culled and the rest sold of for slavery and spare parts".

I gotta say though I watched the last thread here with Tom's ask me anything and I could not say his responses were up to snuff but some here swear by the guy and his recent actions.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

He looks genuine, and i am convinced he believes in it.. He seems like a man with a loving heart and has a naive curiosity for the unknown.. To me he looks honest..

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I've always believed there were a few things going on at the same time.

1. Advanced technology being reverse engineered is slowly leaked to humanity to speed up our technological progress, and fund further projects by funneling tech profits through shell corps back into the MIC

2. Eventually the secrecy will have to fall, but only when we think our own "home grown" technology has reached a comparable level to the stuff being hidden. The public can't be "blown away" with governments suddenly whipping out anti-grav ships, optical stealth, sentient AI's and whatnot.

3. Through movies, music, tv, video games, books and other media sources -- aliens, technology and the hidden stuff is being turned into a cultural meme to soften any blow. We're essentially being broken in to accept alien life over the span of a few generations.

Perhaps we're being groomed to enter a galactic community that uses a quantum entangled "internet". Perhaps we're being artificially stimulated and sped up technology-wise to prepare us for a pending invasion or first inevitable contact.

The fact is, the people of the world can't handle a paradigm shift so large yet. We can't even agree on who can/can't use a bathroom...let alone accept aliens, space marines and void navies. In order to keep those keeping the secrets from being caught with their pants down, a slow deliberate dribble of information/technology is leaked out like an IV, diluted with a bunch of other disinformation to obscure the truth. One diamond among a bag of 1,000 cubic zirconia gemstones.

And to further complicate matters everything is insanely compartmentalized. Different agencies and MIC's are told different things and working on various (and seemingly incompatible and non-connected) puzzle pieces. This makes it almost impossible for anyone except the very few people (probably could be counted on one hand) that know the entire overview and plan.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I've always believed there were a few things going on at the same time.
"few"

You could probably write a book..

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

And why would DeLonge be more ready for it than 'the general public'? Good grief, member of a band is somehow of a level above the plebs he played to - great, at least it's not like any of this could be linked to any promotion of any products is it......................?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

And why would DeLonge be more ready for it than 'the general public'? Good grief, member of a band is somehow of a level above the plebs he played to - great, at least it's not like any of this could be linked to any promotion of any products is it......................?

Who said he is privy to anything the public isn't? If it's legit, the whole point of telling him stuff is so he can tell other people. Again, it's 'soft disclosure'.

Do you realize the backlash that would come out if *any* politician or fortune500 exec held a press conference and just stated what he did there?? It would be an unforgiving sh%% show.

Get a bunch of young people on board, make it 'cool' and generate memes across social media, and well, it honestly isn't such a bad idea. If I were told the same thing 10 years ago I'd think it was bunk, but the way social media is these days, and public personalities. . . it's possible.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

??? That leaves me scratching my head? What would the govt need Tom for when they have access to social media and the msm?

Public companies = stock price

Investigations.

Public hearings.

Sacrificial lambs.

Rage.

etc,etc,etc - Think about it like this, enough people buy into Tom's disclosure, the people involved can come out slowly, maybe start up a new entity specifically to add on and give him legitimacy. If there's a negative kick back and incites rage/fear/mistrust/etc they can just play him out as disinfo agent.

Sad to say, Tom isn't in the best position.

If anyone from the top defence contractors came up and did a news conference and disclosed officially, what TdL has alluded to already.....S###storm

Absolute carnage.

Religious extremists demanding xyz, thousands of young people jumping on to every NWO, Illuminati, xyz BS conspiracy junk on Youtube, demands of public hearings, outrage, legal actions, etc...

But, turn it into a cultural theme which just gets acceptance, when hard disclosure comes noone is really phased since it's already expected. A lot of people have been saying soft disclosure has been here for awhile already. Vatican prepping for converting aliens, investing in giant telescopes, etc

We are also entire unaware of what's going on behind the scenes. If it's legit, maybe there's a timeline, and it's more important for the next generation to get familiar with it over the stuffy boomers heading into retirement.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I may have missed a previous post or thread where you go into detail regarding the people and circumstances of your first hand knowledge, so please link to it if possible. Otherwise, this sounds like the same "I know something you don't" tripe Tom and every other slow-drip huckster purveys with a subtle agenda. Much respect for your site but your comment reeks of "Oh, I'm not sayin' ...I'm JUST sayin'" nonsense.

I'll happily apologize should a meaningful and truly insightful response materialize. I want to be wrong about everything I've stated but I suspect a response to be of the "I'm not at liberty to fully disclose who and what" variety. Meet the new boss...

Ban-hammer away if you must but these types of vagaries and smoke-shows have plagued and diminished the field for too long. Nonetheless, have a wonderful week. Glad the site seems strong now after the hubbub of recent past.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: aynock

RE: The media project; if there is a story to be told I would think that in this day and age the multi media plan Tom has devised is a solid way to tell it.

yeah - scientists and peer reviewed science journals are so flakey aren't they - unlike musicians

Because a white paper on a Quantum-Multi-Dimensional-Laser-Gluon-Plas-Flabber-Gonbobulator that no one knows how to use or operate and a dozen of the best scientists have been sitting around, staring at blankly, thumbs up their ass for the last 50 years, and all they've figured out from it is how to play 'Hooked on a Felling' with a surround sound feel (makes your toes tingle) is going to end out well...

Look at it this way, he could give the full run down, if they don't like how its being received, they just 'Bennewitz' him. TD just becomes another rock star that lost his mind...

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: uncommitted

Who said he is privy to anything the public isn't? If it's legit, the whole point of telling him stuff is so he can tell other people. Again, it's 'soft disclosure'.

Do you realize the backlash that would come out if *any* politician or fortune500 exec held a press conference and just stated what he did there?? It would be an unforgiving sh%% show.

Get a bunch of young people on board, make it 'cool' and generate memes across social media, and well, it honestly isn't such a bad idea. If I were told the same thing 10 years ago I'd think it was bunk, but the way social media is these days, and public personalities. . . it's possible.

The post I was responding to had him quoted as saying he'd been told stuff the general public wouldn't be ready for. That implies the public currently aren't privy to it.

Personally when a guy starts writing what he admits are fictional stories, when he's drumming up funding for other outlets then I smell a rat. I think the social media aspect will certainly help him with his enterprise, but I'm not convinced it's anything other than that. I'm open minded to the extent I'm more than willing to listen to information, process it and come to conclusions based on the facts - not because someone says he has been 'talking to someone really high up'.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
i can get my head around aliens traversing the galaxy and bending space and time to get from point a to point b, but i cant get my head around them crashing, to fit with a belief that this is real in my reckoning then the spaceships were crashed deliberately and the aliens inside are machines that are made by higher inteligencies at an atomic level, that just seems like the only possible way for me for this to be true.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PanPiper

yes he seems to be telling the truth as hes been told it, but i think he is being mislead in some way, there could be a bigger play at hand, what reagan said about invaders from outerspace and how it would bring us all together against an alien threat, it would seem that the big play is the one world order and one religion etc. which is fine as long as we live in equality............ but i doubt they are thinking of equality.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
from what i got from Tom Delonges interviews is that the Americans are not the only ones in the know, working with this alien tech.
what about all those other countries ?
are we all in the same boat or will Tom unleash a "war" among the men in black of different nations ?
how dangerous are those critters ?
are there friendly aliens that we could invite for pizza and beer to have a good laugh at movies like independence day ?

his marketing campaign seems to be a drop on hot stone.
i was kindof miffed after the AMA ... but he seems to be honest guy and i really like the look of that animation movie he made with the help of two totally unknown artists from Europe. it looks amazing.

imo he needs to get more artists from all over the world involved in this.
he can pm me.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

After Tom's performance here in an AMA, I have no care about anything he says.

100% Agree the biggest waste of time we have had on here. We always get the big claims but NEVER the proof to match.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

Personally, I think he didn't understand that the AMA was like having the stage get rushed without bouncers.

It was a bigger deal than he realized, perhaps. Also, many questions were probably regarding things he wasn't supposed to talk about yet OR he didn't want to get ahead of the process of laying things out coherently, other than to give "teasers." I am guessing there is much more to come.

I for one am excited to see where this whole thing is going, while at the same time, I'm worried it is only half-truths that paint the military in a better light than they should be painted, at least in regards to the "life form."

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

yes the whole thing sounds like a bad movie.

- aliens could attack any moment.
- defenses are almost ready - have been build in secret around the world.
- public needs to be informed to avoid panic when it happens.
- soft disclosure has been happening through art,cinema in the last decades ancient aliens on tv etc.

- make the idea of a world united against impending alien attack popular and sexy.
- ?

uh - i think i need to go out and walk around in the sun for a while...

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm all for disclosure, I want to know the answer to the 'big" question...are we alone or not and i really don't care about the method used to disseminate the information.

But what I do wonder about is why the cheezy media styled production and promotion of "tag along" products.

But if that's the way it is...some of the T shirts are pretty cool and a nice ball cap would be cool to show your support of disclosure at the big announcement....with a full line up of contemporary bands at some yuuuge event like burning man or a Lady GaGA multi media show, closed circuit world wide. With Tom De as the official spokesperson/MC fits right in with the millinealist targeted demographic.

I can see it all now....the "We are NOT alone" tour. when you answer the Big Question, It deserves the Greatest Show on EARTH.

Best of Luck Mr. DeLonge with your project!!

Need a UPM? Maybe an app designer?

edit on 8-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: mirageman

I'll just say this... I know Rob Williams and he has never indicated that he has tried to reach out to the presumed "power brokers/gate keepers" we've all been hearing about since forever.

J.L. was being hounded by the USG for a pot charge, I don't think he'd have got far either.

I'll say it again so it's clear, I'm not saying I know that this amounts to anything more than a bunch of wishful thinking, but I do know Tom DeLonge has been granted access to people I've never seen anyone get face time with.

Based on what he said in the interview it is my opinion that we will find out one way or the other sooner rather than later...

RE: The media project; if there is a story to be told I would think that in this day and age the multi media plan Tom has devised is a solid way to tell it.

Obviously I could be way too optimistic but this is the most intriguing thing I've seen relative to UFOlogy in many years.

Time will tell if I'm misguided in my interest.

Well considering I've known you for a decade and know your MO in regards to calling BS out. I think I will relook at Tom's story.

And with George's background and his voucher for the info I'm starting to raise my eyebrows a bit.

What I think many of us on ATS don't appreciate is being spoon fed bit's and pieces, as well as Tom's sticker price for his book, since all of us here (sell) share are info and findings freely.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join