It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The GOP's 24-hour meltdown: Hail the destruction of the Republican Party

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The only place in the world where being further to the 'right' is a good thing cheered on by others. 'Murica.

Where the people of the republican party want a guy because hey! He is both rich and an asshole. # yeah!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Apparently we need to follow Ted Cruz's advice and give Trump a good spankin'.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Trump is a fowl human being.

This is a test for this country

Trump needs to be demolished at the polls come November

If Trump wins this country will be destroyed!

If he looses there's hope

edit on 7-5-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Kids say that...guess what? That is a kid

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

Kids say that...guess what? That is a kid

Kids also call people "goofus".

Trump made a speech yesterday in which he called Elizabeth Warren a "goofus".

Perhaps Trump is a child?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire
They are in regression, as in heading into a less developed state.

I had to edit because I just love it. You took what I said entirely out of context. Here is the full quote: "world is regressing into the left."

Don't go 'round trying to be sly and taking words out of context.

As I read your post, I read it as saying that the Republicans were in regression. Is this not what you edited to change into the 'world"...If so then how was I taking words out of context?

As far as regression goes, the term as I have always defined it was the opposite of progress. And from my understanding it is the progressives that conservatives hate. So how is the world, regressing to the left? Is it that you think that conservatives are more progressive than liberals and hence regressing? To me, your use of words is very confusing. I can see you saying that the Republican,or in an edited case, the 'world' is mutating or falling into or transforming, but regressing? That word just doesn't fit as I understand things.

Why do you think I was trying to be sly.? I thought my question to be rather simple and straight forward. I wonder why you thought it to have 'an underlying agenda" to it? That is what sly means to me. Does it mean something else to you?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I don't think the US will be destroyed. I hear that word used way too much.

What he will do; what he has done so far is definitely show where a lot of the cracks are in the system to more and more people which will hopefully wake them up from consumerism and get them involved.

At least I hope he makes enough people mad that some changes may just happen for the good of the people again.

One can only hope.

But as for him destroying America... Can't see that happening.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The right hasn't gotten more right. If anything there has been "progression". It may appear that the right has moved even more right, but only in comparison to the left who actually got out of control with their liberal ideas.

I can see the problems on both sides. The left has issues but the right has issues too.

I laughed out loud the other day, literally, as I was walking thru the parking lot and saw a bumper sticker that said "I will not believe the lies of the left wing media" Because I thought, fair enough, but where's the other sticker saying the same thing about the Right.

Too many people have blinders on and think the right is fine but the left is the issue. The right is not fine, they're in shambles. I'm a registered independent, because I'd be too embarrased to call myself a democrat or a republican.

It's almost more embarressing to be a republican when you listen to their pundits and talking heads like Hannity, O;Reilly, Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Savage, Prager, Coulter. These are people who aren't playing with a full deck yet millions hang on their every word. Don't be one of those people.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is the best part of the article in the OP:

it’s going to take time for Republicans to absorb their new reality

That is indeed what they are really freaking out about.

The Republican elite are realizing that things are going to change. Their way is not going to work anymore. Trump is going to shake things up and result in everyone taking a good long look at how things really work.

They are also realizing that the majority of voters are actually unhappy with the job they are doing. It is not just some meaningless polls anymore. The people are voting their displeasure (in both parties).

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Question to Trumps ardent supporters

Sure everything he says about the rich controlling everything and bribing the politicians we’ve all known for years.

Has Trump put forth a viable plan to destabilize that system: like new election laws or laws against lobbying?

Nott hat I know of…

Maybe I missed something.

All he seems to do is bluster and say what people already have known for decades without itemizing anything to change it…save his boisterous and loud bluster and threats.

So how does he plan to circumvent such control?

If he plans to do it merely through the presidency then he’d have to be a Mussolini-type dictator.

Do you honestly think he will go against his life long friends and millionaires and billionaires?

What has he ever done in the past to indicate he will do this or knows how to do it even if he were truly inclined to do it

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

This is exactly it. I have no love for the democratic party, although I generally lean left. But I think the destruction or reorganization of both major parties would be a great benefit to our political system and the country. The Rs and Ds (Congress and other government officials), have both been going down their perspective roads (in polar opposite directions) for so many years, they haven't stopped to reassess their goals and ensure that their actions will achieve those goals. Their priority is politics over government.

What's really driving this split between liberals and conservatives is that they act, not on what they necessarily want, but in response to what the other side does. So, when the left makes it so that gay marriage is legal, the right responds, "Well, we'll show YOU!" with the creation of laws to make LGBT discrimination legal and easy. So, it's not that the right wants to go back to the 50s, with rampant discrimination... they're just responding to something the left did. It goes both ways, too.

So, after many years of this reactive power struggle in government, both parties have ended up in VERY strange places, neither of which, I'm sure, was the intention of the founding fathers.

Bless Trump, he's making this election one of the most interesting and unbelievable of my life. I hope you're right that this will end in a split of the GOP. Because I think the left is not far behind. Not because of Bernie v. Clinton, but because the radical element of the left will eventually take it off balance just as the radical element of the right did.

Common sense has left government at all levels. Compromise has become a four letter word.

There is no problem/solution discussion to be had.

We have a problem with food stamps, instead of trying to fix the issue, one side wants people to starve in the street, while the other wants to give away the pantry.

We have a problem with Social Security and Medicare, one sides wants to cut benefits, and the other side wants to increase them, there is no discussion about how to fix the problem.

One side wants single payer, the other side wants the insurance lobby dollars in their pocket. No one wants to talk about 80% of the medicare dollars being spent on end of life care.

I could go on, but I am tired.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

There is someone talking about fixing these issues - Trump.

When he strengthens the economy there will be more jobs, and less need for food stamps. They will still be there for those that need them for real reasons, but those that can work will have jobs.

When he balances the budget and cuts waste; when he reduces the deficit; and when he fixes the issues with the medical insurance industry using Healthcare Reform, medical care will be more affordable and medicare and social security will be more solvent.

If he does even half of what he plans to do, things will get better.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Question to Trumps ardent supporters

Sure everything he says about the rich controlling everything and bribing the politicians we’ve all known for years.

Has Trump put forth a viable plan to destabilize that system: like new election laws or laws against lobbying?

Nott hat I know of…

Maybe I missed something.

All he seems to do is bluster and say what people already have known for decades without itemizing anything to change it…save his boisterous and loud bluster and threats.

So how does he plan to circumvent such control?

If he plans to do it merely through the presidency then he’d have to be a Mussolini-type dictator.

Do you honestly think he will go against his life long friends and millionaires and billionaires?

What has he ever done in the past to indicate he will do this or knows how to do it even if he were truly inclined to do it

Can any of you Trump people answer my question

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump does not have the power to do any of that. It has to go through congress, unless Trump is going to use EO's to declare himself the almighty dictator.

So that means he has to work with congress, many of whom don't have any desire to work with Trump.
edit on 7-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

There is someone talking about fixing these issues - Trump.

When he strengthens the economy there will be more jobs, and less need for food stamps. They will still be there for those that need them for real reasons, but those that can work will have jobs.

When he balances the budget and cuts waste; when he reduces the deficit; and when he fixes the issues with the medical insurance industry using Healthcare Reform, medical care will be more affordable and medicare and social security will be more solvent.

If he does even half of what he plans to do, things will get better.

Everyone of those things are wonderful, and what many of us would like to see. However, Trump has put no solid plans forward other than a wall that he will make Mexico pay for. He has no solid plans for anything, including paying for his beloved wall with the big beautiful door.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yes, he does.
www.donaldjtrump.com...

And he has been talking about the plans for months, if you watched his sit down interviews with interviewers who respect him enough to let him get to those points.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yes, he does.
www.donaldjtrump.com...

And he has been talking about the plans for months, if you watched his sit down interviews with interviewers who respect him enough to let him get to those points.

Fund this, fund that, where do all of the funds come from? Out of the poor and middle class pockets, there is absolutely nothing in his platform that hasn't been promised by 1000 politicians before him.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Yes, he does.
www.donaldjtrump.com...

Fund this, fund that, where do all of the funds come from? Out of the poor and middle class pockets, there is absolutely nothing in his platform that hasn't been promised by 1000 politicians before him.

Trump also plans to increase the number of people that do not pay taxes.

If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax. That removes nearly 75 million households – over 50% – from the income tax rolls

www.donaldjtrump.com...

How, indeed, will he pay for his plans?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Exposing the things you mention is the first step. What other candidates even mention these things, let alone expose and criticize them?

You might want to give this a read for just some of the examples:
www.theatlantic.com...

This entire article is relevant to the topic of this thread. It explains why the GOP is so shaken up. This is the best part:

You know the look that victims get in horror movies just before their bodies are dismembered and souls sucked out by whatever horrifying creature has been loosed on the land? That eye-bugging, mouth-gaping, hands-raised-in-a-futile-effort-at-self-protection look meant to convey both abject terror and utter disbelief? That’s the look the Republican establishment wore throughout Super Tuesday, as Donald Trump added to his impressive stack of primary wins.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Trumps "I won't say" and say anyway reminds me of this.

m.youtube.com...

you ain't heard that from me..... I don't gossip

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join