It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The GOP's 24-hour meltdown: Hail the destruction of the Republican Party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Trump's promise to unify the Republican Party is in tatters, as an all-out civil war grips the GOP.

www.politico.com...
Keep going Trump…keep going strong…you’re doing fine. The destruction of the Republican Party will be a service to mankind!

Whether you know it or not you’re doing the world a service that should get you the Nobel peace prize.

Friday brought another day of incredible division and revolt with Jeb Bush and Lindsey Graham falling in line not behind Trump, but behind House Speaker Paul Ryan, who said a day earlier that he cannot yet support the brash real estate mogul as his party’s standard-bearer.

Friday brought another day of incredible division and revolt with Jeb Bush and Lindsey Graham falling in line not behind Trump, but behind House Speaker Paul Ryan, who said a day earlier that he cannot yet support the brash real estate mogul as his party’s standard-bearer.
Trump, instead of trying to make peace, lashed out.
He fired off a vicious statement, calling Graham an “embarrassment” with “zero credibility.”

Then he laced into both of his former rivals during his rally in Omaha, Nebraska, where he is continuing to campaign ahead of Tuesday’s primary, despite having vanquished the rest of the GOP field.

Trump is on autopilot--he can't stop. I wonder whether he went to the same Manchurian candidate school as Obama did. Indeed there's probably all levels of microchips in his head.

“But I won’t talk about Jeb Bush. I will not say — I will not say he’s low energy. I will not say it,” Trump told a boisterous crowd who booed at the mention of his critics. “I will not say it. And I won’t talk about Lindsey Graham, who had like 1 point, you ever see this guy on television? He is nasty. … He leaves a disgrace, he can’t represent the people of South Carolina well.”Trump also alternated on Friday between shrugging off Ryan’s bombshell announcement and scorching him.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Boy are the people going to be pissed off when they steal the nomination from him. I hope they join forces with the Bernie tribe who are going through it now with Hillary winning without being the popular choice. Im sure Obama's executive order signed last year that allows him to call martial law even in peace time will come in handy. Especially if he feels the peace of the nation is threatened by the people uprising against the Powers that Be.

+2 more 
posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So you champion the left running rough shod over the entire population unchecked?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

So you champion the left running rough shod over the entire population unchecked?

The Republican Party up until the early 90’s was a decent balance to the left. Now they’ve gone over the cliff too far to the right and need to be changed and brought back to a level of decency and humanity.

The way things work, If we were blessed with the destruction of the GOP, the democratic party would split into a liberal and conservative side with balance.

the present GOP has gone off balance.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Ummm...yes...Yes he does...And quite vociferously...doncha kno...

Do tell...Will Tell...

YouSir

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The Republican Party up until the early 90’s was a decent balance to the left. Now they’ve gone over the cliff too far to the right and need to be changed and brought back to a level of decency and humanity.

The way things work, If we were blessed with the destruction of the GOP, the democratic party would split into a liberal and conservative side with balance.

the present GOP has gone off balance.

Lol, the left has gone way too far too the left as well, splitting the left.... Lol, great then we can have 2 parties fighting over who gets to pander to the lowest common denominator at the expense of the masses.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The right hasn't gotten more right. If anything there has been "progression". It may appear that the right has moved even more right, but only in comparison to the left who actually got out of control with their liberal ideas.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This is exactly it. I have no love for the democratic party, although I generally lean left. But I think the destruction or reorganization of both major parties would be a great benefit to our political system and the country. The Rs and Ds (Congress and other government officials), have both been going down their perspective roads (in polar opposite directions) for so many years, they haven't stopped to reassess their goals and ensure that their actions will achieve those goals. Their priority is politics over government.

What's really driving this split between liberals and conservatives is that they act, not on what they necessarily want, but in response to what the other side does. So, when the left makes it so that gay marriage is legal, the right responds, "Well, we'll show YOU!" with the creation of laws to make LGBT discrimination legal and easy. So, it's not that the right wants to go back to the 50s, with rampant discrimination... they're just responding to something the left did. It goes both ways, too.

So, after many years of this reactive power struggle in government, both parties have ended up in VERY strange places, neither of which, I'm sure, was the intention of the founding fathers.

Bless Trump, he's making this election one of the most interesting and unbelievable of my life. I hope you're right that this will end in a split of the GOP. Because I think the left is not far behind. Not because of Bernie v. Clinton, but because the radical element of the left will eventually take it off balance just as the radical element of the right did.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Hobestly im personally more right than the GOP, they ha e been moving left the last few oh I dno decades..

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree. So am I. They just seem more right because the world is regressing into the left.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Im sure Obama's executive order signed last year that allows him to call martial law even in peace time will come in handy. Especially if he feels the peace of the nation is threatened by the people uprising against the Powers that Be.

This.

Is exactly what we are being set up for. The fires of contention and division are being stoked as hot as TPTB can make them, and they will only become hotter the closer we get to the election (and especially so after it).

Then it's Problem-Reaction-Solution time. It can be seen from miles away by those who have eyes to see.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Again, I've been calling this for years, the Republican party HAS TO SPLIT.

One look at the numbers makes it absolutely, abundantly clear, the youth are not voting Conservative and the old are dying. The Republican right-wing have absolutely refused to accept this, sticking to the same old fanatical nonsense they used to get away with.

Public opinion has changed dramatically over just the last decade, the population is moving far more to the liberal and as long as the Republican party is preaching the same old bs about religion, LGBT rights, race, women's health etc, they will continue to become more and more irrelevant.

You can see it everywhere, the people want a Conservative party focused on the economy, the military and taking money out of politics. The left want the same things too. The only difference between these choices is that one party regularly gets up on a podium to scream moralistic bs and constantly attempts to force their Christian views onto society.

Unless the Republican party deals with this they will become increasingly irrelevant.

No, I don't think it's healthy to have one party leading everything and the second becoming totally powerless, but this is what they are doing to themselves and no one else is to blame for it.

If the Republicans cannot get their act together and actually start representing the views of the public then of course they won't be elected by that public.

The Republicans have a choice right now, either abandon the outdated nonsense or face a steep slide into obscurity.

I don't actually think you'll end up with just the Dems with any power, you'll see new parties forming and you'll see far more independence from Conservatives, from those who actually understand that the party is dead unless it reforms.

No one else is to blame for all of this, the Republicans have done this to themselves through utter stubborn ignorance.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Both parties are more central than far left and far right, they pretend to be what there name means, but there both bought and payed by money.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

The gop is 'regressing into the left"? Do yo mean they were too liberal before and that they then became more conservative but are now regressing to those earlier liberal ways? Is that what you mean? If so, I wonder how I missed all of that having been a Republican since the 80s.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
They are in regression, as in heading into a less developed state.

I had to edit because I just love it. You took what I said entirely out of context. Here is the full quote: "world is regressing into the left."

Don't go 'round trying to be sly and taking words out of context.
edit on 7-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I agree with many “conservative” ideas but some are just inhumane and ignorant enough to make it impossible to support the Republican Party

Not allowing national health insurance KILLS human beings.

Cutting food stamps affects children

Catering so much to the rich is a disaster on the macro economy and has allowed for the no raise, exporting jobs overseas, and many other ailments on the economy that the GOP NEVER want to fight.

All they do is give rhetoric or do trickle down economics: showering the rich with more and more in the vain hope some of it will trickle down to the masses:

Also, not wanting to deal with infrastructure building and the college loan crises

All these issues that affect the poor and middle class the GOP have forgotten about

...and their only solution is always more trickle down economics.

One good thing about Trump is that he isn’t a traditional conservative republican on economic issues..at least on the surface.

Although his character and jingoistic rhetoric are so bad he is dangerous to humanity, IF he happens to destroy the GOP then he has done some good

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They will blame it on the Libtards.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Another good thing Trump has done is made it easier to illustrate how propaganda has affected people and how childish people have become.

Yesterday I had to do some traveling with the family and there was a stretch of interstate in which very few radio stations were available. I stopped on the NPR station and listened while I was driving. The rest of the family were doing their own thing but were listening to the reports on Trump's speeches regarding Hillary and Elizabeth Warren.

NPR played the speech in which he called Warren a "goofus" and they all erupted in laughter. My youngest said he sounded like the elementary school bully.

It's sad when a 5th grader knows when someone is being a dip# bully, but grown adults cannot.

God bless America...I guess.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Boy are the people going to be pissed off when they steal the nomination from him. I hope they join forces with the Bernie tribe who are going through it now with Hillary winning without being the popular choice. Im sure Obama's executive order signed last year that allows him to call martial law even in peace time will come in handy. Especially if he feels the peace of the nation is threatened by the people uprising against the Powers that Be.

Nobody is going to steal the nomination from him. They are going to back away and not support him and when he crashes and burns in the national election the will come back in and pick up the pieces of the party and try rebuild it into what they want. And Clinton leads Sanders by over 3 million votes, so she is in fact the popular choice. And Sanders has already said Trump would be a disaster and he would do anything to stop him. And I am not going to even bother with the martial law nonsense.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What Trump is doing to the young minds in America

WATCH A kid yells you suck at Ted Cruz

Ten year old supporter of Trump yells out to Cruz

YOU SUCK

Trumps example he leaves for the youth

edit on 7-5-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join