It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

You don't sign any business licenses, not even inadvertently. How have you not googled how this works by now?

Are you saying that you should have the right to transact business in a personally discriminatory fashion?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying and that's what the law allows as long as you are not violating the civil rights or disabilities acts. If you need to further protect certain groups who have widespread discrimination then they need to be covered by the civil rights act which means that law needs to be amended which would require the SCOTUS.

No 'blacks' allowed?
No 'Chinks'?
No Jews?

Those are all stupid questions because they are already protected from discrimination. You are resorting to logical fallacies now.

Are you one of those religious hypocrites who demand the right to follow your religion with acts of hate and persecution?

That one takes the cake for stupid questions though.
edit on 20-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You don't sign any business licenses, not even inadvertently. How have you not googled how this works by now?

Strawman. Disingenuous!
If you do not refute my point, with links and actual logic, rather than emotional fallacies, please have the good intellectual grace to concede that the point is valid!
Otherwise, I will not continue to discuss beyond that point.
Not that discussing anything with someone fighting to be allowed to inflict his toxic hateful ignorance on his fellow citizens.
I do not expect any discussion to make any difference.
So, as I said, when you can logically refute, then we'll talk.

Are you saying that you should have the right to transact business in a personally discriminatory fashion?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying and that's what the law allows as long as you are not violating the civil rights or disabilities acts. If you need to further protect certain groups who have widespread discrimination then they need to be covered by the civil rights act which means that law needs to be amended which would require the SCOTUS.

People with no ethics need laws to tell them how to play nicely, it does not come naturally to psychopathic haters!
Claiming how such disgustingly ignorant behavior is beneficial to society in general would make a good read!

Are you one of those religious hypocrites who demand the right to follow your religion with acts of hate and persecution?

That one takes the cake for stupid questions though.

Way to sidestep the issue.
Typical...
This discussion is over.
Enjoy your Hell, share it widely!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Those are all stupid questions because they are already protected from discrimination. You are resorting to logical fallacies now.

so isn't the disabled though...

and the religious....
who are the main ones claiming the right to discriminate. so a restaurant owner can't send a large group of holier than now and letting everyone know it christians out the door and to the restaurant across the street, but a tow truck driver and make a disabled lady wait for ever an hour believing that when he comes he will tow her car, begin hooking that car to the tow truck, and then decide he just isn't going to tow her because of a bumper sticker on her car..... because he feels "God told him to". well the christians can easily jump in their cars drive to the nearest restaurant of their choice, probably have their choice within walking distance, and gee, they are blessed with the ability to walk the distance!! the disabled lady wasn't so blessed!

I don't know if what the tow truck driver did was legal or not, but I do know that there is a problem with the laws if one group can be protected from such treatment while being allowed to dish that kind of treatment out to others!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Straw man? You can't seriously think that fits can you? Based on some of the questions you've asked so far I am not surprised. You need to research what a fallacy is because you are the one committing them. You claimed "we the people" sign business licenses when that isn't the case. You made the claim, you have to prove that you indirectly sign those licenses. You can't, because that isn't how it works.

Claiming how such disgustingly ignorant behavior is beneficial to society in general would make a good read!

See. That's a perfect example of a logical fallacy because who has defended his behavior? Certainly not me. I've defended where the law stands on it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
36 pages of debate whether this tow truck driver should or should not help the victim (and yes it's a victim, try being in a car accident and you'll see).

What happened with this world?
Of course he should tow her. It's not about religion, it's not about politics, it's not about gender crap, it's not about Trump, Hillary...
It's his job and common sense - to help someone is right thing to do even if he is your enemy.

He is not Christian, he is not republican - he is human filth and if Jesus exist he will explain that to him one day

I worked with gays, lesbians, Muslim, Catholics, Jews, Republicans, Democrats and one thing was for sure -
I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BELIEVE - I'M HERE TO DO MY JOB

And if they needed help - i'll help

I wonder would he allow gay democrat firefighter to enter his property if fire was taking his house? Or would he wait for
"true Christian" to show up?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Dinamo

The debate wasn't about if he should have helped her. It was about if it was legal for him to not help her. He was within his legal right to be an a hole.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
a reply to: windword

Oh, I thought the victim was left torn up and bloody, from the title.

Well, we'll see. Maybe people shouldn't have been forcing people to do stuff?

Yeah, he should clearly specify on the call which religions and "principles" he requires before working for someone. Perhaps he should have a checklist every customer must pass before driving there to do his work.

“I have the same principles there”

Or none at all

edit on 27-5-2016 by WarriorMH because: Grammaaaar!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

He's an extra large a hole.

But is he obliged to help? Well I'm not familiar with your laws.

Here , he must help.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35   >>

join