It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright yellow dot in Kyalami sky

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
So, a few days ago I saw a UFO. I'm not insinuating it was alien or supernatural in nature but it was a flying object and I certainly couldn't identify it. I'm hoping someone here can supply a plausible explanation...

On the 30th of April at around 16:30 (GMT+2), I was lying on a deck chair in my yard catching some late afternoon sun. Apart from a few wisps of cloud off to the East, the sky was clear and visibility was good. I noticed a bright yellow dot (which at first my brain told me was a balloon) traveling silently across the sky from West to East. I then realised that it wasn't moving aimlessly like a balloon but more like an aircraft going from one point to another point. I stood up from my deck chair and watched it go overhead toward the wispy clouds. When I saw it in relation to the clouds, I realised it was about the height of a plane so would be too big to be a balloon and too high for these drone toys everyone has nowadays. I called my husband (who is a big space nerd) to come and look. When he saw it, he was like 'WTF?'' and ran off to grab his spyglass. When he got back it was literally a pin prick in size just disappearing above the wispy clouds so unfortunately he didn't get a closer look. It took about a minute from when I first noticed it on the West till it disappeared on the East, so it was moving fast.

We have grand central airport nearby so are accustomed to seeing aircraft overhead often. I have never seen anything like this though.

I looked at Google images to see if I could find something similar and it was kind of like this only sharper:
activite-paranormale.net...

I live not too far from the Kyalami racetrack. I'm not sure if anyone else in the area saw it, but a quick search online told me that others have seen the same thing in Pretoria* (about half an hour North of me) over the years.

* Pretoria Sightings:
uforsa.co.za...
uforsa.co.za...

I really want to know what that thing was.

edit on f2016xTue, 03 May 2016 04:58:17 -05002016x16 by foxroxy because: grammar

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: foxroxy

Its aliens

edit on 3-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I know you say it was too big to be a Balloon but....Balloons can be any size people make them. Zeppelins were balloons and they were pretty massive.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I know you surmised it wasn't a balloon…

I live not too far from the Kyalami racetrack. I'm not sure if anyone else in the area saw it, but a quick search online told me that others have seen the same thing in Pretoria* (about half an hour North of me) over the years.

Do they sell helium balloons there?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Spirit airlines.
Bright yellow planes.

thedesignair.net...

Not sure if they are only in U.S..
Could have been big Bird too. He's yellow though I'm also not sure if he flies at all.
You know what? Never mind. I'm not sure of too much. It's been raining here for a week. A bright yellow thing moving across the sky could be the sun but I wouldn't recognize that anymore either.
edit on 532016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I know you say it was too big to be a Balloon but....Balloons can be any size people make them. Zeppelins were balloons and they were pretty massive.

Good point. Though zeppelins and blimps are oval not round - or can they be round? Maybe a person who knows more about blimp type things could confirm if they travel as fast as I've mentioned and also if blimps are silent?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I had a Feeling your first thread was going to be about a ufo sighting,idk how i knew but i Knew

Interesting,and thank you for sharing. I looked at the pic and wow yes that is fascinating indeed. Here in Mpumalanga Province,out in the Bush,we have had had many ufo sightings ourselves,over the years we've been here. Some years are more active than others,with winter being the most active in general for that type of thing.

That yellow orb makes me think of an orange one that used to come by here,it was a bright orange orb like a light. The first time i saw it,i was walking inside after dark,and noticed something orange from the corner of my eye.I looked to the East where it was-so strange,this big orange light orb-at first i thought it was a flare. But it hung in the sky steady,did not descend or move. I watched it in puzzlement for a while,then started to walk closer on my lawn-and it swept off,in a kind of backwards arc. After that it would come by often,and hang around for a while. I had no halfway decent camera back then,just a crappy lil cell,so i couldn't take any photo's. The times it came by later,it would always be much higher up in the sky. But we played a lil game,of "flashing" each other,i would use a torch,and it would also dim and bright. My firstborn came out to feed the dogs one evening just after dark and asked me what i was doing,and i said "playing with a ufo". She saw it and was gobsmacked. That thing gave her the heebie-jeebies. But it always gave me a warm feeling around the heart,a feeling of joy and happiness whenever it came around.

I think it's still around,and at times of nerve-wrecking crisis or great sadness,it has briefly shown itself-for some reason seeing it always makes me feel better,and stronger in hard times.

I actually made a quick sketch of it,of the first time it came,when it was close. I was doing a lot of manual art those days,now i do digital art,here's the sketch. That tail thing is to try and get across the sweeping backwards arc it made when i started walking closer.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I know you surmised it wasn't a balloon…

Do they sell helium balloons there?

I'm not sure if they sell helium balloons at the racetrack but having seen how high it was, I would immediately dismiss it as being an ordinary helium balloon. At that height, it must have been pretty big - if I had to guess, I 'd say maybe the size of an ordinary plane without the wings - so the thickness of the fuselage but a perfect circle if that makes sense. It also moved like something with an engine - not something carried along with the wind.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Spirit airlines.
Bright yellow planes.

thedesignair.net...

Not sure if they are only in U.S..
Could have been big Bird too. He's yellow though I'm also not sure if he flies at all.
You know what? Never mind. I'm not sure of too much. It's been raining here for a week. A bright yellow thing moving across the sky could be the sun but I wouldn't recognize that anymore either.

Haha, shame dude, you need to spend some time outdoors by the sounds of things...but to address your theory...no, wrong shape to be a plane or a bird. This was broad daylight and the thing was round and quite crisp around the edges.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

You're lucky to live in MP - such a beautiful place.
Gorgeous sketch and interesting story.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

It also moved like something with an engine - not something carried along with the wind.

Probing further… you say it moved like something with an engine. Like it changed direction, or 'drifted along' one direction one speed, and at what speed ? Airliner or speed of prevailing wind?

Edit: Btw, I live down wind from several amusement parks, we are in the zone of travel and fallout of balloons released from there. Sometimes they are specks high in the sky, sometimes they drift along at lo level, sometimes we find their remains in trees or on the ground.

At high altitude they appear to behave differently than they do near the ground. The difference in distance to our eye and the winds aloft vs near the ground can significantly alter their appearance and behavior. The higher the stronger the winds, and the harder to estimate actual height. Based on knowing these are the same balloons released from the same place, its easier to identify them as balloons.

They all drift at one slow speed and direction, with the prevailing wind.
edit on 3-5-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Great news on the sightingfoxroxy. Looks like you've seen a genuine yellow type ufo orb
I can remember someone years ago posting something here about an old SA ufo mag, looks like you have plenty of things going on in your neighbourhood.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It also moved like something with an engine - not something carried along with the wind.

Probing further… you say it moved like something with an engine. Like it changed direction, or 'drifted along' one direction one speed, and at what speed ? Airliner or speed of prevailing wind?

It moved at the speed of a normal plane, maybe a bit faster and it moved across the sky without dropping or gaining altitude. It's difficult to guess at what the wind was like up there, but the wispy clouds didn't seem to be moving at all so probably quite calm.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

It's difficult to guess at what the wind was like up there, but the wispy clouds didn't seem to be moving at all so probably quite calm.

One problem with perception in my edited post. The higher something is the harder to tell its relative motion. All clouds are moving.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Great news on the sightingfoxroxy. Looks like you've seen a genuine yellow type ufo orb
I can remember someone years ago posting something here about an old SA ufo mag, looks like you have plenty of things going on in your neighbourhood.

I've just googled this 'yellow type ufo orb' that you mention. It seems like quite a common sighting so maybe my UFO falls into that category, but the only thing is that most of the pictures on Google look like a yellow light. The one I saw didn't look like a light but rather something solid and bright yellow in colour.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

You do realize that truthfully no one can make an accurate ascertain based on just seeing a yellow dot in the sky... It could be anything, even a bird.. So it will remain unidentified, so then why not just assume it was aliens?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I'm an avid gardener and lol not a dude . I forgot you said round.
And no chance it was a balloon? Could have been lower in the sky than it appeared and moving with a mid range current.
Hell I thought a puddle was a lake from the interior of an airplane once. We touched down so softly I thought we were still in the air and that the puddles alongside the runway was a lake. True story. Kennedy airport NYC which is built on a tidal swamp so surrounded by water anyway.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It's difficult to guess at what the wind was like up there, but the wispy clouds didn't seem to be moving at all so probably quite calm.

One problem with perception in my edited post. The higher something is the harder to tell its relative motion. All clouds are moving.

Yes, I agree the clouds must have been moving, but in relation to the object or UFO, they were stationery. This is what makes me discount the idea of wind carrying it along.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

You do realize that truthfully no one can make an accurate ascertain based on just seeing a yellow dot in the sky... It could be anything, even a bird.. So it will remain unidentified, so then why not just assume it was aliens?

Yes, I realise the chances of this being solved are slim, but I'm interested in any plausible theories nonetheless. I'm not saying that aliens are not plausible. If the definition of 'alien' is 'a being not of this planet', then you might say I worship an alien, and if this 'alien' (the Christian God) is powerful enough to create one civilization, then why not others? So, I'm not discounting aliens, but if someone can point out some natural explanation that also makes sense, I'll listen to that too. Maybe there are circular drones that fly above the clouds now - who knows?

The only things I'm certain of is what it wasn't: a bird, a plane or an ordinary balloon.

Anyway, now that I've created this online record of what happened, somebody else who saw the same thing (and maybe knows more) might stumble across this post and offer further insight.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'm an avid gardener and lol not a dude . I forgot you said round.
And no chance it was a balloon? Could have been lower in the sky than it appeared and moving with a mid range current.
Hell I thought a puddle was a lake from the interior of an airplane once. We touched down so softly I thought we were still in the air and that the puddles alongside the runway was a lake. True story. Kennedy airport NYC which is built on a tidal swamp so surrounded by water anyway.

Sorry, it's difficult to judge peoples gender on this site.

When the object disappeared in the East, it was just touching the top tendrils of those wispy clouds I mentioned, so if it was a balloon, it was a blimp-sized balloon. Also, as I mentioned to intrptr above, it didn't move like a balloon. It raced across the sky like a jet. Look, I'm no weather girl, so it's possible I've misread or misunderstood how wind works up there, but because the clouds seemed stationery in relation to the object, it made it look like the object was self-propelled rather than carried by wind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join