It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Speaker Boehner Calls Cruz 'Lucifer in the Flesh'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This shows how the other insiders view Cruz:

John Boehner is not a big fan of Ted Cruz.

So much so, in fact, that the former Republican House Speaker told an audience at Stanford University Wednesday that the Texas senator is "Lucifer in the flesh" and a "miserable son of a bitch."

"Lucifer in the flesh," Boehner said, according to the paper. "I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life."

He added that he would vote for Donald Trump in a general election if he becomes the Republican nominee but that he would not vote for Cruz.

I don't see how Cruz continues his delusional thinking that he is going to somehow steal the nomination.

If anything, the Republicans would choose someone else if they derail Trump.

They are just using Cruz to hold back Trump as much as they can.

Perhaps Kasich does not even like him, and that is why he went back on their deal this week,

Former Speaker Boehner Calls Cruz 'Lucifer in the Flesh'
edit on 4/28/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Errr...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

First off, Boehner is a boner himself, and no one cares.

2ndly (and this is a highly opinionated statement), 'Lucifer in the Flesh' would apply much more easily to Hillary Clinton. Cruz is like those televangelists who get tons of followers but most people see through his BS.

Idiots, all of them. I'm sick of it (can you tell? lol)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I lol'd. I couldn't help it.

It seems like almost everyone Cruz has had to work with despises him. If they wouldn't listen to him when he was their equal, what in hades makes him (or any of us) believe he will be able to successfully work with them if he becomes president??

edit on 4/28/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
And I continue to dislike them both intensely.

I only voted for Trump in the primary because I want to see the Republican Party PAY FOR THEIR FAILURE!

They still won't get the message.
They are completely disconnected from their constituents.... as are the Democratic Party leadership.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I never liked Boehner, but I can probably agree with his description of Cruz. Heck, even Cruz's college buddies didn't like him. That's pretty sad, considering most college buddies have nothing but good memories or their friends.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
If anything, the Republicans would choose someone else if they derail Trump.

Exactly. I think Cruz is delusional...

And I think this is the second time I've completely agreed with John Boehner...

AND, I find I'm oddly looking forward to the experience of a Trump presidency... Not in a good way, but it would shake things up. My concern is that there will be unavoidable consequences in this country and in the world that will be hard to clean up after...

Trump WILL get "the talk" if he becomes president. So many think he can't be bought... He'll be bought if his family (or something else valuable to him) is threatened...

But yeah, Cruz is FAR more dangerous.

a reply to: gladtobehere

LOL!

a reply to: butcherguy

Totally agree!!

edit on 4/28/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Cruz does have a strong following though. They tend to be low information voters that are easily pulled into his religious cult.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It does seem that it is hard to find someone who knows Cruz personally and actually likes him.

Except for Carly apparently. But she is probably using him too. I don't like what I see of her either.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Eww, he's the devil… pfft. Putting religion to work in politics…

Who votes for the devil, if you do, and if you dooo, you'll go to hell too.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
They are of the same in some ways: Boehner and Cruz both cry a lot. Cruz just hasn't cried much in public. Not yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I lol'd. I couldn't help it.

It seems like almost everyone Cruz has had to work with despises him. If they wouldn't listen to him when he was their equal, what in hades makes him (or any of us) believe he will be able to successfully work with them if he becomes president??

Here's the thing:

There is all this evidence to suggest that even thought Cruz was "in the system," he obviously wasn't working as part of it (i.e. he was an outsider). He was like that kid who went his own way in school; he was there but everyone sort of went around him.

But now the Trumpists won't have anything to do with him because he was "in the system" and is thus too much of an insider.

We have to make up our minds which it is and what we want. Do we want someone who works with people like Boehner and goes along to get along, or do we want someone who gets what we want and need to be done despite what the current political system wants?

It seems to me that someone who works with them is going to be disappointing no matter how that person happens to be, and someone who doesn't work well with them because they are fighting them will be frustrating too because progress will come slowly if at all.

Are we prepared for that?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is all this evidence to suggest that even thought Cruz was "in the system," he obviously wasn't working as part of it (i.e. he was an outsider). He was like that kid who went his own way in school; he was there but everyone sort of went around him.

I got a chuckle out of this one. Yes, he's like the outsider in the schoolyard. The one who grows up to be the lone rooftop sniper, or given residence at the funny farm because his "eccentricities" render him incompatible with the rest of society. He doesn't play well with others. In this case, that's not a good thing.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I don't see how Cruz continues his delusional thinking that he is going to somehow steal the nomination.

It's the media that is causing Cruz all the delusions, for example: if you have Windows 10 look at the "News" app that comes with Windows.... totally anti-Trump, news as if Cruz has a chance. I think MSN is butt hurt over Trump, I only open that app for political laughs.

edit on 28-4-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Isnt lucifer catholic Prometheus? Cruz is about as far from that as possible if i am not mistaken.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: ketsuko

I got a chuckle out of this one. Yes, he's like the outsider in the schoolyard. The one who grows up to be the lone rooftop sniper, or given residence at the funny farm because his "eccentricities" render him incompatible with the rest of society. He doesn't play well with others. In this case, that's not a good thing.

It isn't if you like the status quo.

But think about it .... we all agree that the establishment, aka business as usual on both sides, is the problem. So why would anyone WANT someone who can work with them which means cutting deals with them which basically means doing things THEIR way? It means more of the same.

And, as the odd kid out on the schoolyard myself, I think it's no bad thing to have someone around who doesn't automatically kowtow to what everyone else thinks just to everyone else will "like" you. That's half the problem in society today. We're acting like a bunch of sheep, not fully realized individual human beings.

Oh no! If I don't like Kim Kardashian and dress like the local retail says I should and carry the latest iPhone ... no one will like me ...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I am a democrat but I would much rather have Trump than Cruz as POTUS. I get vibes, no psychic but...vibes or whatever. I honestly get good vibes from Trump...hes not evil. Not that he is fit to be president, hes just a rich, dumb guy going for the gold and to him that's POTUS.

Cruz will ruin the United States.

Obama was rich in good vibes

I know its lame but Im a viber

edit on 28-4-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 28-4-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
In any case, I find it a little disturbing that Boehner has made this comparison. Maybe people should listen.

I remember when I used to hate Boehner. It seems like such a long time ago. I will develop a fondness for him however, if he continues to make remarks such as this. : )

Take 'em down Johnny Boy!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

LOL! Yeah, I was just going to post this....glad you beat me to it, though; S/F Ajah!

This made me smile.....the "Anointed One", the darling of the Dominionists -----orrr ----------- Lucifer in the Flesh. Hmmm.

Imagine how dull conversation would be if we weren't able to use religious terminology to emphasize our points.!!!!!

Religion: its own vocabulary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join