It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Center 'humbled' by decision to put MLK on $5 bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Metallicus
ETA: Neil Armstrong comes to mind.

he just..what?
What did Neil do?
How many peoples lives did Tubman save? Neil was a test pilot on a bucket to the moon that a fair percentage of the world thinks didn't even happen. I mean hell, compared to Neil, the Wright brothers are far more deserving..without them, no flight, no spaceships, no federation of light!

Agreed. Neil Armstrong could have been easily replaced by any other trained astronaut and history would be the same. Nothing too special about that. These others though were actually unique.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
No one outranks the founding fathers in their degree of importance to our history, culture, and destiny. This is just about getting people to forget their country's constitutional origins. How soon before they put an image of Elvis on the currency?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So how long will it be until we start seeing accusations of racism for putting him on the back instead of the front?
Any bets?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghaleon12

originally posted by: SaturnFX

ETA: Neil Armstrong comes to mind.

he just..what?
What did Neil do?
How many peoples lives did Tubman save? Neil was a test pilot on a bucket to the moon that a fair percentage of the world thinks didn't even happen. I mean hell, compared to Neil, the Wright brothers are far more deserving..without them, no flight, no spaceships, no federation of light!

Agreed. Neil Armstrong could have been easily replaced by any other trained astronaut and history would be the same. Nothing too special about that. These others though were actually unique.

Damn, you all are hating on Neil Armstrong.

He was the coolest dude when I was a child growing up. Walking on the moon is arguably the greatest human achievement of all time. Maybe you all don't remember how cool it was watching the moon landings as a kid.

I was hooked.
edit on 2016/4/27 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

I support the King picture on the $5 way more than Tubman on the $20. I have a lot of respect for Dr. King, but I think they could have done better on the $20 than Tubman. I would actually like to see King on the front of the $5. Lincoln already has the penny.

I feel the exact same way. It's not that I have any issues with Tubman, just that (and I'm going to get flack for this) she's not nearly as well known as MLK. I would bet that maybe 50% of Americans would know who she was off the top of their heads. Which isn't to say she wasn't an amazing person, it just seems weird to go Tubman over MLK.

I don't care enough to even sign a petition, just a little confused by the choices. As resistant as I am to a lot of the PC nonsense, I would like to see a woman or black person or both (which makes Tubman make slightly more sense) on some of our currency.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I agree whole heartedly. Not to mention - I wonder how much these new designs cost tax payers for the changes in printing equipment, design process, etc.

Is this even necessary these days?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Mlk is an ancient word for "king" and also an abbreviation for molech. DONT YOU PEOPLE SEE?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I said it in the Tubman thread and I will here... I feel like from the administration it's more of a a slap in the face and forcing this down people's throats. If it would have cam from any other admin I would be ok... I truly question the intentions of these, plus don't we have more important things going on right now?

Are they really worried about who is on the money or that the people will never get to see the money because people are losing jobs due to the ACA etc.

Our tax dollars at work... Seems quite literal here

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

well he does have KING in his name so..yeah its kinda obvious.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Kill him, then aggrandize him. He's probably laughing his ass off.

They did the same thing to JFK, except he only rated a 50 cent piece. Adjusted for inflation and collectors value, whats that say about the US of A?

Interesting to note MLK replaces Abe lincoln on the fiver, the champion for ending black slavery, who also was assassinated.

Gimme five…

I'd give you more than that if I could - nice post my friend. You hit the nail on the head with that one!

Maybe they will put Snowden on the Penny in say, 45 years time? Who knows

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: intrptr
Kill him, then aggrandize him. He's probably laughing his ass off.

They did the same thing to JFK, except he only rated a 50 cent piece. Adjusted for inflation and collectors value, whats that say about the US of A?

Interesting to note MLK replaces Abe lincoln on the fiver, the champion for ending black slavery, who also was assassinated.

Gimme five…

I'd give you more than that if I could - nice post my friend. You hit the nail on the head with that one!

Maybe they will put Snowden on the Penny in say, 45 years time? Who knows

In forty five years hard currency won't exist. They'll put Snowden under the Federal Reserve Bank if they get a chance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join