It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victim of the Pope Lick Monster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If you believe in the Pope Lick Monster, it may be that he claimed a victim..

A 26-year-old woman died after crossing train tracks hoping to spot a legendary half-human, half-goat creature. Roquel Bain, of Dayton, Ohio, was in Louisville, Kentucky with her boyfriend when they heard the urban legend about the mythical beast. According to the legend, a creature known as the Pope Lick Monster lives under the trestle and tricks trespassers into crossing the train tracks. Bain and her boyfriend were walking on the trestle, which stands 80 to 100 feet high, when a train surprised them, KLTV reported.

This young lady and her boyfriend were searching for this monster and it was too late when they realized that the train was approaching. She ended up falling and died, but her boyfriend survived. I am curious to see if AND when the boyfriend recovers to find out if they indeed did see something. According to legend...

The myth has it that a creature looking like a cross between a man and a goat lives under the Pope Lick trestle, next to the Fisherville neighborhood east of Louisville. The beast is rumored to hypnotize visitors and trick them into crossing the trestle, luring them to their death as they get hit by an oncoming train.

What do you think... act of foolishness or did something really cause this ?

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Nice hair, what saloon does he / it go to?

As far as the troll under the bridge, its a tale they tell young children to scare them into conforming to society, away from becoming 'homeless', i.e., a non contributing person that doesn't pay taxes.

Edit: They went looking for a monster and they found it… the train.
edit on 26-4-2016 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Interesting. The story I heard was that you just can't outrun the train and safely get off the tracks, and there is a train coming through about every 30 minutes.

I nominate this thread for best thread title of the month, maybe the year.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It does look like he has a perm going on there
It's sad because there really is nowhere to go once you are on those tracks. According to a local resident, those trains pass every half hour, so if your'e not paying attention, it's too late...

Very sad !

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
a reply to: intrptr

It does look like he has a perm going on there
It's sad because there really is nowhere to go once you are on those tracks. According to a local resident, those trains pass every half hour, so if your'e not paying attention, it's too late...

Very sad !

They can't stop in time either. Thats really scary for engineers, they see someone on the tracks and theres nothing they can do except flash really bright lights and sound really loud horns…

Hey, didn't yo momma tell you not to play on the tracks?
edit on 26-4-2016 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I had never heard of the Pope Lick monster,
Thought it was a Vatican scandal story

Sorry

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I bet she don't do that again.

They were tourists and did a really dumb thing. I just wonder why she didn't opt for the 80 foot plunge.

Police said the couple noticed a train barreling toward them and tried to get out of its way. Bain’s boyfriend dangled off the edge of the tracks, and emerged unscathed after climbing down. But Bain was struck by the train and plummeted more than 80 feet to the ground, police said. She was pronounced dead at the scene at 7:39 p.m.

Maybe they need to put a sign up at both ends of the bridge stating the track is active and trains come through frequently. How do you prevent stupid?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ironically, the couple was headed to visit a sanatorium, on a ghost hunting trip!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh c'mon. They got hit by a train. A train! They were not victims of a fake monster.

It's even in the article and yet you put up such a false thread title?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Please clarify, was that image of the boyfriend, the engineer or a game camera of the monster?
Please supply that requested info so I can make a better estimation of the incident.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
For people that are interested in cryptozoology you sure are smart asses. Why the sarcasm? Also if these people went out knowing what they were looking for I'm sure they would have kept track of when the trains came. It's pretty hard to not notice when a train is coming, they sound from far away. So why would they walk out on the tracks knowing what creature they were chasing, knowing they were near the tracks, and be totally unaware of the sound of the train?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: aidottherapy
It's pretty hard to not notice when a train is coming, they sound from far away.

When on the mainline they only use their horn for grade crossings, if this was in the middle of the woods there would have been no horn.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

There's been a few other deaths related to this, as well as a 1988 short film on the Pope Lick Monster legend.

Jack “J.C.” Charles Bahm II, a 17-year old Spalding University student, was struck and killed by a train February 18, 1987 while crossing the trestle. He has since been eulogized at the site of his death. “JC we love and miss you” is spray painted on the trestle’s base. In May 1987, 19-year-old David Wayne Bryant died of injuries obtained in 1986 when he jumped from the trestle to dodge an oncoming locomotive.

www.dailydot.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foundryman
Oh c'mon. They got hit by a train. A train! They were not victims of a fake monster.

It's even in the article and yet you put up such a false thread title?

It's been a legend in that area of Kentucky since the '60s.

join