It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

You will catch a lot of flak on here,and i'd wager on most sites,for stating that you believe abortion is murder. For what it's worth,i agree with you.I also don't care if people on here dislike me for my deepest beliefs.I mean,if one is too intimidated here by worry of being disliked for one's beliefs and convictions,what's the point of posting on this site at all?

I agree 100%. I'm no "anti-abortionist" that pickets outside of a Planned Parenthood office or anything, but I just hate injustice, no matter what form it takes, and when I see it, I have to confront it. I just happen to be in this particular arena at the moment LOL. I have to keep going though. The media has proven that even if one is hated, people will still listen, absorb information, and act on that information as if it were a road map for their lives, if you keep it in their Consciousness, and play it over and over. I appreciate the sentiment however, and I respect your opinion. Star from me.
edit on 27-4-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Pretty boring existence to just be saying offhand, "oh, that's just this" and "that's just that" "no biggie"

"don't make too much of it" "nothing to see here"

The whole universe is getting to be just 1 big yawn, right?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
People need to actually read the actual article instead of relying on someone to summarize it for you. Seems to be a common theme in our media with those having an agenda. The flash of light is actually a result of a flurophore or fluorescent compound that is added to the embryo culture by the researcher...it is exogenous and not endogenously created. It's a commercially available dye sold by companies such as Invitrogen. The flurophore binds with calcium and/or zinc to allow them to image the passage of ions in and out of cells with a microscope. These dyes are typically used in cell biology...how do I know? Because I have used them in my own research to look at ion movement through channels. This is not magic. Is there ion movement with fertilization.absolutely. That's about all this research shows. Go to the journal and look at the article. It's free to view.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Here is the link to the article. Look at the methods section.
www.nature.com...

Not to discount the entertaining discussion but I find the lack of attempts to get to the root source of information the greatest source of disinformation.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I read the article in the OP and found it interesting. I read some of the comments in the thread and they seem to all be "is this a soul" type of things.

Did you read the entire article?

"The bright flash occurs because when sperm enters an egg it leads to a surge of calcium which triggers the release of zinc from the egg. As the zinc shoots out, it binds to small molecules which emit a fluorescence which can be picked up by camera microscopes."

while it is interesting, I don't think it is anything special. Every time a firefly glows that doesn't mean a soul is being created. This sounds like it's more a chemical type of reaction like how fireflys can light up

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

I was about to write this up but you did, thank you.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Of course the metaphysical implications are completely overlooked by the Scientists...

That's not their job. Do you want your butcher to fix your roof? Or give you landscaping advice?

Scientists jobs are to do science. Simple.

In my opinion the metaphysical stuff is bull plop. So im happy they stay away from it and concentrate on the stuff that actually matters.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I don't know the biological 'mechanics' of what physical phenomena is generating the flash of light, but since quantum physics is at play, it's possible this is more to do with particle physics than it is esoteric phenomena.

Photons are the 'gluons' that bind electrons to an atomic nucleus...the sperm fertilising the ovum could be thought of as the formation of a new 'molecule'..and photons would be active holding the new atomic 'molecule' fusing together.

My money (ok...i don't have any money, but you know what i mean) is on photons being integral to the fusing and start point of the atoms forming the zygot.

'Beings of light'...springs to mind, but not in the way the New agers usually think it.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The photons are only generated when the zinc and calcium held within the cell is released from its depot and binds the artificial fluorescent dye that the researcher added to the mix and the laser on the microscope excites the dye. Without the artificial dye and light source on the microscope there are no photons. This is not an endogenous source of photons..merely a tool by which the researcher can measure the calcium and zinc being released upon fertilization.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Been saying this for years but it is the big bang. A new universe is born.
That is the only way the big bang theory makes sense. The universe is fractal.

Oh my gosh you just sent my mind flying off into the universe. It's beautiful out here. Thank you!

Hey, that's my quote! Not Tzar

Yes I've thought that for a long time now. It's the only way that 'everything' can come out of 'nothing'.
Our Universe is God's child. Are we born yet or still in the womb?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

"The only real valuable thing is intuition." - Albert Einstein
Intuition and spirituality are two of the same kind.
Do we have to separate spiritual guiding and science. I doubt it after reading some of these quotes.
www.ideachampions.com...

I feel free to let speak my intuition. Sorry real scientist believers. (Scientists who are wrong most of the time but we refuse to see it. But all in all I’m glad they exist. No offense.)

Life begins with a little spark of life that has to grow. No light = no life = no soul. Even if the light comes from zinc or cupper or whatever. It stays a light. And all religions speak about a relationship between light, life and a soul. A coincidence? Maybe. They also speak about a light in the afterlife. Also a coincidence? Maybe.

I think the light sparks a germ of life (of a soul). All living things have a germ of a soul.

In the beginning that germ is somewhat the same in humans and animals. But in some humans it seems to grow until it’s a tree. And that is because the DNA of the sperm and egg is changed by our extraterrestrial creators.

Before you judge: allow me to repeat that It’s only my spiritual guidance that speaks.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

This is how religious individuals reason everything. I can't explain it, therefore it must be God. How about we don't know yet, but we will try to find out before jumping to a conclusion of supernatural being.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gdelirium454

I specifically asked if these scientists had a biological explanation and if not it "could be" the 'life spark' OP mentioned. just speculating - not jumping to ANY conclusions

It's also sad to see how quickly people will discredit an idea and try to put them down instead of accepting their beliefs. Religion is a huge thing, practiced by billions of people. You should try to be more accepting and not try to belittle others because you think their beliefs are "stupid", or whatever the reasoning is.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

30% of US population attends church or other religious institutions regularly. Sure, 80% of US population still considers themselves associated with some religious organization ... mainly because their parents showed it down their throats since they opened their month to eat. There is however a big difference between believing and saying that you believe or belong.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Because I shine a flashlight down a dark hall and it reflects off a mirror isn't evidence that the mirror provided the light.

Don't ignore the science to justify the religion. The spark they speak of is a biological change that occurs with fertilization. The same biological change can occur with calcium when a muscle cell contracts. In both cases fluorescent dyes are added by the scientist to visualize the event. Is fertilization an amazing event that initiates a cascade of incredible biological changes...absolutely. But all this research shows is the physical event that occurs when the membrane of the egg is breached by the sperm that triggers zinc and calcium cascades responsible for cell division and development of the cell.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Is it better to exaggerate or make something is what it isn't?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is so interesting. Wonder if it meant something more than just a normal occurrence? Wonder if it indeed was the creation of the soul? Exciting times we live in.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

No it's called speculation. Only idiots attack speculation they don't agree with because of their own personal bigotry. Oh...did I say that out loud...sorry :0

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScoobyWho
The photons are only generated when the zinc and calcium held within the cell is released from its depot and binds the artificial fluorescent dye that the researcher added to the mix and the laser on the microscope excites the dye. Without the artificial dye and light source on the microscope there are no photons. This is not an endogenous source of photons..merely a tool by which the researcher can measure the calcium and zinc being released upon fertilization.

Quoted because people still aren't getting it.

Seems like people are missing the real issue and settling for the age-old dog# called religion.
When you put a seed in the ground a code is executed and the plant begins to grow. If you make a compost heap, it'll get warm, because the ground's having sex. Earth is #ing all the time. Total nympho. She loves it.
Everything is code, life is code. Unlike faith, we can reproduce such results EVERY time.
It's the 21st Century and at this point we're just holding ourselves back by believing in a magical Cloud Guy instead of actual facts. The Facts are ten times more interesting, scary, bizarre, weird, and everything we can't imagine all in one. It's all 1 and 0 quiet literally, and that's frankly....terrifyingly intriguing.
edit on 29-4-2016 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SanitySearcher

Speculation itself is not immune to to idiocracy. "It must be magic because some old book says so" doesn't strike me as particularly enlightened.

And no, stupidity is not a protected class so pointing it out does not make one a bigot.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join