It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just In - Cruz, Kasich Campaigns Announce Collaboration To Deny Trump Delegates...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

This is so shady girls in coconut bikinis should be serving drinks with little umbrellas in them under it.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
When politicians start playing games like this you know the system is messed up. Vote for who you want to be president, period. If you don't like anybody on the ballot then leave it empty. When you vote for somebody just to keep somebody else out you are playing 'angles' that should not exist in our system.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Does the GOP not realize that all this thwarting Trump tactics are just going to blow up in their face? What do you think Trump supporters are going to do if the GOP delegate-blocks their candidate at the convention.? All those new to the party voters will NOT support other candidates. The GOP will suffer a historic defeat if you they choose to this path.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
For crying out loud..

Like it or not Trump beat all of them in the primaries. Of the 3 choices he's number 1. Too bad if you dont like that, its a fact.

Now Cruz and Kasich decide whats best for the republicans, all because the public said they were not ?

This just makes me want Trump to kick all their asses now and win the whole damn thing just so he can clear out these tossers.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Which may be the sub plot...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I was under the impression campaigns could not coordinate like this.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

It's OK. Corruption is completely legal in the US as long as it is blatant.

P

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
When politicians start playing games like this you know the system is messed up. Vote for who you want to be president, period. If you don't like anybody on the ballot then leave it empty. When you vote for somebody just to keep somebody else out you are playing 'angles' that should not exist in our system.

So true. It's how it's been working unfortunately. It's how the two Party system persists. Whistleblowers have been shot down for bringing light to these tactics over the years. This time around the corrupt establishment doesn't even care how abrasive it is(Dems and Repubs) because of feeling so confident the public won't catch on. This time however the public is catching on due to affecting their guys.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Does the GOP not realize that all this thwarting Trump tactics are just going to blow up in their face? What do you think Trump supporters are going to do if the GOP delegate-blocks their candidate at the convention.? All those new to the party voters will NOT support other candidates. The GOP will suffer a historic defeat if you they choose to this path.

It might be the overall intention of their actions because the president is already selected not elected. The presidential voting is part of the show in the illusion of choice that -makes them complacent so they don't rise up/follow conspiracy that there's something not right- the public is tricked into thinking that they have a choice. In their mind, Trump will be the fall guy for destroying the party.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I realize that it's not illegal to do this and that it falls within the rules, but does that make it right?

Exactly. Just because there's rules, doesn't mean those rules are democratically fair or make it a crime to bribe and manipulate delegates. This election is exposing how manipulative and rigged our election system really is on both the Republican and Democratic side. For a country that prides itself on free and democratic elections, our government should be ashamed of themselves for allowing such "rules."

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The mask is well and truly off the establishment now.
Plotting against the American people in the open!
edit on 25/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Showing they are delusional again.
How do they think that Cruz and/or Kasich will win a popular vote in November when they are failing so badly in the primaries. There is no way it can happen.

And their tactics are going to make so many of the normal voters angry that the Republican party will be done.
Watch as they lose not only the White House, but every seat from Congress down to local offices.
edit on 4/25/16 by BlueAjah because: November not December, its early

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Ignoring the will of the people.

2016 will be the year the American people en-mass realise that their elections are rigged from the get-go.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The Republican party will be DEAD in the water if these two guys "stitch up" Trump. As a interested person living outside the USA, any attempt to rig the nomination will give the democrats the white house whoever their candidate is. cheers...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

DOA is definitely what they will be and very few tears will be shed should that happen due to their own machinations.

It's pretty bad when folks like you and UKTruth (above) don't even reside here and can clearly see what is going on here. It's also embarrassing IMO. Everyone involved in this mess should be embarrassed.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This I would expect from Ted Cruz...it's not slimy enough for him to be concentrating his efforts on buying party-insider delegates, instead of seeking to win based on the will of the people (obviously because the people have spoken - and he is not their choice), now he is going to try to rig the outcome in key states by openly colluding with another candidate.

Kasich agreeing to this sleezy tactic is the real head scratcher. First he has no path (by a million miles) to 1237. Second, under the rules as they stand now - his name cannot even be entered into nomination, because he has not won, and will not win, 8 States. Even though the rules can theoretically be changed just prior to the Convention, with Trump and Cruz supporters in the majority on the rules committee; why would they change it give him a shot?

Just another sad day in the life/times of the Republican Party. They still don't seem to get it, that the people have decided that:

a) they don't like the Republican old boys network
b) they are sick and tired of nothing ever getting done in Washington
c) they are done with the direct influence, and control, that "big money" has on the political class
d) they are tired of the beating the U.S. is taking on jobs and international trade
e) they want something (really, actually) done to stop the flow of people and drugs over the Southern border

They want Trump.

Cruz needs to go back and slither under the Canadian rock(ies) he came from. Kasich, well, go back and spend some time in the State that you were elected to govern.

Final thought, since by this stunt Kasich has probably removed himself from contention on a Trump ticket (though who really knows in politics) - is it possible that Rubio could come back out of the shadows and agree to be the VP for "con man" Donald Trump?
edit on 25-4-2016 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure how to link to this specific post, but he says it so well:

DONALD J. TRUMP RESPONSE TO CRUZ AND KASICH CAMPAIGNS

It is sad that two grown politicians have to collude against one person who has only been a politician for ten months in order to try and stop that person from getting the Republican nomination.

Senator Cruz has done very poorly and after his New York performance, which was a total disaster, he is in free fall and as everyone has seen, he does not react well under pressure. Also, approximately 80% of the Republican Party is against him. Governor Kasich, who has only won 1 state out of 41, in other words, he is 1 for 41 and he is not even doing as well as other candidates who could have stubbornly stayed in the race like him but chose not to do so. Marco Rubio, as an example, has more delegates than Kasich and yet suspended his campaign one month ago. Others, likewise, have done much better than Kasich, who would get slaughtered by Hillary Clinton once the negative ads against him begin. 85% of Republican voters are against Kasich.

Collusion is often illegal in many other industries and yet these two Washington insiders have had to revert to collusion in order to stay alive. They are mathematically dead and this act only shows, as puppets of donors and special interests, how truly weak they and their campaigns are. I have brought millions of voters into the Republican primary system and have received many millions of votes more than Cruz or Kasich. Additionally, I am far ahead of both candidates with delegates and would be receiving in excess of 60% of the vote except for the fact that there were so many candidates running against me.

Because of me, everyone now sees that the Republican primary system is totally rigged. When two candidates who have no path to victory get together to stop a candidate who is expanding the party by millions of voters, (all of whom will drop out if I am not in the race) it is yet another example of everything that is wrong in Washington and our political system. This horrible act of desperation, from two campaigns who have totally failed, makes me even more determined, for the good of the Republican Party and our country, to prevail!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I'm not sure how to link to this specific post, but he says it so well:

DONALD J. TRUMP RESPONSE TO CRUZ AND KASICH CAMPAIGNS

It is sad that two grown politicians have to collude against one person who has only been a politician for ten months in order to try and stop that person from getting the Republican nomination.

Senator Cruz has done very poorly and after his New York performance, which was a total disaster, he is in free fall and as everyone has seen, he does not react well under pressure. Also, approximately 80% of the Republican Party is against him. Governor Kasich, who has only won 1 state out of 41, in other words, he is 1 for 41 and he is not even doing as well as other candidates who could have stubbornly stayed in the race like him but chose not to do so. Marco Rubio, as an example, has more delegates than Kasich and yet suspended his campaign one month ago. Others, likewise, have done much better than Kasich, who would get slaughtered by Hillary Clinton once the negative ads against him begin. 85% of Republican voters are against Kasich.

Collusion is often illegal in many other industries and yet these two Washington insiders have had to revert to collusion in order to stay alive. They are mathematically dead and this act only shows, as puppets of donors and special interests, how truly weak they and their campaigns are. I have brought millions of voters into the Republican primary system and have received many millions of votes more than Cruz or Kasich. Additionally, I am far ahead of both candidates with delegates and would be receiving in excess of 60% of the vote except for the fact that there were so many candidates running against me.

Because of me, everyone now sees that the Republican primary system is totally rigged. When two candidates who have no path to victory get together to stop a candidate who is expanding the party by millions of voters, (all of whom will drop out if I am not in the race) it is yet another example of everything that is wrong in Washington and our political system. This horrible act of desperation, from two campaigns who have totally failed, makes me even more determined, for the good of the Republican Party and our country, to prevail!

Yep, Trump nailed it.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: Xcathdra

It's OK. Corruption is completely legal in the US as long as it is blatant.

P

And it all revolves around the RNC.

I personally am thoroughly enjoying the madness of all of this.

.... And conservatives still expect to be taken seriously.

Your own party is an absolute mess. And believe me I'm not a Democrat fan girl - they fare no better - but the conservatives have truly taken the cake this year.

You folks wanted Mitt Moneybags over Ron Paul, and now want Trump because he's an "outsider."

TPTB have orchestrated this WWE-style "but this time - it'll be different! Let's make America Great Again!," and as did the gullible masses with "Hope and change," people are eating it up.

I have never seen a demograph so vehemently defend and support a man such as conservatives and Trump. It's telling, really. Anything even remotely negative about him is considered "propoganda," or a "shameless defamation of character," while these same folks have been calling Obummer everything from a Secret-Muslim spy, to Osama Bin Laden in disguise (LOL), a leader of IS (lol), and has even been called The Anti-Christ (LOL).

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Kasich is now asking voters in Indiana to vote for him after all.
Cruz and Kasich are all over the place and in a complete panic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join