It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ATS Had a Private School ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
ATS School.

Like Hogwarts for the conspiracy folks.

No Muggles allowed.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My youngest LOVES coding and computers. Science City sounds like a good time!
We are having to pull back on activities due to my son's health, but he can still do computer stuff.
He's working on modding and coding for servers in Minecraft. It's a good launch-pad for learning java and how computers "think."

He will hopefully get to go to "heart camp" if his docs sign off, which is a medically supervised camp for kids with serious heart conditions. He went last year and loved every minute of it! I was thrilled because he got to do things I never thought he'd have a chance to experience.

Anyway - kudos on the Montessori - I be he thrives.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

Wow, it just occurs to me how much I have actually learned here, it is simply astonishing really!

We seriously have all kinds, from every walk of life, every skill set one could imagine.

Probably the best all around education that can be had these days at any price!

Too bad all our graduates would be sniped to be commentators for cable news within seconds of graduation.

I agree that it would be a great educator of all subjects.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
I can barely imagine.

ATSers showing up in trench coats and raybans, the individualistic crowd wildly over dressed or under dressed, the biker crew, the techie bunch...

Frankly I'm parking at Truebrits table there will be B*E*E*R!!!

Competing music, Zaphod,Intelgurl,Sammamishman all lazily helping a bunch of sky-gawkers. Nope....that's a satellite, nope thats a 747, nope again! Thats a star.

Tenth will have thoughtfully have roped of area's for the political mud fights and religious squabbling.

NightStar will be gathering flowers

Poor Springer....multiple burly ATSers will have to be peeling buttkissers and suckups off him like peeling a bad sunburn.

At least three curmudgonly members will be leading discussions on "Proper" thread formation, spelling possibly involving ball bats and serious language.

Our Avatar Creators will be happily doing face painting and making T-shirts cause, why not?

...best of all....it'll be free!
(except for the billboards?)

Ahahahaha! I was going to respond to this post before I even saw my name was included. This cracked me up! After I pick my flowers though, I'm hanging out at True's table.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I hope your Doc signs off so he can go to that camp. Sounds like it would be awesome for him!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The Summer program sounds awesome! Can I go? I like gardens and chickens.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You forgot what time the bacon bar will be open.

This thread is hilarious. Thanks for the laughs everyone

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Could be a fun thing,

We Brits/Irish/Aussies will run the section known as "liquid refreshment training", it will open when the first bar keep wakes up until the last one falls asleep drunk.

The Scottish members will be in charge of the deep frying research institute.

The US members will be in charge of firearms whereby a 155mm howitzer is now considered a piddly little thing just about good enough for plinking tin cans and you should carry it around with you at all times.

Aviation will be covered by Zaph, end of term assessment will be delivered by him taking everyone up to 30,000 ft and opening the back door and only those who get over 80% get a parachute.

Survival will be taught in the field and will be conducted by students tapping morse code via their .50 cal rifles laser pointer.

Bacon studies will be an integral part of the curriculum so by the end you should be able to tell where the pig was raised, where it was smoked and the correct way to eat it (hint - with more bacon).

Self defense will be covered by someone from Yorkshire with a black pudding in the ancient art of ecky thump.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I started in a Montessori school but I moved my kids through several different types of schools for their education and found the best was Steiner because it taught them to think out their answers without any multi choice nonsense and they have both benefitted from that.

I bet you had a laugh at the stickers.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Ride the short bus? I use to drive the short bus

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I would think the ATS school would have a yard sign which says...

"I LOVE MY TOFU AND SHOOTING MAH FIFTY.
NOW GET OFF MY LAWN OR I'LL COME OUT
FROM UNDER MAH BED AND HEADBUTT YA
WITH MAH TINFOIL HAT!!"

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I would sign up for this (almost considered doing it to the real-life "Monroe Institute"). I'd also form a club called "Astral Projector's Anonymous", where we could self-teach each other how to have OBE's.

However, please don't put me in with some of the more knowledgeable members, as I don't think I'd be able to keep up.

On the side...There are several sites I visit where they do have an online-style "academy". Maybe ATS should do the same?

-foss

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Bravo!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

“Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty.” Mark Twain

What's the question?

Brilliant quote!
edit on 30-4-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
What would be the school mascot?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join