It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAST LIFE: Who Were You & How Do You Know?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This topic comes from a discussion in another thread, whereby members have suggested they've been told by Mediums, psychics, witches, homeless dudes, that they were incarnations in human forms of well-known spiritual beings.

There always seem to be patterns in these stories...and they may be very telling.
I have been told that I was a major Biblical character from the Old Testament by a high-ranking witch.
I don't believe it for a moment...but I've heard similar stories from many people and wonder just how commonplace this is.

Have you been told you were someone famous from the past? If so, who...and by whom?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I was regressed once and said I had a flower shop. I was waving to my mother across the street holding hands with a little boy and girl. I was heartbroken when I saw the children as they were my children and in the here and now I couldnt have children. Then I was un a little cottage with laundry hanging in a kitchen. It was all very surreal.a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I am studying reincarnation. I'm obsessed. I've been told I was a mermaid.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I think I remember your thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I've been told I was a mermaid.

And how likely do you think that is?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There's a big fallacy here from the get go. You are your own person with your own personality. Just because you think you remember a past life does not mean you WERE that person. There may be a "familial" connection of sorts, but I think it is erroneous to make a statement like, "I was my grandfather in a past life." Your grandfather might disagree.

The whole thing is subject to vast misinterpretation. For example, I read of a woman who insisted she was a "cat" in a previous life. She had zapped into the haughty personality of an Egyptian cat who was worshiped and came to the conclusion that SHE was the cat. Well, no, if she did, indeed, inhabit the mind of an ancient cat for the amount of her dream, that's all it was (which is pretty extraordinary if it happened), but the conclusion she came to is not justified.

Where you most often see this attitude of, "I remember being that person" is in the case of untimely deaths. Ian Stevenson has several of those in his book, "20 cases suggestive of reincarnation." These are all children who died at a young age. They reincarnated quickly because their lives were cut off. You rarely hear of cases where someone lives to a ripe old age and dies peacefully comes immediately back and claims to remember when he was an old man.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Not by witch or similar. In schoolplay i had black wig and some makeup and people thought i am young Elisabeth Taylor.. does it count ?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

At first very unlikely, then I asked my psychic medium expecting her to lol as well, but she couldn't shake that it could be true...so just a little less unlikely

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm just as curious as to the situation and motivation of those who tell others they're certain famous people, as those who are told, who or what they are told they were...and why those told, choose to believe.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This topic comes from a discussion in another thread, whereby members have suggested they've been told by Mediums, psychics, witches, homeless dudes, that they were incarnations in human forms of well-known spiritual beings.

The "homeless dudes" were clowning you for money… I never did, but I know those that made careers of faking people out for a buck fifty.

As far as past memories, what about ancestors that lived ancient lives, imbuing those memories on descendants during dreams, visions, NDE's, OBE's whatever? I never hear that suggested.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Not by witch or similar. In schoolplay i had black wig and some makeup and people thought i am young Elisabeth Taylor.. does it count ?

Sure...I'm constantly told I look like Liam Neeson...I've never seen it...but it occurs so frequently, it must have some truth to it.
Of course he's not dead...so there's that.
edit on 21-4-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The "homeless dudes" were clowning you for money… I never did, but I know those that made careers of faking people out for a buck fifty.

As far as past memories, what about ancestors that lived ancient lives, imbuing those memories on descendants during dreams, visions, NDE's, OBE's whatever? I never hear that suggested.

You're speaking of 'Ancestral Memory'...it's been said that it occurs with some animals; Why not humans?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

In my past life, I was a thorn, probably in someone's side.

How do I know?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I had a really neat experience very recently, with a past life regression.
I found myself a child in a big manor, with sisters, and went through a whole story of a life as a woman named Elizabeth.
I had what seemed to be rather complex memories of some of her relationships, especially, with one of her sisters, a good lady friend later, and her husband, all of whom she seemed to dominate in away that made me ashamed to see now.
Seemed she was a strong character, and had a fortune in the coal mining business. Strangely enough, she seemed to know a lot about the business, closely- which surprised me because this time period I was seeing, and her position as a female in the mid 1700's , made that highly unlikely. I didn't think she would have much to do with the family business.

I was hearing the name and my conscious awareness kept thinking I was hearing it wrong. But when I thought that, I had the answer (from where? I don't know) that it was actually said that way, and that it was a originally french name that had been changed with time in England (where she lived).

The cool part? I did a search on her afterwards, and a woman with this name existed at that time and the details I seemed to remember are recorded! The sister I remembered was named Sarah. The husband was a sort of invisible character in her life as I remember him to be, and after his death, she was in charge of the coal mining business.

My "memories" of this person, was that she was somewhat of a severe person, and had regrets for that at the end of her life, though from what I can find, she was highly regarded by her entourage and not considered a biotch.
But she was known for being quite intelligent, and hosting dinner parties of intellectual sport, as well as having published a couple of books. Her name was Elizabeth Montagu.

I do not have any conscious memories of having heard of her before that session, but I may have, without paying attention to it, and my subconscious just picked that up and used it- it's a little too perfect.... I think I would have liked to have been such a woman with such a wit, which makes it seem a bit too convenient to be true.

But I guess it doesn't make a difference in the big picture, it was fun anyway.

ETA- LOL- it is perhaps also a bit too convenient that she also led the Blue Stocking Society...

edit on 21-4-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Lol and My father looks like George Carlin.
But hey we are all cousins to each others at least 50th, around the Europe ancestors are even more closely related to each others Link

got derailed off topic

back to business.. About mermaids and so.. did the psychic reader told which kind of Mermaid ? We need to remember so called mermaids were not Disney like.. for example Ningyo japanese folk story mermaid was very beastly like..

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Wow. great story. Thanks.
THIS was her?
en.wikipedia.org...

Are you like her?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new here, I've made my account last night to reply something, but I had second thoughts. Still, this site seems nice, and actually I have an experience. So hi, this is me! Sorry for not posting in the appropriate forum!

I have had these strange visions since I was in my early teens, I can't quite remember. But even before that, my earliest memories involve living in a hut, like in medieval, or ancient times? I'm not at all sure what time it would be, but it seems distinctly different from modern life. I remember the walls were cold but dry, earthy. I had to sit there some times, in the corner.

So, I don't think I have ever been told I'm a biblical character, or a historical character, I'm not sure, but they certainly didn't tell me that. I'm a bit anxious about psychics though, should I trust them?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i am possibly Cormoran, the giant (rapha) that was slain by Cornelius after Brutus of Troy invaded England and named the new land after himeself - Britain.

i know because i know what it feels like when a rapha returns to their place of creation that was verified by the repented fallen angel Anael.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Rapha because: AddOn

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So many reported dreams meeting 'familiar but unnamable' friends, guides, strangers who show us stuff. That leads me to conclude we confuse ancestral memories as having lived those past life memories ourselves.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

According to the Tibetan book of living and dying...you were basically exactly who you are now, probably doing exactly what you did then.

But the book Many Mansions (by Gina Cernimara) goes further to explain that if you started a hobby or vocation, for example guitar...you get a little better each lifetime (that is if you pick it up each lifetime) and within a few life times you are that guy at the party that picks up a guitar for the first time and kills it not knowing where the skills came from.

I have this weird thing where I read a book and I have to stop bc I already know it. Its a waste of time to read it...again.

I must have been a bookworm in a past life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join