It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump! Thank you for making America Great Again!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I see a lot of unrealistic and bold claims like, "Bring China to the negotiating table".

What if China says no?

Here's a good example of how nebulous his "plans" are:

Reclaim millions of American jobs and reviving American manufacturing by putting an end to China’s illegal export subsidies and lax labor and environmental standards. No more sweatshops or pollution havens stealing jobs from American workers.

Once again, how is he going to do that? More "feel good" fluff.

And this gem:

Declare China A Currency Manipulator

Okay, so what's that going to do? China can just say, "No, we're not."

we will adopt a zero tolerance policy on intellectual property theft and forced technology transfer.

How? With a law or something that's not enforceable outside of the USA? I don't see how this would work...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's much more complex than just 1% vs 99%. And yes, the rich do play a large part in continuing poverty and low standards of living

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Negotiation is one if his stronger skills.
He will offer them something, we will get something.
He will make deals that make everyone happy.
Which will be in stark contrast to the deals that have been made over the years that have done nothing but weaken our country and our economy.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

he has no political experience as he is going against senetors and house secretary etc...

And just exactly how much experience did Obama have when he was elected? A very short term Senator and a community organizer before that.
Trump has business sense and a broad range of contacts in the political world. Every one wants to say it'll be a mess, but honestly, can he really be any worse than Obama?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Negotiation is one if his stronger skills.
He will offer them something, we will get something.
He will make deals that make everyone happy.
Which will be in stark contrast to the deals that have been made over the years that have done nothing but weaken our country and our economy.

You have a point. Even if he cannot negotiate a certain issue, I don't see him weakening America by just giving in so that the whole world will like him. Note: to Obama...most of the world actually don't like you, just like that they can use you!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: BlueAjah
He wants to make "America Great Again" -- which is a highly un-patriotic thing to say. It's highly disrespectful to all of our American soldiers who fight and die for us. So they're dying for an "un-great" nation? America isn't great? What are we then? And when were we great?

What does a "great America" look like?

You must be young. At least younger than me.

I have watched our economy get worse and worse.

You know what? When I graduated from high school, no one worried about getting a job. We all knew that we would have no problem finding a job, if even in a factory, that would enable us to support our families and earn our way through college. And if you didn't like your job, you could quit! And get another job! There were jobs everywhere!

And if you went to college, you were secure in knowing that your education was worth it. You would get multiple offers, and have your choice of jobs.

And you know what? Almost all employers had fantastic benefit plans. With great health benefits. And retirement plans (do you even know what a real employer retirement plan is?) And do you know why? They were trying to attract good workers, because if not, the good workers would go elsewhere.

And you know what else? If people worked at fast food places, they did not mind earning very little. Because they were usually just working a summer job through school, or a retiree working to make a few extra bucks. People were not screaming to make $15 per hour flipping burgers to support their families. You know why? If they needed to support a family, they could get a real job!!

Back then, you could buy a home, and be pretty sure that someday you would be able to sell it again without taking a huge loss.

You could actually buy things that said "Made in America" on the labels! We could have pride in our products.

again, I could go on and on....

sure, America is still great, and is worth saving. But there are just soooo many ways we could make it greater "again".

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Funny, every poll I've heard so far says it's game over for Trump, basically the GOP loses to either Sanders or Clinton, but Sanders destroys them both.

Trump will never be president.
edit on 20-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Funny, every poll I've heard so far says it's game over for Trump, basically the GOP loses to either Sanders or Clinton, but Sanders destroys them both.

Trump will never be president.

I'm selling a bridge too.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I'm with you all the way! I too call this out all the time and it blows me away that so many ATS'ers support him! How awfully ironic, no?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

So many, many polls taken over time all say that but because CNN says Trump beats the DNC it must be true?

Talk about buying bridges.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Who are they polling? They never asked me. Did they ask you? Anyone here get asked for input?

Logically:

If it is Trump/Clinton (if Clinton is not indicted):

Many Sanders supporters hate Hillary. Many will likely not vote, or will vote for Trump.

Independents and non-party-affiliated, not counted up until now in closed primaries, will likely vote for Trump if they vote. They are not likely to vote for super-establishment Hillary.

Republicans who did not support Trump will either not vote, or will vote for Trump, just to stop Hillary.

Trump supporters will vote for Trump.

I don't see Hillary picking up too many from any of those groups.

I like his chances.
edit on 4/20/16 by BlueAjah because: spelling

edit on 4/20/16 by BlueAjah because: spelling

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Do you know how polls work and how important they are to the political process? Just because you've never been polled doesn't at all mean polling data is invalid.

And that's all that really needs to be said about that.

Btw, Sanders supporter here and I would never vote for Trump and I'm not voting for Clinton either. If my hand is forced and I can't vote for Sanders then..

^ He's polling at 11% right now, but hey, polls right?
edit on 20-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Do you know how polls work and how important they are to the political process? Just because you've never been polled doesn't at all mean polling data is invalid.

And that's all that really needs to be said about that.

The voting process is far more realistic than polling and the people are speaking loud and clear.

I'm definitely not putting my future in the hands of 22 year olds who haven't had enough time to go out into the world and try something for themselves yet.
edit on 4/20/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You do know how CNN, Fox, MSNBC all get those early primary results, right?

Are you saying polling data is useless and unscientific because it's unrealistic? For realz?

I'll agree, there is bad polling data out there and there is a wrong way to do it. Many of those polls are done in order to get a specific result, usually for biased intentions. Some of the bad data is just lazy data, as in not enough people polled.

But that does't mean polling data is invalid and the only reason you 2 are arguing about is because they all say Trump loses because if they said otherwise I'm sure you'd be all about it.

You're making a great Trump supporter!

Btw, why are you talking about 22 year olds? Are you attacking Sander's supporters because he gets the youth vote?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Sanders does not get all the young voters.

I was pleasantly surprised today when a friend told me that her daughter, recently graduated from high school, was trying to convince her mom to vote for Trump. She said her daughter was very informed and had many convincing reasons that made much sense. And - her daughter said that many of her young friends planned to vote for Trump.

Young women!

The people who are trying to profile Trump supporters are misinformed.

I know young, old, men, women, educated, less-educated, many nationalities.... I guess there is really no need to explain - the election is speaking for itself.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I see a lot of unrealistic and bold claims like, "Bring China to the negotiating table".

We'll "Seal Team Six" them of course and install a puppet government so we can control Chinese manufacturing! It's like you weren't even reading all the fresh ideas from the OP, you wuss.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You are right that he doesn't get ALL of them, he gets the majority of them. Last I saw, he got more young voters than all of the candidates combined.

He recently destroyed Clinton in the New York primary with the youth vote.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Agreed. Sanders is doing well with young voters.

Actually, it would be cool if Hillary was indicted.
A Trump/Sanders contest would be one for the record books!
It would be a non-stop media frenzy and people would be wound up more than they have been in ages.

That would be a hard one to call.

But, without Sanders, I can picture young voters choosing Trump over Hillary.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I still think it is too early in this game of thrones to tell who the real candidates are just yet.

Honestly I can can see a functioning America under all four of the main Front runners.

Under a Hillary - It will be a belabored Presidency most likely a One term. The power of the purse will be used against her and just like her Husband we may see some impeachment drama. We may get lucky and see a Presidential Divorce... But as far as policy goes it will be Status Quo at worse, or at best Logger heads.

Under Bernie - We will see a whole lot of bluster about Free every thing, then a whole bunch of anger when were told after the fact here is how we pay for it. But again policy will not budge much he will also have an Obstructionist congress. If anything we will watch the inverse of the whole Obama thing run here. Bernie will have Veto's over turned and will be taught how to behave. Then when he starts playing ball to get little things done his base will be adoring sycophants about it. Maybe a two Term, Kind of dull eight years, he will wind up shouldering blame for congress just like every president before.

Under Cruz - We will have an Impeachment happen, just because of how he was in the senate, or at worse he will be taught how the Senate can override vetos. He WILL have all the troubles of the USA hung around his neck like a Grind Stone. And Congress will still get their way.

Under Trump - Here we have A Deal maker / A Power Broker out in the Open This one Honestly Spooks Me... I can see him buying congressmen the way he did before to get his agendas passed. When he can not Buy his way out of it that is when he will get Nasty and Use the Full power of the BULLY PULPIT (All the others above are way too nice and way to get along to get along that they would not even try), and try to sway Americans to Recall his Roadblocks... Negative Press for this President would back fire hard against the Media... All it does is feed his EGO and makes him stronger. So policy wise we would have a President that can do things and can get them done, but the Real Question is are we really sure we want to see that happen.... I know I do not.

Under White ... We have a few laughs as he takes out Meth heads and pushes 50 state weed laws, then he plays the part of the dancing Chicken so well we almost forget congress is there.

Something to Chew on while enjoying a

CoBaZ

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I have friends who are big Bernie supporters and they vocally support Trump over Hillary and they can't stand Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join