It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just had my life threatened debating ideas within Islam!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

I'm getting a bit lost here. So you were debating in a cultural context, not religious context like the title suggests?

That's not what he said.

to which he says its cultural.

The muslim guy says it's a cultural thing.

What is your point anyway?
edit on 19-4-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: enlightenedservant

he wasn't debating that the prophet took child brides, he was debating why its an acceptable practice in Egypt to which he says its cultural.

Here you are understanding all the nuance (without being there calling others ignorant) telling us how the conversation went, even bringing up the most fringe sites to try to obscure the age of a child bride, shame on you.

You should probably talk here instead of 'venturing out into the wild' for awhile. Especially if it is making you this angry. What weird Skype group is this? LOL

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Funny thread, you pass as a doush bag that gets offended easily, you act like an internet tough guy, oh and really you talked to an idiot and you felt like you needed to tell us.

More free bashing just for kicks is what i see, and here i though only liberals get offended, if you cant stand the heat dont stand beside the fire.

Thanks for the laughs, always the same people repeating the same song and dance.

Plays the victim, starts a circle jerk,than insults, thats fox news jr stuff right there.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The curse of Muhammad:s fruits/action that will always create separation between followers of Muhammad and others.

Muslim love him and see him as a connection to god and bringing out his bad fruits triggers the group into defending him even when he did insane things and those things are even written in the Quran for all to see.

They could have created an Muhammad disconnected from the historical person that was not flawed in action but that would go against the image that the historical Muhammad was the perfect prophet and the whole faith falls apart if Muhammad is not seen as perfect.

There are things Muhammad teaches in the Quran that is wise but my problem is that he breaks his own teaching. That is the definition of a hypocrite. There are other human religions/cultures that do not have this problem.

Tolerance to Muhammad is used to silence people to speak out against the corruption within this culture manifesting in murder, rape, enslavement. Self awareness is not part of Islam faith since self awareness is noticing the problem and acting on it not matter how big the problem is.

Now this soul is a hero fighting the insanity/corruption head on with increasing awareness in humanity.

edit on 19-4-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Thanks for the laughs, always the same people repeating the same song and dance.

Like being an Islam apologist? Like shifting blame to people making valid points?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I should point out that one of the best ideas Muhammad had form my point of view is to reject usury and I wished all people in all humanity followed that idea since it would remove economic enslavement.
edit on 19-4-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Absolutely right however it would destroy the Chosen bankers who prey on others over night.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

So I gather that you support pedophilia, and marrying child brides by adult men, in middle eastern countries. You take offence to people who point out these practices and oppose it, and you also support deaththreats to people who do so.

Just to make clear where you stand.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

So I gather that you support pedophilia, and marrying child brides by adult men, in middle eastern countries. You take offence to people who point out these practices and oppose it, and you also support deaththreats to people who do so.

Just to make clear where you stand.

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that he supports paedophilia from that comment.

What you are trying to do here is twist what he is saying with the soul purpose of swaying the opinions of others. That is playground stuff right there and manipulation of group mentality and dynamics..
edit on 19/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

So, someone said they were a strict Muslim and you decided to bring up the child brides of Mohammed to allude he was a paedophile and he had a go at you - and this is the big thing - online? Take away the fact it's fairly difficult to kill someone over Skype so it's not much of a threat, but why even go down that train of thought? Child brides (grooms sometimes for that matter) were hardly rare in Europe either until at least the 17th century but that's just to my knowledge based on historical research on various subjects. Without ensuring you go into a debate with some kind of facts at hand, you run the risk of appearing stupid and offensive - but then again, comes with the territory after spending time on ATS I guess.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Youre trying to build bridges over gaps that are too wide. If you really want to build bridges, which i see 0 evidence of here you should try smaller gaps..

And you build bridges by giving and taking not just by taking. All i see people do in this thread is taking noone shows any understanding of differences. And if you want to build bridges you cant keep stuck on something you know you will never really agree on the way you want. Thats where you have to give a little or just skip it altogether, if you really want to build bridges..

The only one is our muslim friend here that at least tried by saying he thinks the Skype Muslim was wrong and he didnt disagree with you perce on the age of the girl, he said there are different estimations and you concluding its the lowest seems a little short sighted. Next thing you all do is jumping him for not agreeing its the lowest figure and call him an apologist... and you blaim Muslims for not trying or not being able to build bridges.

And the asskissing here is funny too. Youve all made your minds up and confirming that to eachother and starring eachother for it. And then rinse and repeat on to the next thread. Building bridges, right like thats your intention haha.
edit on 206am3021000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

So, someone said they were a strict Muslim and you decided to bring up the child brides of Mohammed to allude he was a paedophile and he had a go at you

According to another post by the OP they were discussing the practise of marrying child brides in Egypt. If this muslim supports this, he basically is a pedophile just like their prophet mohammed.

Seems like a valid point to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

what do you expect really? you get to ask this guy whatever questions you desire and you went for their "profit and child brides" - is their nothing else to ask other than that? no wonder he went mad

lets sit a religious catholic down and talk about there paedophile rings within the Vatican - how do you think they will respond. maybe more politicly correct but some people dont articulate themselves when angry very well.

no offence but what reaction was you expecting? then you say your life has been threatened lol - well firstly dont flatter yourself too much im sure the last thing on his mind is you - you just put yourself in the "ignorant westerner bracket" amongst thousands of others. how many people threatened each other every day as just normal. even parents to their kids " i will kill you you little blighter if you hide my shoes again" etc etc - -dont mean they going to.

I do not hate the individual, but I am well aware until reformation and separation of church and states takes place our cultures will clash.

seriously that is so funny- really we will clash? even when we talking about some ones profit being a kiddy fiddler? no way!
how rude of them. lets look at similarities instead of focusing on differences otherwise we will never be in peace.
this demonstrates pointing out differences all over.

edit on 19-4-2016 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that he supports paedophilia from that comment.

Why is he attacking the OP for speaking out against the practise of marrying child brides in middle eatern countries. He sure didnt condemn that.

So my conclusion is that he must support the thing the OP is against. Can you come up with another reason?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

what do you expect really? you get to ask this guy whatever questions you desire and you went for their "profit and child brides" - is their nothing else to ask other than that? no wonder he went mad

Because it is not true?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Does cultural context excuse child sodomy, rape, marriage?

Piss on any culture who finds such acceptable.

Remind me what the age of 'consent' and marriage is in some American states?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Right thats what i mean. I wonder how these guys ever got married? I mean mariages and relarionships are all about building bridges and giving and taking. Remember guys?

If you cant agree with your wife no matter how wromg you think she is: what do you do:
A. Divorce
B. Forget about it and move on.

This thread is choosing for A.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

So, someone said they were a strict Muslim and you decided to bring up the child brides of Mohammed to allude he was a paedophile and he had a go at you

According to another post by the OP they were discussing the practise of marrying child brides in Egypt. If this muslim supports this, he basically is a pedophile just like their prophet mohammed.

Seems like a valid point to me.

I'm sorry, but sometimes someone's posting history suggests exactly how the conversation may have gone, but thanks for speaking on behalf of someone else.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

nice response - good info

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Nothing you said justifies the very real and widely accepted pedophilia that goes on there, and which was the topic of the specific debate.

All I see here are apologists ignoring the actual issue and shifting blame towards those who dare criticise. Very typical.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join