It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans and Latinos in general are more American then you think

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Far as I know Mexico has always been part of North America.

Central America according to your link.

Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Your post reaks of stereotypes and bigotry of both latinos and "americans".

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yes, it's my mistake I think. I'm sure we were taught that in school, though. We might have been, it was a while ago.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Your post reaks of stereotypes and bigotry of both latinos and "americans".

No I don't think so I think you see what you want.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Ahhh but "The American Way" is focused on the individual and their life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
True, but perhaps the family values way back then were more similar to the Latino way then the "American" way now? I wouldn't know. None of us lived back then.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Ahhh but "The American Way" is focused on the individual and their life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

I think there was more comraderie in my grandmothers generation then in my fathers generation and my grandmothers generation caught in ww2.

That's what I see in my own microcosm.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am glad to see you denying ignorance!
I don't agree that Americans are lazy, our history has shown that we are very industrious. Unfortunately, many have been consumed by materialistic values, consumerism, and technology that newer generations often do not understand the values that are cultural valuable.

The difference does occur within one simple generation. Makes no difference where the child's ancestor arrived from, Asian, Indian, Mexican, etc. The ones I have met become frustrated with their older generations family values. They want their independence!

Certainly not completely bad to have freedom and independence, but so many become isolated eventually in their materially technological world...it becomes depressing. I have no answers, just believe that time and hardships do have a benefit of forcing individuals to find the true benefit of family values...even here in America.

As an American, I don't take insult of others thinking I am lazy. I simply seem that way based on their knowledge and experiences of my culture vs their current culture. The melting pot here in America is hot...it will always meld another into the mix. Is this a good thing? Perhaps ... Yet many as they mature and age seem to long for the good ol'days and wish they spent more time focused on valuing their families!
edit on 4 17 2016 by CynConcepts because: Edit add: back on point....we need somewhat of a steady stream of newbies to remind us that family values are important!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Except America was about leaving the old world to lead a new life. They are stealing resources from America to send back
home and feel more connected to their old world and want to recreate it here.

I don't know how you find that American.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

central american not north american look at a map correctly please

Mexico is North America not Central America. So we politely ask you to do the same.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Hey guys look at a map.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yep, I said the same. No response

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Hey guys look at a map.

Here's a link to the countries in North America until my Ad-Block fully turns off for you. Then ill post a map of North America with Mexico included.

North America

Another link.
North America by Population

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

It's totally pointless the conversation you two are having.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Who:?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

It's totally pointless the conversation you two are having.

How is it pointless when we are trying to enlighten someone who doesn't know basic geography? Would you rather the world just turn into the Idiocracy movie?

Oh by the way here is your map you requested us to look at.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Oh please! Illegal aliens are not Americans because there is ZERO legal recourse. An Illegal can run over you and put You in the hospital but if they have no ID or insurance You are screwed. The worst part is the damn cops let them go because there is NO way of identifying these people and the names they give are most likely false. Now if You switch shoes and You hurt an Illegal they can sue You for EVERYTHING and our courts will ALWAYS side with them. So until they are treated equally under the law I say round them up and ship them back. Now if they really wanted to come here to be RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS then who am I to tell them that they can't better themselves or the lives of their children. I believe everyone should be able to better themselves just not at My expense.

link   
Psst didn't you get the memo? We ain't about denying ignorance no more.

link   

Is this a deliberate attempt to derail the thread?

Has ATS become home of the shills now?

Please stop advertising ATS.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Psst didn't you get the memo? We ain't about denying ignorance no more.

The only ignorance in this thread right now is a pointless discussion about what countries are located where.

You are idiocracy diplomats.

edit on 4/18/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join