It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these gross things in this Grasshopper?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What in the actual hell is going on in this video? Since my skies are not visible due to weather I have turned to the glorious web for more research into what is causing the "Two Jupiters Effect" we have been discussing in my recent Two Jupiters Grey Area thread. Sometimes Google and YouTube can take some pretty hard left hand turns that you are totally not expecting. As often occurs you seek information on a topic and that leads to something else and soon you begin to click things together like a puzzle, finding that your initial topic goes much much deeper than you ever imagined. That is where I am at right now.

I did not title this video and do not speak the language present so I cannot attest to what the dialog is stating or even the tense of the situation being filmed. While not a biologist, I was a paramedic for many years, so I am a bit familiar with anatomy albeit human. As a boy in west Texas there were many opportunities to see the insides of various critters including Grasshoppers of various types. Many times have I pushed a hook through a Grasshopper in the hopes of catching a big fish, and not once did I see what is coming out of the insect being dissected here.

A Google search of Grasshopper anatomy did not lead me to a finding of long squiggling tubes of different color and length, that continue to move around after being removed from the host insect. Some sort of parasite? What in the actual hell is happening here?!

Phantoms than a mofo! Lucy... I'm home!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They're a type of parasite. You find them inside bugs. I smooshed a large wood roach that got into our apartment on night at 2 am and dumped it in the toilet and those things came boiling out of its gut.

This is a horsehair worm I'll bet.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
wastedown,

Without having watched the video it sounds like what I have heard described as Morgellon's Disease. The presence of colored "fibers" that is. I can't say I have heard of the fibers moving though.

Onward to the video.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Was it wrong to wonder about Jiminy Cricket while watching that poor creature 'deflate'?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I love ATS!

Exactly why I said I did not title the video. A parasite was my first guess, and that little guy was full of them.

It seems the Horsehair worms can vary from cream to black in color, I guess yellows and blues are inside that range. Nice find! I always paper towel and trash can my squished bugs and it seems the water is what stimulates the mass exodus of worm from gut.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Imagine being half awake and seeing THAT happen at 2am. It's like a horror movie come to life, and in the morning you can't quite remember if you actually saw it or not.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Nightmare fuel none the less. Reminds me of to many movies, like Phantoms, or Lucy, or Promethious where the black or grey goo ends up being squiggly worms in someone's eyes or under their skin. When you watch it in the context of where my research has been lately it easily makes its way into the Relm of possibility. Programmable matter, smart dust, grey/black goo, along with these strange almost biological fibers, altered virus', blood cells, vaccine materials, and many other oddities are being found in rain water, combined with a healthy distrust of Authority could lead one to think something just might be to all this mess. If even half of it is fact, dear god what are they doing to us and our planet?!

Or it's just a common parasite in bugs and I close the video and move on to archons and how someone can be crazy for saying God talks to them while at the same time being labeled crazy by someone who believes in the same God, just he that he doesn't talk to me so he would never talk to you?!?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Can anyone, perhaps with more cyber-maneuverability, verify how many individual horsehair worms can parasitize a single insect at a time?

It seems like only one but I could verily be wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Dear god.

I had to pause it when I realized the grasshopper was alive and kicking.

I consider myself pretty rigid, but I cant.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
those are horsehair worms

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
wastedown,

You want some real nightmare fuel to try and assimilate into your conspiracy brain?

Here: dataasylum.com...

Its probably (hopefully) all a bunch of hooey but... interesting nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

They don't reproduce inside of the host so it would I suppose depend on how many of the larvae were eaten and how many could grow without killing the host.

Wikipedia - Spinochordodes tellinii

The nematomorph hairworm Spinochordodes tellinii is a parasitic worm whose larvae develop in orthopteran insects (grasshoppers and crickets). This parasite is able to influence its host's behavior: once the parasite is grown, it causes its grasshopper host to jump into water, where the grasshopper will likely drown. The parasite then leaves its host; the adult worm lives and reproduces in water.[2] S. tellinii does not influence its host to actively seek water over large distances, but only when it is already close to water.[3] The microscopic larvae are ingested by their insect hosts and develop inside them into worms that can be three to four times longer than the host.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Get this...
There was a recent game from mobiles called "Black Goo". In said game you catch a "TimeBug" to go back in time and redo a section or what have you. In the movie "John Dies at the End" the main character is dealing with black goo, and jumping around through time. At one point near the end he says these two little black pills are my key to talking to John or the dead, he drops them and they sprout wings and turn into bugs that crawl under his skin through his face and mouth.

There are many other bug/black goo references in Media fed to the mainstream. Couple that with the esoteric views of these elite Occultists believing that if they tell us what is going on and we still consume or participate in their rituals they are karmicly ok. They see it as consent. Then, someone might come to the conclusion that this is in fact real, and really making measurable changes to our reality.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Eeeew! Now I gotta go wash my eyeballs out! Poor ole Jimminy....

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
theantediluvian,

Thanks for doing some legwork.

So, if those things in the video are indeed horsehair worms then at least (but probably more) half a dozen of the little suckers can live in one bug! Creepy. Glad they can't be picked up by pets or humans!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
theantediluvian,

Glad they can't be picked up by pets or humans!

Thats cute.

Here, Id like you to read all about the very real human tapeworm,

www.webmd.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Couldn't they have killed the grasshopper instead of tearing it in half and pulling out worms while it's still alive ?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Thats what I was thinking.

Pacifist Monks wear masks to prevent accidental swallowing of flies,

Could you imagine their reaction?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I am guessing yes, but as I said before that with the language barrier I have no idea the context of the situation. One thing that does make me scratch my noggin about this one a bit is the fact that they are prepared, they know something is in that alive and apperantly well grasshopper that could be pulled out by tweezers and placed on a paper towel. Meaning this is likely not the first time they have done this. Are all the grasshoppers in the area carrying these things around? Is this a place I should leave my matchbox cricket buddies at home because it will be infected 100% of the time? Sure this could have been the 10th try but the workspace looks pretty insect part free.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
frostie

Oh, I know all about that beastie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join