It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Australians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I believe 60 Minutes run a story on the Port Arthur Massacre recently seeing how it was 20 years ago. Just want to know whether or not it was about and if anything useful or new. I've heard it was about tipping a bucket on Bryant.

thanks

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AzureblueDo you know, I live in GB and can honestly say I have never heard about a massacre in Port Arthur. I do not live in a bubble and read most papers but I had to google it to find out about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Here's a bit more.

www.whale.to...

Next we come to the kill-rate which refers to the speed at which people are killed, thereby reflecting the skill, co-ordination, and accuracy of the shooter. It is accepted by all the authorities in Tasmania that immediately after the shooter entered the Broad Arrow Cafe he killed his first 12 victims in 15 seconds, a claim apparently opposed by some sporting shooters in Tasmania because of the seemingly impossible speed and lethal efficiency. This is a very reasonable objection so long as those shooters remain media-fixated on Martin Bryant, but there is nothing impossible about such a high kill-rate at the hands of a top special forces shooter operating at peak efficiency.

The first thing special forces do when entering an enclosed area containing superior numbers is lay down very fast accurate fire designed to kill as many hostiles as possible, thus gaining absolute control of the area in record time and minimizing the risk of injury to themselves; and because hostiles frequently wear body armour protecting the heart area, special forces are trained to aim instinctively for the smaller head target. Following these unpublished protocols precisely, the shooter at Port Arthur gained absolute control of the Broad Arrow Cafe in fifteen seconds flat, killing most of his victims with a single shot to the head.

To even suggest that Martin Bryant, whose proven weapons handling experience was limited to a single-shot Webley Osprey air rifle could have caused this carnage is absurd. When the shooter entered the Broad Arrow Cafe full of people sitting at tables and fired the first shot, everyone inside reacted instinctively to the huge muzzle blast (noise) of the AR15, but each reacted in a different way, some just turning their heads while others moved physically, temporarily obscuring yet more diners and shielding them from the line of fire. At the same time the barrel of the AR15 was recoiling upwards through about five degrees of arc as it cycled another round into the breech, throwing the muzzle off target.

In a millisecond the cage was full of targets moving in at least ten different directions while the muzzle of the AR15 was still recoiling upwards from the first shot. But despite the enormous difficulties and the complex target trigonometry involved, the shooter controlled the recoil and shot 12 moving and partially obscured targets at the rate of one every 1.25 seconds. Nor did he trip over any obstructions, indicating that this professional shooter's face was seen in the Broad Arrow Cafe by staff some time earlier, during his final reconnaissance when he studied the layout to ensure no hiccups occurred during the operation. There were no hiccups. Ninety seconds after entering the Broad Arrow Cafe the shooter departed, leaving thirty two Australians and others lying on the floor, twenty of them dead.

All of these hard scientific facts were deliberately excluded by the frenzied media pack and not one attempt was made to establish the real identity of the shooter. Long blonde hair did not prove that the shooter was Martin Bryant, and the media somehow forgot to remind the Australian public that long wigs are the most common form of basic disguise ever used. In the Broad Arrow Cafe a long wig would also have been necessary to conceal the ear protection worn by the shooter. Firing more than thirty high velocity AR15 rounds in that hollow confined space produced as much concussive blast as a pair of stun grenades; sufficient concussion to severely impair the shooter's spatial orientation (and thus aim) unless wearing ear protectors or combat communications headphones. Readers are cautioned not to try proving this point themselves if they value their ear-drums and long-term hearing ability.

Official accounts are hazy about what happened next, but it is confirmed that most of those killed thereafter were shot with the Belgian FN, a heavier assault weapon which has a completely different weight and balance from the Colt AR15 and fires a round producing more than twice the recoil.

But despite switching between weapons with very different handling characteristics, and shifting from close to intermediate range, the shooter constantly maintained an awesome inverted killed-to-wounded ratio. Overall the massacre produced 35 dead and 22 injured for a final killed-to-wounded ratio of 1.60 to 1, almost identical to the 1.66 to 1 ratio in the Broad Arrow Cafe. To say the shooter was consistent would be the understatement of the year.

In layman terms, in an average shooting the 35 people who were killed at Port Arthur should have been accompanied by between 175 and 245 injured survivors; very similar ratios to the American McDonalds and other random massacres. Instead there were only 22, the trademark of a highly trained combat shooter. It is only when accurately analyzed in this cold scientific way that the monstrous nature of the media story can be exposed for what it really is: a creative lie every bit as loathsome as that fashioned by the British media when WPC Yvonne Fletcher was shot in the back from an American multinational building during 1984, but where the media grovelled obsequiously in front of powerful international patrons and lobbies and conspired to pervert the course of justice by blaming the Libyans instead of the Americans.

A little about the author.
wikispooks.com...

Joe Vialls was an internet journalist based in Perth, Western Australia. He was an employee of Hughes Tool Company in 1992 when he discovered documents that revealed the existence of what he believed to be an "ultra low-key" office of Hughes Tool Co. at 8 St. James Square, adjacent to the Libyan People’s Bureau. This inspired him to investigate the 1984 murder of WPC Yvonne Fletcher outside the Libyan Embassy in London.[1] He subsequently went on to accuse unnamed CIA/Mossad agents of the killing. Vialls began to investigate other terrorist events, often suggesting security service involvement.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

A YouTube comment.

Damien Williams3 months ago
I have had a very rare experience one that very very few can attest to. I have met martin bryant while incarcerated at risdon prison and i have also been in the unfortunate position of having john avery as my defence council. I spoke with martin and asked why he did it way back in 2001 and he denied the whole thing and after seeing his behavior and his abilities coordination etc i have no doubt whatsoever that he was physically mentally and emotionally unable to commit any crime of that nature. He would be lucky to hit the side of a barn from ten feet away let alone know the operation of a firearm under pressure. I had john avery as my lawyer in 2002 and he let the prosecution crucify me in a trial where there was no fingerprints no dna no property ever found and flawed witness statements in a trail that was even listed by the media as quirky two time during my trial a miss trial should of been called for due to the jury becoming bias i said to john thats grounds for a miss trial he shrugged it off and said no it wasnt during appeal it was very clear that it was this was very clear evidence that Avery was a prosecution puppet when told to dance he would. now the fact that avery offered himself to represent bryant and basically telling him that he can speak to his mum if he plead guilty and receive visits from her, now he has a very low iq and was denied letters phone calls and visits from anyone he was scared and wanted to see his mum and i believe avery coerced him to plead guilty promising things that were not delivered and because of his low intelligence he went along with it. Now Avery can be very convincing i can confirm this he had me believe him that the 2 times a miss trial should have been called for where not miss trial worthy and led me to the gallows effectively. Avery taking over the case was the prosecution gaining control over the whole thing as they now had there puppet in the position they wanted. By bryant pleading guilty eliminated the forensic evidence that would of shown that it was impossible for bryant to have been the shooter. I have been saying it for years bryant cannot of been the shooter it is simply not possible and the evidence will prove this. Bring on a coronial inquiry

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well as our American friends are so quick to pint out that it takes time and training to become proficient with a weapon, and for Bryant to have been able to get a a high ratio of kills equivalent to a highly trained military marksmen i totally agree we were lied to on that day.....

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: AzureblueDo you know, I live in GB and can honestly say I have never heard about a massacre in Port Arthur. I do not live in a bubble and read most papers but I had to google it to find out about it.

perhaps I am responsible for that. I should have said that occurred 20 years ago hence the coverage. apologies.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

A big thank you to Kester for some most illuminating information.

For me this whole thing gets a little strange.

I met the first victim and I have met her parents a few times over the decades and there is a family connection to the victims family so the whole case has added interest for me. One thing I learnt in the last 12 months or so was, and this come from the boyfriend and I got this off a blokes blog who claims he had a conversation with the boyfriend, that she leaned over the coffee table and said to him "there TWO blokes staring at me". When the boyfriend lent over the table to look out the door, at that instant she died and he as grazed.

Now this suggests two shooters, one as a backup in case the first got taken down. That's as I figure it out. Would very much appreciate Kester commenting on this please.

It was many years later when I learned of Joe Vialls. As it turns out he lived only a couple of suburbs away from me and I have read his work on the JimStones blog. There two Joe Vialls articles on JimStones blog,

According to an ex cop who wrote an article about Joe, he said that Joe Villas was mysterious character and was probably Mossad. In the article, the cop, suggests that the shooter was Joe Vialls's son because according to the article Joe stood on a balcony of one of the buildings and watched the whole thing go down. Now if that claim is true why would he do that and why would he not take cover like everybody else was??????

According to this article JimStone is actually as according the ex cop in the article, when an agent gets exposed they recycle them by disappearing and then reappearing 6 years later.

I read Jimstones blog because he has a very good talent at figuring things out a connecting dots but I don't always agree with his conclusions and some times he s very quick to reach a conclusion, Jim Stone did say something in one of his article that he was in the NSA and at a level much higher than Edward Snowden (??) If this is true then that may explain his ability to analysise and join dots.

Re John Avery, If he was the same lawyer as Bryants second lawyer I did read he was struck off some years later for what he dd to Bryant.

I doubt the premise of this article about Joe Vialls but I'll keep it in mind awaiting further evidence to emerge some day to prove it correct or incorrect.

new topics

top topics

join