It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next time u get a minor injury be very careful

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Someone I know died the other day. Here's how it happened. He was in good health and perfectly fine but He hurt himself. Minor injury. Cracked a rib. Went to the hospital. There they did a chest exray. They fixed the injury but told him that the exray revealed a lung tumor.

They told him he'd have to under go a bunch of tests. Keep in mind that at this point had he just went home he would of been fine. He would have been able to carry on a regular life just like before.

But he allowed the doctors to probe at the tumor. By doing that it aggravated it. And immediately after the test he could no longer breathe easy. He had to go on oxygen. Then they wanted to do chemo on him. Well declined that as he figures it would be too hard in him as he was almost 70yrs old.

So then within 3 months he was dead. We're talking about a guy completely heathy. The problem was he didn't have the slightest clue how risky dr's and hospitals are. He trusted the system naively like most people do.

I'm sure he would have lived much much longer not knowing about it and not irritating the tumor.

U have to be so so careful. Trust me on this... If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!! Poor guy his family is devistated. All thanks to stupid dr's trying to make money by doing endless testing. My personal policy is "trauma care only ". But anyway the point is even a simple test can cause things to worsen. Then I told this to someone else and he told me that the same thing happen to his mother. Go figure.

So be carful. Your thoughts. ???

edit on 16-4-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance
Thanks for posting. It's true, yet I'm sure a select bunch on here would also take their tetanus shot on top of letting the docs examine.

The more you sell, the more you sell.

Somone has to make the big money.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I am sorry for the loss of your friend, Lavatrance. In november of 2015 I Fractured the Fibula in my left ankle. It is now April 16, and guess who still can't walk? The only reason I am not walking right now is the incompetence of all the Doctors i had seen. To be fair, I had to go through Workers Compensation, but still. I was told i would be up and walking in 2-3 months. 6 months later? still in pain and cant walk......AAARRRGGGGGG

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

So then within 3 months he was dead.

If it was cancer he may have died anyway, depending on how far it had spread throughout the body. Did you see the autopsy report, the line where it says, cause of death? Probably says pneumonia…

Many older people are 'fine' until some injury lays them out in the hospital, where they often times develop secondary infections behind the failure of their immune system to fight off infection, because of their advanced age.

How did he 'crack the rib' initially?

So sorry for the loss, part of the grieving process is blaming others…

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Last fall my father was dignosed with lung tumor, he is a old man and have had asthma as long as i remember. Tumor was found during asthma check up. He went through radiation treatment, after treatment tumor had shrinked and was 11 millimeter anymore, next checkup it was completely gone. Only thing he has left is the same old asthma he has had for many decades.
It much depends on the character how diagnose is taken.. same as placebo effect, believing it is medicine works sometimes. Thinking this is the end when diagnose is given.. it might have negative impact on recovery

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It is kind of scary on how much people place their belief in medical science and the AMA. I can understand large obvious problems being corrected by modern medicine such as broken bones, bleeding, external wounds, etc. But do they really understand how the human body works or are they simply guessing and backing up their theories with governmental force?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
But he wasn't really healthy, was he? He had an undiagnosed lung tumor. It's just that you THOUGHT he was healthy. I don't know how much probing the tumor actually had to do with it acting up. It was still there and the idea that it would have been benign had no one looked at it is, I think, quite suspect. So the premise of the title is somewhat skewed. It's not as if he broke his little finger, went to the hospital, and died.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

But he allowed the doctors to probe at the tumor. By doing that it aggravated it. And immediately after the test he could no longer breathe easy. He had to go on oxygen.

I don't think it works like that...

Hospitals can be dangerous, but not in the sense you are making it. You can catch something you didn't have there but doctors trying to deal with a tumor is not them being dangerous.

Are there some docs out there that do things to just make money? Sure, but hardly all of them. Question your doctor by all means, but blanket distrust is not going to help you.

I am very sorry about the loss of your friend tho.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Yes they understand how the body works....

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I cracked a rib a few months back at work. I was in agonizing pain for about two months, considering I cart between 4 to 8 tons of steel every day... I was on the verge of throwing up some nights from the pain.

But I never reported it or went to the doctor though, f# that! doctors can't do anything for a cracked rib anyway, except peddle addictive pain killers on ya... there nothing but petty drug dealers.

I would never voluntarily go to a doctor (legal drug dealer) or hospital, unless I could literally not even stand up.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'm so sad to read this. My sympathies.

It reminds me of an awesome D.O. we had back in the day, who explained to me about outcome-based medicine (I believe he called it), basically saying that if the treatment protocol is going to be the same, further testing is unnecessary. So, for example, if someone has an infection say, it's a waste of time and money to test for the specific strain of infection if the antibiotics prescribed are going to be the same. And I would now add, as in your friend's case, further testing or prodding could cause more complications.

It's really a crying shame that we've been conditioned to be ignorant and powerless about our own health care, and to place our unwavering trust and dependence upon others... who often do not have our best interests at heart.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I cracked a rib a few months back at work. I was in agonizing pain for about two months, considering I cart between 4 to 8 tons of steel every day...

I hear you on the pain of cracked ribs... nothing comes close

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sourcery

Maybe do ur own research and see what can be done at this point

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm not grieving as I didn't know him that well. He got hurt while doing a home renovation. So he was fit enough to be doing physical labor just prior to the dr accidentally killing him

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Good post, Billy Mays comes to mind. A piece of luggage fell on his head, gave him a concussion he never awoke from.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Oh I know. That's why u should very much avoid getting diagnosed. Studies prove that after the diagnosis is when most patients start to repidly go downhill.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

They know chemo and radiation is ineffective. They surveyed like the top 100 cancer dr in the USA asking them if them or a loved one had cancer if they would go on chemo or radiation. 90% said NO. 7% said they weren't sure. 3% said yes.

Also I heard that chemo has like a 98% mortality rate. Don't quote me in that. I think it was Alex Jones. Who said that.

But ya like seriously. They can't promise u a positive result yet they want to try something that could make it worse. They also say that people who opted out of treatment like 1/3of them got better not doing nothing. I'm not making this up.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
a reply to: intrptr

I'm not grieving as I didn't know him that well. He got hurt while doing a home renovation. So he was fit enough to be doing physical labor just prior to the dr accidentally killing him

I'm sorry...But where did the doctor kill the guy?

I'm pretty sure it was an undiagnosed tumor.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

While chemo is a bad option, it is an effective one. It has killed cancer in millions of people and extended their life by many years. I know a few ppl that have undergone it, and while it is extremely brutal on the body, it saved their life.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Old common folk belief with tumours is they" let the air in" and the tumour activated after the exploratory surgery...
Ive heard that so many times its not funny.....
Maybe there is something to it....
Not sure id seek treatment for any form of cancer at my age....
Seems like the chances are better with no remedy applied in a lot of cases....

<<   2  3 >>

join