It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, Jesus will accept your ignorance, but why not do better

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ChloeTTR

Funny I didn't see You at the last Mensa™ meeting???

"Arrogance in the highest, and you call yourself a Christian. Again, educate yourself as to what it really means to be a Christian, and you would never write most of this. Christians are meant to be humble, and enlightened, you are neither. God bless you. Find Jesus, before He finds you wanting."

I must apologize for this member, evidently one of Your brethren, from typing this to You and it will cut deeper than any of Us will type to You, again I apologize for You having to read this drivel. (Love is never typing 'sorry')

And why would 'THEY' (Chris†ians™ obviously like 'division' besides the constant claims of being "persecuted' so I'll 'reward' THEM with what they desire..) look at cultures/philosophies that pre-date their dogma/isms for 1,000s of years, this might lead them astray...

In closing, the next time You get attacked by one of Your own, You might ascertain if they may be wearing denim w/polyester or lycra blend as they type this on the Sabbath while THEY burp up last night's Leg of Lamb...
If You do try this approach don't be surprised if THEY HIT You with "But I do the KJV MLCMX edition aka Cherry picked one.. The one that allows You to take up St. Pete's job at TheGates and dis-allow anyOne that doesn't believe the same allegorical tales...

namaste

P.S. If You get stuck.. I'll be cruising around w/*Sid and Gandhi and Lao Tzu because We aren't allowed either...

* Sid = Siddhartha Gautama aka The Great Buddha.

P.S.S. That is until We decide to grab another body/vessel and incarnate..... again.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I never thought this person was exactly a Christian in the sense of most of the rest of us. Certainly this person reads like someone who only recently decided they might be Christian, but they are working off of the old stereotypes most people have of Christians. So this new Christian is lashing out against all those perceived stereotypes.

Sort of a "MY God! How can I be one of you when y'all are so dumb and stupid and icky and stuff! Why can't you all be so enlightened and superior?"

It's a sort of crisis of faith that occurs very early when you realize that embracing the faith does sometimes lead you to be a brother/sister to some people who have some strange beliefs, but it's also before this OP seems to have realized that there is a lot more depth. breadth and complexity to the body of Christian belief on many things than his/her narrow stereotypes allow for.

For example, I believe God made the entirety of the universe and thus anything in it, including any life that might be out there. To me, this is not at all incompatible with anything you find anywhere in our faith.
edit on 16-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ket- I understand that but to see a newer member take the time to author a thread and then go out on a limb to open up their Soul and then to have to read what I quoted, is in My opinion, "Not Cricket"..

Didn't Jesus The Christ also have stones thrown at Him because some didn't like the cut of His jib?

Isn't St. Pete still assigned as "Gate Keeper" or did He get replaced just like Lilith? (Adam's first wife)...

I thought it was a "Divining Rod" and NOT "Dividing Rod"? What happened to the "Open Arms Policy"?

namaste

Ket- The first bit is for You, the rest is for the rest.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It's a sort of crisis of faith that occurs very early when you realize that embracing the faith does sometimes lead you to be a brother/sister to some people who have some strange beliefs, but it's also before this OP seems to have realized that there is a lot more depth. breadth and complexity to the body of Christian belief on many things than his/her narrow stereotypes allow for.

At the bottom of it I do believe that some are too wrapped up in ideology, belief systems, texts and their meaning to see the forest for the trees. Its about how we behave toward others, not what we understand about religion or what we practice that we call religion.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Actually God will use Putin to destroy this whole system so that it can be rebuilt properly.

Why the hell would a god need to use a man to destroy anything? In the old days (according to the bible) he used to just do it himself.

Is god suddenly disabled?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

You catch more flies with honey.

The attitude of the entire OP is hostile and condescending as if assuming that all of us are somehow less than the OP. Pride goeth before a fall - Proverbs 16:18

Do unto others ... Luke 6:31

People will respond to you in kind. If you want others to think you are wise and enlightened, then you that's how you present rather then ranting away.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I won't disagree, but the sort of people the OP seems to be talking about - actual Biblical literalists, are rare IME. I know they exist, but I've very rarely to never run into one outside of the internet where it's possible to find all things.
edit on 16-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

God will use all things as He sees fit.

Whether or not Putin is the instrument of His divine wrath? Who can say. However, I don't think God has especial wrath for the US outside of our Founding based on certain promises that were made.

No, we aren't mentioned in Revelation. Neither are China, Brazil or Lichtenstein. Oh no! God is coming for them too.

Guess what? God's coming for all of us in the end. But we are the ultimate instruments of that destruction in a lot of ways. If things are destroyed, it's because we let it happen and bring ourselves low. That this is all foreseen is as much a commentary on human nature as it is a commentary on divine orchestration and will.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I don't like that god. He could resolve EVERYTHING by just showing up himself and saying "hey people, this is what I meant".

No, that doesn't happen, and it won't ever happen. I have my reasons why I know it won't ever happen, you have yours. We both know it won't ever happen though.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChloeTTR
How is it that you are not aware of predetermination in all things, even in this very thread I am typing

How are you thus not aware of complete lack of free will ?

Even bad people like ISIS or even worse people like US government and allies who funded them, ULTIMATELY serve a role that is predestined and designed by God.

Do you now understand why Jesus taught that hate and hating someone ultimately makes no sense because of the way this universe and life is designed.

First you say that everything we do is predetermined. You go so far as to imply that the act of writing this thread was predetermined. Then you go on to say that we do not have any free will because everything that happens, even the things that bad people do, are predetermined and designed by God.
But then... "Do you now understand why Jesus taught that hate and hating someone ultimately makes no sense because of the way this universe and life is designed."
You contradict yourself here. You're implying we do in fact have free will and a choice of whether to hate, a choice of what to feel, how to feel towards another person, etc etc. So do we have free will, or do we NOT have free will? If your Jesus is real, he certainly wouldn't teach people that something that was predetermined to happen because of his own grand cosmic design in fact made no sense.

So do we have free will, do we not have free will, or does part of God's grand plan actually make no sense, according to Jesus himself (actually according to you, unless you were there when Jesus taught this)?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

the earth was not made in 6 days. The earth was made some time in eternity past/from everlasting. It was made before there was a depth to space and it was made before there were fountains of water Ps 8:22-24.

It was made habitable for the current life of plants, man, animals in six days.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I won't disagree, but the sort of people the OP seems to be talking about - actual Biblical literalists, are rare IME. I know they exist, but I've very rarely to never run into one outside of the internet where it's possible to find all things.

Don't we all have that ability though, to find the right path within us, through us, through the conduit of our soul?

Al have the power to become sons or daughters (children) of God?

Thats all that means. Its not some big mystery riddle wrapped in an enigma, its a journey in life to find the real us, to find our soul and communicate directly with "God" through it, that, us.

The Kingdom of God is within?

Or some such.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

the earth was not made in 6 days.

I know. I was being facetious.

It was made habitable for the current life of plants, man, animals in six days.

Lol, it took much longer that that…

…but never mind.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Look man

There is a reason you selected name trollz

I very much doubt you really want to know what going on, I think you just wanna have fun

There is no free will, but because we don't know our predestined future, to us it seems like free will

And yes Jesus himself was part of no free will reality, as long as he was in the physical

If you want to have free will, you shall have to leave your earthly life behind, you have to physically die to be free
edit on 17-4-2016 by ChloeTTR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

Disraeli, is that you ?

No matter

Man, you are limited.

Really ? You never researched topic of UFOs and reached conclusions based on your research

You think universe is empty

You think it is just art work for us to look at

You think I am advocating evil actions by speaking about predetermination ?

And you think Israeli Zionists are not that bad

In my view you are not just wrong, wrong is dime a dozen and normal almost

In my view you are also immoral

We shall not speak again, there is no point

Take solace in this,

If I could help you, I would, take care

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChloeTTR
a reply to: Chronogoblin
Disraeli, is that you ?

In a word, no.
I am still here on ATS, I have never needed to write under any other name, and that poster, as you should have noticed, signed up in 2008. Not exactly a new account.
Another clue; that poster was taking your claim to be a Christian at face value. Having seen you in the past posting as a gnostic, as a Zoroastrian, and as a worshipper of El Elyon, I would not have done that.

We shall not speak again, there is no point

But if you apply that promise to me, and keep it for all your future incarnations as well, I will be well pleased.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Hey there you are

Worshiper of what ? You have me mistaken for someone, I am the age old ATS member that fights government shills, talks about how US deserves very bad things to happen.

I like how you keep cool and not let people shake you

Of course some of us would like to inform you not shake you

Let me be blunt

If you have family in Israel or mid USA, you should say your farewell or move them to another location

Time is almost up and I happen to love it

Some people drink or take drugs, JUSTICE is my drug

Justice is my high

Try not to be jealous of the fact that I Know where as rest of you have to rely on belief

I once entered church and saw afraid people who want to believe

I felt pity for them, how awesome would it be if they had knowledge instead of belief only

Seriously though

Move out of mid and east USA

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Don't know who Disraeli is.

Limited to what exactly?

UFO's are a hoax. Demons are shape-shifters, there's a reason why all 'abductions' are accompanied by uncontrollable fear. Perhaps I am not the one that needs to do some more research?

I don't think anything of the sort, I said that I am leaning towards it being empty. I am not even sure there is a universe in the definition that most people understand and promote.

I'm not sure where you got that one.

I think that Israelis have been propagandized by the world system. All people have some bad. Zionists aren't Jews in the traditional sense, they are the Jews who are not Jews mentioned in scripture. The Synagogue of Satan.

I am immoral because I disagreed with your obviously biased and arrogant opinions? Right then.

Too bad, because you seem to be rather intelligent, simply been brainwashed by the system just like 90% or so of the other people on this website, and throughout the world.

You cannot help me, because you cannot even help yourself. Find Jesus, or not, your choice. He's the only one that can help, everyone else that tries is doomed to failure, because all are flawed. Why do you think there are so many self-help books? Because no one can find the answers outside of God. Also explains why the Bible is the greatest selling book of all time.

God bless you.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Possibly kinda maybe yes U believe ChloeTTR is Padawan Googlemiser

If you could live one day with ability of my 140 IQ mind

You would not want to go back to being so limited.

OMG!!! OMG!!!

I say I have an IQ of 146, however its higher then this! Really Padawan Googlemiser.

However, and I must stress this point, I think im dumb as dog Sh!t. Some of the absolute stupid things I do and say is just plain dumb and totally contradictory to said IQ score, Padawan Googlemiser. As im sure someone of your supposed IQ you say you have.

So...... I do live with such an 'ability'. But I don't hold it that high given ego, personality and present health (taking into account proper eating, sleeping, exercising etc etc.

This is just like that other Christian Hate thread your previous internet incarnation started, which is pretty much this thread being a continuation of such hatred.

Besides, an IQ of 140 is nothing compared to real Geniuses. Real ones Padawan Googlemiser that would put us both to shame even if we were working together. (please don't take that as an invitation just an analogy, Padawan Googlemiser).

Don't you really think its time to move to another forum?

Coomba98... sorry

Summers Eve.
(Your female friendly companion, Padawan Googlemiser!)

--
Edit.
Crap this account is also now banned. Guess im not getting a response. Doh!
edit on 30-5-2016 by coomba98 because: Because Padawan Googlemiser is freakin strange, weird and absolute BAT SH!T CRAZY!!!!!.... with a hug me gentle jacket! lol

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The Christians needn't do any better because they have been fooled into thinking that its ok and acceptable to be a no good POS who must sin, repent, sin, repent..... on the eternal card of acceptable sin.

And the very fundamental problem with this logic is that if people continue to accept this toxic belief of an eternal cycle of sin, repent, sin, repent, nothing will ever change and neither will anything ever get better. Christ informed you that you would come to perform even greater miracles than he himself, but there is no way you are going to accomplish these miracles while you are subscribed to the eternal card of sin, repent, sin, repent. It will never happen.

So, what we must do is each of us must begin to re-realize our individual powers that each of us carry through the empowerment we have through our free will of choice.

You see, if one begins to slow down at each choice they make, and they become super present during every choice they make, and they begin to make every effort to then execute morally good choices, that eventually this whole process will become the standard by which they live their lives. And it is from this very standard, whereby one is constantly choosing morally good choices that they will eventually come to realize that even Sin, is but a choice. It is at this precise moment that one may become empowered above sin, and as such they gain a much more trusted position with the creator. This is the exact space in which the 2nd coming begins.

You see, Christ isn't coming back to save you or anyone else for that matter. The 2nd coming of Christ is YOU, is ME, is HIM and is HER. It is in each of our beginnings to re-empower ourselves with our free wills of choice, our collective making of good moral choices, and our subsequent trusted position with God that will then allow for us to conduct miracles even greater than he.

The 2nd coming is the Christ that exists within each of us that begins to awaken when we begin to use the power of our free will of choice.

Kingdom Come (Heaven coming to Earth) awaits our choosing, so choose wisely!

Love, Light and Power,

edit on 2-6-2016 by IAM13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join