It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HB2, North Carolina mandate to hate homosexuals.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
The brain telling a man he is a woman is called mental illness.

Thank you, Doctor. I am so glad you weighed in with your opinion and I feel so much better knowing your professional analysis. Comforting to know we have such highly qualified experts on-board to show us the way. I'll sleep better tonight knowing you've cleared this all up for us.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

a reply to: Freija

If a guy loses his junk he still has the DNA of a man.
Although you do your damndest, one thing you can't deny is the DNA you were born with. Human gender is one of the few things that is black and white. It's binary. On - Off. In - Out. Unless there is a mutation or defect.
It's the simplest concept to grasp. Don't complicate things so much. It's not that complex.

Yeah, I suppose when one's understanding about these things is no more advanced than what they learned in eighth grade health class, it does seem pretty simple. You are using the word gender to mean sex, which I'll admit because each has a different meaning depending on context is confusing, but gender, in the sense of the psychological and emotional acknowledgement of a one owns feeling of being one or the other does not depend on DNA. The very definition of transgender is when their own sense of what gender they are does not match the physical sex they were observed to be at birth.

Most folks' gender as masculine or feminine, men or women is in accordance with being physically male or female. In transgender people, these things don't match - Gender is in the mind, heart and soul, not in the bits and that gender is far from black or white or binary.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

Although you do your damndest, one thing you can't deny is the DNA you were born with.

True.
But which part of DNA determines gender or sex? While chromosomes (not DNA) are involved in the latter, the former is an open question.

edit on 4/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

"mental illness" Is actually a side effect of the torture and poison.

So technically it's not "mental illness" It's mental manipulation and a needle.

edit on 16 4 2016 by Hex1an because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

Say what? I'm sorry but the meaning of your cryptic post escapes me. I'm old, dense and it's late. Care to elaborate or were you just trying to be an ass and I didn't get it?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Sorry missquoted for IridiumFlareMadness "The brain telling a man he is a woman is called mental illness"

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Over in Korea, they got a bucket in the corner. Men use it. Women use it. Kids use it. Men who want to be women use it. Women who want to be men use it. How does sexuality, urination and defecation combine into some type of moral argument? If one developed and deployed deeper insight into this and similar constructs, you would arrive at one big belly laugh.

Oh, I've been laughing the whole time. This is all about people who are obsessed with their genitals.

Yeah. I regret ever replying to this thread now. I am going back to the "sane" threads on ATS...lol

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RepealTheLaw

What is your point with this post? If they are female, they go in the female bathroom. If they are male, they go into the mens room. How hard is that?

If you are a confused person, go to the bathroom before you leave home..

The whistling noise you just heard was Freija's point passing far, far over your head.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Over in Korea, they got a bucket in the corner. Men use it. Women use it. Kids use it. Men who want to be women use it. Women who want to be men use it. How does sexuality, urination and defecation combine into some type of moral argument? If one developed and deployed deeper insight into this and similar constructs, you would arrive at one big belly laugh.

This country, America, has been working toward getting out from under Fundamental Christian control for a long time.

We are, but they have a strong hold.

It is happening, but they continue to fight for their life. They are losing.

As soon as we are rid of the yoke of Christianity, Islam will arrive to try oppress us. Abolish religion, embrace spirituality.
edit on 16-4-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: comma

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So what I am seeing is that you have your ire stoked because people cannot sue under this law when they are disriminated against. And you are directing your ire at the OP, who isn't even commenting on that. All he is saying is that this big dust up is NOT about "transgendered bathrooms". Thats the red herring.

Im not sure you and him disagree in the least. Seriously.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

As this "PC madness" seems to usually be associated with the liberal left, maybe take a hard look at who made this a problem in the first place when no actual problem has ever existed. Transgender people have been using the facilities that match who they are as people since there's been facilities and people.

Yea, this is kind of the big picture for me. For years and years, everyone was fine with how things were. Then, all of the sudden, some folks who want to be noticed and treated as special raised hell and got a bill together for the city of Charlotte to enact the law they did about bathrooms. Then, our state government needed to step in and call bull#. Now, there is a real # storm dealing with this, when in reality, if the snowflake with the inferiority complex would have shut up and continued on as he/she had been, none of this would be an issue.

And while you rail on and on, think about the number of people who fit into the tiny little box. Does the other 99.5 percent of people have to cater to the wants of this tiny minority? Where will this end? With separate bathrooms and separate drinking fountains? Perhaps special seating in the back of the bus?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: theantediluvian

So what I am seeing is that you have your ire stoked because people cannot sue under this law when they are disriminated against. And you are directing your ire at the OP, who isn't even commenting on that. All he is saying is that this big dust up is NOT about "transgendered bathrooms". Thats the red herring.

Im not sure you and him disagree in the least. Seriously.

the reason for the OP was all the confused ideas about what this bill actually was for. Everyone seems to think it's about radical right wing Christians enacting legislation to put the LGBT community in their place. It's not.

The original issue was because of the bathroom issue, but the bill was to repeal that, and make it impossible for another bill of equal absurdity to be enacted without passing the sniff test of the state.

I think this is a perfect example of how the general mindset of people are. If we were in Los Angeles, many more people would be concerned with the welfare of the LGBT community simply because they are more of a majority there, and the state generally thinks more liberal. In NC, you have a much larger Christian conservative base, who will think and act differently. I assure you both states think they are more correct. But they both actually are, for their demographic.

Change is happening, and in some places, it's swift and in your face, in other places, it's baby steps. Those differences happen for a very good reason.

Thanks BFFT for taking the time to understand what I tried to convey.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If the religious right would stop projecting their own perverted fantasies on others, laws would not be needed.

How many transgenders were using the bathrooms before they got involved? Idiots who still live in archaic times, thinking it is an abomination against God instead of realizing they are fellow human beings.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

as a guy who runs and develops businesses, i can tell you that having to rework a floor plan to include a 3rd bathroom would sink any restaurant that isn't part of a chain.

what is more likely to end up happening is businesses will choose to not offer restroom service at all, and just let the city take responsibility for providing that. its what i'd do. Just don't allow restrooms at all.

A lot of local business owners would just be obnoxious about it. Like, rent a portapotty for the 3rd bathroom

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Transgenders have been going into the bathrooms of their identified gender (not their born gender) for a long time and no one has really noticed. It hasn't been an issue.

Right. So had all this special treatment not been on high demand of "Give us special treatment, or else!" then none of this would be an issue.

What special treatment?
The "special treatment" of not being beaten to death by a mouth-breathing, trailer living, red neck "Christian"?

No one demanded any "special treatment", but then I guess you think it's "special treatment" when a group of people demand the same rights you have.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative

If the religious right would stop projecting their own perverted fantasies on others, laws would not be needed.

How many transgenders were using the bathrooms before they got involved? Idiots who still live in archaic times, thinking it is an abomination against God instead of realizing they are fellow human beings.

this is kind of why it irritated me to much. A month ago, and thousands of years before that time, everyone seemed to be able to navigate the intricacies of the restroom just fine. All of the sudden, a very, very small group of people who would have done much better to not speak, did, and presented a bill that somehow passed and was about to make it very difficult for the majority.

If in the past, a butch looking person walked into the mens room and into a stall, I sure as hell wouldn't stop them and question their manhood. I might have a question in my head, but decorum would prevent it from vocalization.

This to me is like a guy who turned himself into a dolphin, lobbies for laws to make the entire town more friendly for those who chose to identify as a fish. (south park episode)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
the reason for the OP was all the confused ideas about what this bill actually was for. Everyone seems to think it's about radical right wing Christians enacting legislation to put the LGBT community in their place. It's not.

You're clearly either trolling or in deep denial, numerous people here have pointed out the stupidity and hypocrisy in your claims, and you keep ignoring them and banging on with the same nonsense.

This law is not just about transgender bathrooms. This law allows the specific discrimination against all LGBT people across the state, it specifically places those with "faith" above all others in law, which is unconstitutional at the very least.

You can keep trying to ignore that all you damn well like, it won't make that reality go away.

Not that any of this matters of course, these laws will be repealed in all of these states and the Christian fanatics will once again be shown that their previous hegemony is well and truly over.

If it takes the federal government to do it, then so be it.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

So your real complaint is that progress is being made and these people have the audacity to be themselves openly?

Damn those people! Wanting to live life out in the open and in full view of my bigoted and ignorant sensibilities!

Now just who is the "special snowflake" now? The one who just wants to get on with life and be treated like anyone else? Or the one who wants other people to hide away because their mental immaturity has given them a arrogant belief that only people like them matter and everyone else should just shut up?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Transgenders have been going into the bathrooms of their identified gender (not their born gender) for a long time and no one has really noticed. It hasn't been an issue.

Right. So had all this special treatment not been on high demand of "Give us special treatment, or else!" then none of this would be an issue.

What special treatment?
The "special treatment" of not being beaten to death by a mouth-breathing, trailer living, red neck "Christian"?

No one demanded any "special treatment", but then I guess you think it's "special treatment" when a group of people demand the same rights you have.

what rights were removed here?

Common sense was upheld.

Men pee where men pee. Women pee where women pee. If you are in the tiny group that has trouble figuring out where you fit in the big picture, revert back to the previous times in your life where you made a decision and were able to relive yourself.

If you walk into a biker bar wearing a dress, you might expect a little trouble. But then, I would also expect the guy with the dress to know before hand that his choice of bars could be a life or death decision, choose wisely.

I have the right to wear a meat suit and swim with sharks, I'm just not that stupid.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I think a little perspective is needed. Here's an article written by a transgender man (former woman transitioning to man) that explains his very valid concerns. My sister referred to it this morning as 'heartbreaking'.
By the way I'm delighted to say that North Carolina's governor is now in deep trouble when it comes to his re-election.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join