It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superfluid vacuum theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I am really quite excited about a new branch of physics that seeks to unify all of the unknowns of physics.

I am a physicist and have been slightly dismayed at the media frenzy over the Higgs boson and superstring theory etc., which are abstract vague concepts that really don't take us anyway nearer to explaining the fundamental physics constants and reconciling all of the problems of modern physics.
However I feel this is about to change with what I have been studying about superfluid vacuum theory recently.

If you are not familiar with it then this youtube video summarises some aspects (and is one interpretation among many):

Advances in solid state and low temperature physics suggest that the vacuum of the universe is actually an underlying medium made of particles that act as a superfluid, or even an abstract (super-)solid crystal. It suggests that all the fundamental particles are "quasi-particles".
This is backed up by the fact that quasi-particles in crystals (phonons) obey quantum mechanics the same as subatomic particles.
The "curvature" of Einstein's space-time can now be understood as a variation of density of the background medium (aether).
Light comprises waves in this medium and low pressure causes gravity as the particles are actually vortices.
The concepts of particles as vortices are old in physics with Maxwell and Thompson advocating these ideas which were lost over time
as physics diverged in different directions.
Tesla's ideas that the aether carries a longitudinal pressure wave are also allowed and even allows the possibility of faster than light travel by manipulating the background medium.
Special relativity (time and length contraction) is explained by considering that the vortices slow down when traversing dense aether.
Dark energy emerges as the energy contained in the fluid and dark matter can be thought of a turbulent wake behind objects moving through the aether (galaxies).
The problem of more matter over antimatter is explained in thinking the universe might be spinning in one direction, giving a preferential creation of vortices travelling in that same direction.
There are many scientific publications giving glipses of pieces of the bigger picture but no one seems to have put it all together yet.

Anyway please let me know what you think!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
no physicist here but what you wrote makes sense to me. i am not quite sure if i got it right though.

we are living in a giant crystal or aquarium instead of the vacuum of outer space?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Flagged to watch later, sounds fascinating.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: stoneborn
we are living in a giant crystal or aquarium instead of the vacuum of outer space?

Yes the vacuum of outer space is the fluid!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
really interesting. will definitely watch the video after i get home from work

still trying to S&F you but it doesn't seem to work

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

I'm no physicist, but I have always found the notion of the universe being full of nothing to seem silly. The universe being some sort of unknown phenomena really seems like the obvious. The "weak" force of gravity seems to fill in every nook n cranny of this universe. And the size of this universe is simply something our mathematics cannot even begin to fathom.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

It's not really new as it was basically one of Einsteins pet theories that he couldn't rationalise fully and something that various other luminaries have looked into without being able to construct into scientific proof..

Accordingly, most of the well informed physics bods on here recognise the well trodden paths ( for them) and dont have much to say as it's one of several contending theories that are close- but still no cigar.

edit on 15-4-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Interesting Thread Thanks..
If only we can find / work out what the fluid, Either (Dark matter) comprises ? These kind of vortex actions I can picture with Planets spinning orbiting Stars which are revolving and reacting and orbiting Galaxy's which are speeding ( 600 KM /S ? ) through this invisible soup..

hypertextbook.com...

Maybe our Universe is also spinning and all this movement creates redshift mmm.

Is the Universe Spinning?

news.discovery.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This aligns with my current theories. If the Universe had no medium none of its current laws would hold, Gravity itself acts through a universal medium or it would not decrease with distance.

Without a medium no force can be applied. Without a medium the speed of light would be infinite.

Thus now the important piece is to learn what fundamental laws this medium reacts to and profit with faster than light travel, and zero point energy (Infinite energy of the universe).

I propose antimatter is the oil to the universes water. If you can create friction less travel in the universes medium you can essentially accelerate infinitely.

Fun things to think about.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If ive ever had the thought that we are some tiny floating piece of matter floating through the blood stream of an Alien ...its now

Ty for this thread...

I really hope my boy lennard susskind isnt wrong in the matters of string theory.

S+F

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There was an experiment with liquid helium particles arranged in an array (they were not touching each other) and quantum locked. When an edge particle was prodded ALL the particles reacted in some manner (the furthest away reacted but not as much as the closer one). I would provide a link but I have forgotten where I saw it!

Anyway, if the vacuum is not a vacuum but a sea of quasi particles all interacting then instead of trying to stream along some curvature why not block all the interactions with, let's say, a vehicle or capsule of some sort? The quasi soup contains the macro stuff we call gravity somehow and if you block it all out... well, there is an idea. (How it gets done is another problem all together!)

I thought 'superfluid' was a state of matter near absolute zero. Maybe it is 'superfluidity' I am thinking of? But weird things happen at those low temperatures!

There a bunch of different viewpoints on physics here at ATS. Some are out there and some are straight text book. Don't get too upset if one side or the other prods you in one way or another! Just means we're listening to what you are saying!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I think physics is harder than you think it is. Care to explain what, mathematically speaking, a vortex is?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Very interesting... and very old ; )

If you find this interesting I suggest you should read and research Walter Russel.

edit on 15-4-2016 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
How is this related to Zero Point Energy?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
I am really quite excited about a new branch of physics that seeks to unify all of the unknowns of physics.

I am a physicist and have been slightly dismayed at the media frenzy over the Higgs boson and superstring theory etc., which are abstract vague concepts that really don't take us anyway nearer to explaining the fundamental physics constants and reconciling all of the problems of modern physics.
However I feel this is about to change with what I have been studying about superfluid vacuum theory recently.

If you are not familiar with it then this youtube video summarises some aspects (and is one interpretation among many):

Advances in solid state and low temperature physics suggest that the vacuum of the universe is actually an underlying medium made of particles that act as a superfluid, or even an abstract (super-)solid crystal. It suggests that all the fundamental particles are "quasi-particles".
This is backed up by the fact that quasi-particles in crystals (phonons) obey quantum mechanics the same as subatomic particles.
The "curvature" of Einstein's space-time can now be understood as a variation of density of the background medium (aether).
Light comprises waves in this medium and low pressure causes gravity as the particles are actually vortices.
The concepts of particles as vortices are old in physics with Maxwell and Thompson advocating these ideas which were lost over time
as physics diverged in different directions.
Tesla's ideas that the aether carries a longitudinal pressure wave are also allowed and even allows the possibility of faster than light travel by manipulating the background medium.
Special relativity (time and length contraction) is explained by considering that the vortices slow down when traversing dense aether.
Dark energy emerges as the energy contained in the fluid and dark matter can be thought of a turbulent wake behind objects moving through the aether (galaxies).
The problem of more matter over antimatter is explained in thinking the universe might be spinning in one direction, giving a preferential creation of vortices travelling in that same direction.
There are many scientific publications giving glipses of pieces of the bigger picture but no one seems to have put it all together yet.

Very well explained

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I thought frictionless fluid in a vacuum spontaneously generates a vortex. The mass and quantify of the fluid dictate the contour of the vortex. I always pictured entanglement stratification in the vortex. It would explain a few things for me.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I hope I can reassure you with this thought:the Universe is full of gravity.And light.

Anyhoo,on topic;How would 2-dimensional spacetime work in an Aetheric Universe,eh?

You're destroying one of my favourite ideas.😃

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Haven't watched the video yet, but how would you reconcile this idea with relativity? Wouldn't this give a prefered frame for the universe?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I'm really interested in this, and I have to think it is likely a more accurate concept. They prematurely tossed the aether model and there were some high altitude experiments that did seem to show some ether drift, but were dismissed by Einstein's supporters.

Can you point to some papers that give some of the general ideas?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I post this periodically- usually it receives a flaming and responses such as "show us the math" but it's good because:

Quantum Space Theory is based on SVT
Thad Roberts has an interesting backstory
It demonstrates visibly receptive physics-creep into the co-conversationalists affections.

Quantum Space Theory

I found the 38:00 minute mark showing visualization of 9 dimensions using discrete quanta quite interesting.
Later it goes on to discuss 2 other temporal dimensions giving 11.
The QST theories about spatial density of the quanta in relation to things like Gravity, Redshift, Entropy etc are also very interesting - whilst not proven.
edit on 16-4-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join