It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superfluid vacuum theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X

If you are not familiar with it then this youtube video summarises some aspects (and is one interpretation among many):

Anyway please let me know what you think!

Could you please clarify how exactly this video is representing superfluid vacuum theory?

The proton, neutron models resented in the video seem to have a nontrivial field/flow shape (if I understand it correctly). I don't see how they are actually supposed to work. To me it seems as someone taking the fluid flow analogy a bit too far.

Now looking into a couple of papers, SVT seems to be about nonlinear extensions of quantum mechanics, making some interesting predictions.

For the logarithmic variant the solutions are solitons/gaussons(gaussian shape solitons):
- have finite field potential/energy
- can reach speed of light at finite energies
- propagate slower with increasing energies

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I thought 'superfluid' was a state of matter near absolute zero. Maybe it is 'superfluidity' I am thinking of? But weird things happen at those low temperatures!

Yes you are correct superfluids form near absolute zero (e.g. Helium). The viscosity goes to zero.
The vacuum would behave as a fluid with zero viscosity (Inviscid)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RandallB
How is this related to Zero Point Energy?

Zero-point energy is a concept from quantum mechanics. The superfluid vacuum theory underlies quantum mechanics.
It explains that the probability waves are waves in the superfluid. Tesla thought that the aether carried energy, which is I think what you are referring to.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I thought frictionless fluid in a vacuum spontaneously generates a vortex. The mass and quantify of the fluid dictate the contour of the vortex. I always pictured entanglement stratification in the vortex. It would explain a few things for me.

Yes vortices are generated in superfluid rotation. Superfluid is irrotational. Try to rotate a bucket of superfluid and you get a bunch of equally spaced quantized vortices.
I always thought this might be analagous to the magnetic field lines.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius..

Could you please clarify how exactly this video is representing superfluid vacuum theory?

The proton, neutron models resented in the video seem to have a nontrivial field/flow shape (if I understand it correctly). I don't see how they are actually supposed to work. To me it seems as someone taking the fluid flow analogy a bit too far.

Now looking into a couple of papers, SVT seems to be about nonlinear extensions of quantum mechanics, making some interesting predictions.

For the logarithmic variant the solutions are solitons/gaussons(gaussian shape solitons):
- have finite field potential/energy
- can reach speed of light at finite energies
- propagate slower with increasing energies

Yes I agree I think the author of the video has gone beyond what others call SVT and put his interpretation of quarks and atoms. I'm not so bothered about these parts.

Some SVT papers ponder that it is quantum mechanics. That the waves in the aether carry the particles (like de Broglies "pilot waves"). Rather than extending QM we could derive it.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Interesting... I wonder how many people know that the math for hydraulics and electronics is basically the same. I suppose the only major difference is mass in a hydraulic system has inertia, as where the electronic side does odd things with inductance instead. If you simplify it enough, both can be treated as a fluid system.

Also this fluid must have some carrying of momentum itself. The empty space of a vacuum actually affects permittivity of a charge and permeability of magnetic fields. Because it has a small amount of resistance, this medium must experience transfer or losses - may not be the "ideal" superfluid. Howver this non-ideal state may be necessary for it to actually work.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pauljs75
Interesting... I wonder how many people know that the math for hydraulics and electronics is basically the same.

This has been my motivation all along, and the guy who made the video compares the EM and fluid mechanics equations, they are the same. If you read Maxwell's early works he always worked with the aether being a fluid. The whole of EM was derived from fluid mechanics. Now quantum mechanics and Einstein have lead us in completely the wrong direction for years!
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Love it.

We are in an electrically conductive super fluid soup. Explains a lot.

Basically this is showing the same thing that happens when you put a graphene tube in salt water.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

the vacuum of the universe is actually an underlying medium made of particles that act as a superfluid

"..medium made of particles that act as a superfluid". OK. Lake pond made of rain drops. What's the catch?

thank you.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: greenreflections

Or its an attempt to back pedal presence of medium format denial?

edit on 20-4-2016 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Sure was an odd day in my physics lab when the TA pulled my partner and I aside, and began to tell us a tale. He told us about how he and his friends committed the largest heist of all time by stealing a safe full of moon rocks out from under NASA's nose. He continued to tell us how he got busted after trying to sell the moon rocks. The FBI had set up a sting straight out of, well, The Sting. As the mastermind of it all, my TA got the sentence, and ended up in a federal prison for several years.

That's when it happened, he told us. While sitting in his cell, with nothing to do but to think, it came to him. The spark behind a new idea. And so he worked on it, and after he made parole for good behavior, he managed to publish a book about it. And then he became my physics TA. And told me this story.

I left the lab session that day wondering if my TA was a supervillain and about how cautious I should be around him. And then I felt very sad as I realized I could never intern for NASA, as it turns out my TA burned that bridge pretty completely. For the whole university, more or less.

But yeah, it was an interesting idea he proposed, sure. I still can't find reference to a computational physics problem he referenced as the motivation for his number of dimensions though.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

Great story.....weird how people are connected.

Did he mention the bit about banging chicks on hotel bedrooms sprinkled with moon rocks??
Even if his QST is garbage I will always respect that nerd-creep....

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Yeah, he most certainly made sure that anyone who was listening knew how many women he slept with.

The way he talked about women was what made me the most uneasy around him, to be perfectly honest.

Like, his motivation for the heist?

He wanted to impress the girl he was cheating on his wife with.

Then after having the moon rocks he started thinking of himself as practically like a sex god.. I was kind of enthralled in the beginning of his story, but as it went on he really just came off as a total creep, lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

Ha ha didn't see the reply.
Apparently Einstein was also a legendary dick slinger so maybe we shouldn't judge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join