It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A stupid question for flat earthers.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Didn't know where to post this but....

Ok so you all say that the earth is flat and that the big conspiracy is that TPTB are lying about it. My question is...

Why the cover up? I mean what possible reason would they want to hide this from us? Make no logical sense. Not bashing, just having a hard time understanding.

Not only that but any evidence that is presented is auto dismissed as CGI, hoax, optical manipulation, hell they could shoot you all to the moon in a rocket and you would say they just stuck you in a VR session.

Follow the math, it can't lie.
edit on 14-4-2016 by MidKnight because: Structure reformat

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MidKnight

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

On topic: in this day and age, anyone who belives the flat earth scenario needs to use a telescope to look at other planets and then explain, with logic and reason, how our ball of dirt is different from every single other ball of dirt and why.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

the arguments ive heard ivolve being able to sink money into nasa amd since nasa doesnt do anything except fire a couple rockets in the air steals a bunch of tax dollars and uses it more more nefarious reasons. Also I have heard the argument that it being the grand deception its kind of like a standard line or indicator that says "Yes we are in charge... you believe everything we say....... we are all powerful...... we are illuminatti"

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thats always been my question too.
I will listen to all the claims and 'evidence' all day, because it's entertaining, but I still don't understand:
Who gains from this and why? and
If your so confident... go take a trip to the end of the world and take some nice pictures.. then jump off

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

not even all that is needed.

flat earth mongs can:

1- get a sail boat on craigslit for cheap, start sailing to the EDGE.

2- get a go pro cam, seal in copper layered with nsulation to protect against cold, buy or rent a 4,000$ USD weather balloon ( reaching stratosphere maybe mesophere cost more)

3-buy/rent a non commercial rocket (available after markets) and nikon camera pointing down.

4-get one of those tennis training machines that throw balls at you, tilt, 65 degrees, and decrease in 3 degrees increment until close to 45 degrees and log trajectory and distance.

or,

5-simply get some someone to high five you in the face, and knock back some common sense in place. (rhyming unintentional, im also available for high fives for a relatively low price of 19.95 USD))

6- explain rip tides, toilets flushing, seasons, morning in cali while night time in india,
7- no explorers reported anything about flat earth back when explorers were exploring because they needed to. ancient astronomers supposedly were in on the conspiracy too, or mathematicians and physicists whom pioneered everything we know today were unable to detect a flat earth. and every astronaut, russian cosmonaut, chinese spy satellites,

and i guess virgin galactic CEOs and other commercial space flights in the works need to come up with some virtual reality they can display around their crafts to hide the flatness of the earth in all its glory.....

THINK....

edit on 14-4-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

oh yeah and if it was flat then all the sudden all the ancient stories of the bible, and other ancient texts from all contents, starts making more sense, and more people start ignoring government and science and consumerism and start paying attention to their Gods. Thats no good for the illuminatti.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Is there a flat-Earth believer member of ATS? I haven't come across even one post by a FE believer on any of the threads I've come across on ATS. I don't think you're going to find anyone to argue against you here (unfortunately, as it would be kind of fun.)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I've looked into the flat earth material, not because I ever believed it, but I gave it a "fair chance" and more or less found it somewhat intriguing.

I've found that in the end, it all boils down to religion. Most of the outspoken proponents for flat earth, at least the ones that I saw, are looking for religious confirmation.

In the end though, it was all just a bunch of junk science, cherry picked arguments and a whole lot of denial going around.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Didn't Eratosthenes of Cyrene figured this out in the 3rd century BC ?

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-4-2016 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

That is what I've seen too.
Usually by the same type who can find a picture of anyone, doing the "El Diablo" devil horns...
Even if it is just a picture of someone pointing, with their pinkie barely up.
A lot of these people absolutely destroy what limited credibility they have with me when they really start reaching for proof.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot
For one? It's not a ball of dirt. Balls aren't flat. Duh.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Just curious, why is this in LOL? It seemed that the OP was denying FE?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

The religious element to the flat earth fails on one of the main proponents of the theory . The guy has a cult like following but is anti-God and religion . True that many are but the louder voices are not ....I think it is a interesting subject and am more of a fence setter but am cheering for the Flat earthers .

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

because almost all flat earth threads are immediately put in LOL just for mentioning flat earth, I have noticed this since ive been here, The moderators think this particular topic should be immediately dismissed and dis credited as soon as its brought up. But threads about real vampires are game, makes sense right?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

It's painfully obvious that the 'rounders' have gotten to ATS mods.
Its like pizza dough.. when you toss it up and spin it, it turns flat.. that's what happened to earth and its been an elaborate plan to hide it from the masses ever since.
Crab people.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

The moderators think this particular topic should be immediately dismissed and dis credited as soon as its brought up.

Perhaps they are part of the "control."

Edit:
I've asked before, why doesn't the landing gear of a jet get ripped off when they land at a right angle to the "spin?" The ground underneath is supposedly moving at 1400 feet per second at the equator. Nobody has replied yet.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Oh believe me, i trust calculus more than some tard saying we flat, I just can't fathom the whole argument.

How exactly does the earth being flat prove gods existence?

I truly suspect that this argument is more about "look at me!, Look at me!!, LOOK at me!!!, LOOK @ ME DAMMIT!!!!

Just for the record Earth is not flat.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

well, unless you've been to space. you would never know for sure if it's flat or not. That's the whole point. People are too quickly to believe what they're told. How many people have been to space? Not that many. the process they select people to go, they all could be insiders.

math...
science...
simple truth is no one knows for sure unless they leave earth...
how do we fly airplanes then?

PROJECTIONS!

I'm not saying the Earth isn't round. I am just saying I can see where they are coming from. Math and science is still man made stuff. I mean people believe in the Bible... can it be really that hard to see why people believe the Earth could be flat?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

I mean people believe in the Bible... can it be really that hard to see why people believe the Earth could be flat?

Are you trying to confuse me?

You do know that most of the people who believe the earth is flat also believe the Bible or Quran or whatever quite literally?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

No, I am just saying it's easy to get people to believe in things. One thing over another. I don't think your believe has more or less proof as theirs. Proof after all is also made up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join